It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Congress and What They are Doing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I found this article and looked into some of the legislation mentioned. It is a crying shame what our "leaders" spend their time on.

With rising inflation, unemployment and gas prices, all our Elected Representatives have to concern themselves with is this drivel...

Congressional business is as frivolous as it ever has been.

Among the many bills the House of Representatives passed on June 3, 2008, three stand out as both unnecessary and extending the purview of Congressional power.

The first of these bills was H.R. 4106, the Telework Improvements Act of 2008. And what important business does this law address? It requires "the head of each executive agency to establish a policy under which employees may be authorized to telework [e.g., work from home]."

The second piece of legislation is H.R. 3774, the Senior Executive Service Diversity Assurance Act. This bill requires "the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to establish within OPM the Senior Executive Service Resource Office to make recommendations to the Director with respect to regulations, and to provide guidance to agencies, concerning the diverse composition of the Senior Executive Service (SES).

Finally, there is S. 2420, the Federal Food Donation Act of 2008. This bill requires "all government contracts above $25,000 for the provision, service, or sale of food in the United States, or for the lease or rental of federal property to a private entity for events at which food is provided in the United States, to include [a] clause that encourage[s] the donation of excess,

This, my fellow Americans, is our government in action. One may wonder what ever happened to the statesman, that man or woman who could exercise political leadership with wisdom and without partisan rancor while addressing the genuine needs of the country which fell within the Federal Government's enumerated powers, difficult though those needs might be.

Such a figure is rarely to be found in the current Congress. What we are left with instead is petty bickering, an avoidance of responsibility, a flurry of wasteful legislation, and deceptiveness in addressing the public on issues of greatest concern to the majority of American citizens.

CNS News

Read the full article for more specifics on the legislation.

Semper

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
interesting

you know what else is a complete waste of congressional time?

Conducting investigations into MLB for steroid use

whats next?

are they going to knock on my door and ask me if i have my "hax" on playing counterstrike?

Our congress is a joke.

Totally agreed

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Our congress is a joke.

I beg to disagree.

Jokes make you laugh. Congress makes you cry.

new topics

join