It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Out Where You Stand

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is a Basic Political Ideology Test....

Although tests like this are seldom accurate, they are fun and at times, informative to the individual...

Here is a good one..

The political Compass

Enjoy and let us know where you stand.

Semper

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I always thought I was more authoritarian, but by that test I landed right on top of where Ghandi is graphed at. Hmm, I think that test is a tad off.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well. THAT sucked. It requires a street address and a cell phone. I have neither at this time. So I have no idea what I scored.

Geez.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Well. THAT sucked. It requires a street address and a cell phone. I have neither at this time. So I have no idea what I scored.

Geez.

I didn't have to do that. Maybe you clicked the wrong link. There were several there. That said it was pretty accurate for me. I'm not saying. I like to keep ya'll guessing.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ah, yes. I found the wrong link. Thanks for straightening me out. And the test I took was bad - my views most often did not come close to any of the selections... Heh. Go figure! LOL!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Nice Find Semper!!!!

Results Here

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

I landed pretty close to Emptee, just left and south of center. Pretty surprising. I think there were likely some leading questions in the survey that carried a lot of weight. I also think the wording is somewhat slanted at times also ......... "I ALWAYS X"....... questions that I wouldn't necessarily disagree with if they were worded less absolutely.

Pretty interesting, thanks much for the political find. Now, if anyone asks me, I'll just say I'm about -3 Y/-1 X. Give them some graph paper and a pencil.

That was fun, thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, I took the test. I am on the same quadrant as Gandhi, but further to the Libertarian - like... equidistant from Left and Libertarian, closer to the outer corner. (Don't know how to give the external image, sorry.)

EDIT to add:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

EDIT (again) to add:

www.politicalcompass.org...

[edit on 6/22/2008 by Amaterasu]

[edit on 6/22/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Now, of course, I am compelled to go back, take it again, tweak my answers to more extremes (strongly agree rather than just "agree", see how it changes.) Yah. It's a sickness.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Now, of course, I am compelled to go back, take it again, tweak my answers to more extremes (strongly agree rather than just "agree", see how it changes.) Yah. It's a sickness.

Ah but the thing is, be honest and you'll get an accurate assessment. Can you HANDLE THE TRUTH?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, that was interesting, at least to me. I went back, took the test, and chose to answer only "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree". I hypothesized to myself that that would change the values quite a bit. Nah. I'm still about the same place: Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

Not only that, I see that my previous theory of it being slanted was a bit of an overstatement. There WERE no questions "I always X"; first time through, that was my impression.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh yah. I've not gotten to 50 with a positive outlook without having learned to quell my ego and not BS myself. Yes, I can handle it. Good question

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was halfway down into the Libertarian zone and slightly to the right. It said that this sort of free market ideology only feeds the military/industrial complex. But what I see happening is a government deciding to war and feeding the military industrial complex. And it's made possible by them pushing the cost down to the next generations. To me the most conservative thing that could be done is get rid of the ability to push debt down to the next generation.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hiyah Semper! Cool quiz

Here's my score: Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.36

I am pretty much in the middle of the 4 squares...here's the link to my results:

Oh well it won't let me put the link, anyway I was almost dead in the middle
where the lines meet dead center.

I thought I'd be a little more up on the Authoritarian
But nope smack dab in the middle of the whole thing. Can't wait to see what everyone else scores

By the way Semper what was YOUR score?

[edit on 22-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well met! You and I are nearly identical!

(How did you get that pic on here...???)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

I'm close to Milton Friedman. He's my kinda guy, minimizing govt
in all aspects of our lives would solve all our problems.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

By the way Semper what was YOUR score?

HARD CORE Libertarian!!!!

Go figure, it's the most Conservative value.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess Rush will be calling me tomorrow for advice..

Semper

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
So I'm slightly left with a hardcore libertarian outlook. Yep, that's me alright, a Liberal and proud of it!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

That was fun:

My results

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join