It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

websites and what you look for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
what do you guys look for in websites?
what attracts you to that specific website. and why do you keep visiting it.

apart from BTS/ATS and comunity wise

what do you look in aspects of Features on a website
what gives it the egde that would attract you.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I love eye candy, I love making eye candy, I feel that if the site doesn't have much eye candy it's not worth my time looking it over... even news sites must have eye candy, colors that blend well.. if there's games or anything that has anything to do with games that's cool too. But mostly, I enjoy making websites from an artists point of view, not an informationalist's view. However if there's popups on a website, more than likely I will not return. If the site is soo ugly due to poor color placements... again more than likely I'll never return.

One of my all time favorite sites is that of Snarg, Snarg has been around since 1995'ish:
www.snarg.net pt.1
or
www.snarg.net pt.2

[edit on 22/6/2008 by wyldwylly]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I love to look at the web source on websites with new and complex scripts. Call me a nerd, but I think it's fun to see what kind of new codes people make.

I also enjoy game forums.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Man, you must have been thinking hard, cause it has been keeping me awake. I was laying in bed thinking we should do a post on what is your favorite links and sites... No kidding... and then I get on line and here it is... amazing...

So I have a few, but I must say first that I look for beautiful things to look at and information that helps me advance either, mentally, intelligently or spiritually...

Art sites that are great...

www.browse.deviantart.com...
I could spend weeks here alone... and I have art on here too... just look for Zaimless.

www.elfwood.com...
This is an awesome site if you are into fantasy and science fiction art.

www.theartofoneness.com...
Really nice art, and it is a new site.

www.bestofthebeast.com...
Really cool art work.

www.elfwood.com...
This is the page my own artwork is on, again I can always use feedback.

www.thewhitetygress.blogspot.com...
This is my home page and you are all welcome. After each entry you can post comments and I am always looking for feedback, plus I have polls you can take.

The newest site to me is Red Ice Creations.
www.redicecreations.com...
Though they are not new they have just opened a forum section for unpaid members. It's a great group of people, intelligent and they search to learn about absolutely everything, from the moon to hell and everything in-between.

But I am always on the look out for new sites so be cool and hope this thread gets lots of responses.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like freedom of speech.

If a site got it I like it.

Then there is the ppl factor I dont like it when most members are childish, mean, stupid, biased, or lame. Lameness doesnt make the board go round, it keeps it dead and pale. And I dont like a site where members only attack others misspells, incorrect punctuationing, or their choice of words or sentences used. That shows foolishness with a lack of intelligence.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I like websites that constantly have new content so they don't get old. Websites that have a community of users who interact with each other respectfully and civilly, websites with forums dedicated to many different subjects. Finally, they must be professional looking and pleasing to the eye.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It all depends on what I am looking for in content. Mostly, as a Web/Graphic Designer, I enjoy sites with good content management, easy to read text, loads fast, updates and a reliable source of information. The entertainment part comes next, with images, media, and more. When looking for a good message board, it should have a good amount of updated posted and enough users opinion to keep me interested.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Mostly nudity!Also sites that display things that initially make you look away in disgust but than like a good car crash you have to keep staring.I also enjoy sites that have teens and preteens in the forums some of the stuff those kids post is gold(gaming sites) reading twelve year olds try to come up with good witty comebacks is priceless.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Ah, the question that risks embarrasing so many of us! I'd love to say that I spend my web-based time reading Vonnegut and Hawking lectures, studying obscure historical facts, and wasting hours in virtual art galleries. While I have done all of the above the truth is that I tend to end up spending the bulk of my time visiting sights with much less intellectual appeal.

I have taken a LOT of IQ, personality, and purity tests to whittle away the hours.

I have gone on hours long blog hunts. Usually settling upon the ones that are more humor than substance.

I have spent so much time on IMDB.com that I doubt there will be a movie coming out in the next three years that I have not already read about.

I social network habitually. MySpace.com usually, and less frequently Fubar.com.

I sit and Wikipedia.com just about every obscure thing I can think of, just to learn a bit more about things I am not up to speed on. This is sometimes fruitful. But then there are days like when I decided to catch up on about twenty years worth of comic book storyline via Wiki.

I visit a site called Listverse.com which I usually end up enjoying even if the lists are user generated and don't necessarily follow statistical reality.

Occassionally I visit gigaiqsociety.org - a site for the five or six most intelligent people alive, based upon IQ, just to follow links to scientific papers that I couldn't understand no matter how hard I strained.

And, of course, in a boredom based pinch, there is forever the Google.com which can make any word, real or imagined, usually into a several hours long search for information.

Just please don't reference this post, in the future, if you happen to come across me, somewhere else on ATS, attempting to sound educated and lofty! My browsing habits can remain our little secret!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The stuff that no other websites have. Websites that have terms where you can express your thoughts, edit things, make it as personal as you can get and be satisfied, you won't forget them that easily.

Like this one for example, its not difficult, it has interesting topics, and you can do basically whatever you like as long as you keep it clean. And good moderators, because people who don't know how to write or to keep their tongue about them really get on my nerves alot and I tend to get angry also.

Freedom of speech baby

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I like websites that are put together well, easy to read, don't have a bunch of confusing crap that distracts you. As someone else said, eye candy is also important. But I don't like a site that is all candy and no substance. It also has to be easy to navigate, and of course, it helps if the author doesn't sound like a crack-pot.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Since this is up I guess my reply wouldn't hurt. I guess I would look for something useful in any website.I've surf the web alot and I did find a number of useful websites out there.Other than that I would also look for entertainment related sites,like imdb.com for ex.

new topics

top topics

join