It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wouldn't Be First Black President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm not going to shout this from my rooftop, but I'm of Black ancestry myself. It's a small amount 1/8, from my Mother's side. You'd never know it by just looking at me. I have straight, blonde hair, blue eyes, and light colored skin. I'm also part American Indian and Scot.

My Grandmother always passed herself off as being part Indian rather than Black. She had a very dark complexion, brown eyes, and coarse, straight hair.

You never really know who may be in your family's woodpile until you do a little searching..

PS: This thread earned me a new respected foe!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I'm not going to shout this from my rooftop, but I'm of Black ancestry myself. It's a small amount 1/8, from my Mother's side.

an 1/8th!!
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

seriously, tho, were you being sarcastic?
that is like saying "some of my best friends are black"

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
an 1/8th!!

No, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. What's so funny about being 1/8th Black?

I don't get the comparison?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Abraham Lincoln was a Melungeon. They were in the South before the English settlers arrived. Their lineage was unknown until recently. At one point some president declared Melungeons to be non white and they had to leave their land or they would be enslaved. Many Melungeons moved and hid their heritage. It is believed that Abraham Lincoln's mother was trying to hide her Melungeon heritage. Through DNA testing it has been established that Melungeons are closely related to people living in Tripoli. Their name suggests Turkish origins because Melungeon means damned people in Turkish. Some of the Melungeons also have an Antolean bump. No one knows how they arrived. They may be shipwrecked Spanish sailors. They may have even been Moors fleeing the Spanish inquisition. Abraham Lincoln has a big nose which suggests middle eastern ancestry.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
an 1/8th!!

No, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. What's so funny about being 1/8th Black?

I don't get the comparison?

Acutally there's nothing funny about it - if you were living in the time of slavery in the south that 1/8th would have been enough to put you in chains....I hope some of you folks will check out the links I put up - especially the youtube interview with Cheikh Anta Diop - one of the finest minds of the last century - a scientist (nuclear physics), egyptologist, linguist....
here it is again just in case

video.google.com...

dont be lazy now - do ya homework

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
Acutally there's nothing funny about it - if you were living in the time of slavery in the south that 1/8th would have been enough to put you in chains....I hope some of you folks will check out the links I put up - especially the youtube interview with Cheikh Anta Diop - one of the finest minds of the last century - a scientist (nuclear physics), egyptologist, linguist....

Well, it's a good thing those days are over. I'd have made a lousy slave. I don't like taking orders, and I'd have been hideless in under a year.

[edit on 6/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The idea is quite possible, but next to impossible to prove. Does anyone have a time machine handy?

African ancestry is not all that common because people were considered second-class citizens if they were not white anglo-saxon property-owning protestant males. A lot of us on this site would not have the right to vote...

Heck, I have native ancestry and I'm as white as they get (well not exactly, I tan...). I wold not be surprised at all if past presidents had other-than-white blood in them.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Heck, I have native ancestry and I'm as white as they get (well not exactly, I tan...). I wold not be surprised at all if past presidents had other-than-white blood in them.

Yeah a lot of people have mixed blood, a lot of people wouldn't know just by looking at them.

I love looking at some actors heritage, it's sometimes suprising what you find out, for example that guy Wentworth Miller in prison break, check out how mixed he is lol!

African-American, Jamaican, German, English, Jewish, and Cherokee Native American Indian ancestry, Russian, French, Dutch, Lebanese and Syrian descent.

Now that's mixed!!

Wentworth Miller.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.imdb.com...

I myself look pretty white, I'm actually half Moroccan half british, but could pass as a white man. Green eyes and all. I have the same complexion as Wentworth Miller.
Moroccans can be quite light anyway, quite a few light skin, green eyes over there.

What all this says to me is, nothing is that black and white lol. We are all the same, it's just genetics.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"Diversity" eh?
The wonders of "Diversity": Race an increasing factor in L.A. gang slayings (L.A.)

Jefferson, who served two terms between 1801 and 1809, was described as the "son of a half-breed Indian squaw and a Virginia mulatto father,"

Please - this is from the same century when "anthropologists" believed that Southern Europeans were "Afro-European hybrids", whilst Eastern Europeans were "Asio-European hybrids".
Also, it's silly using an opposing politicians slander of a particular politician as "historical evidence".

And is their "African heritage" so obvious that not a single biographer has touched it?

Actually J.A. Rogers did the research

en.wikipedia.org...

J.A. Rogers was also the inventor of the infamous "Hannibal/Cleopatra lived in Africa - THEY MUST'VE BEEN BLACK!" fallacy.

Race by the way is a social invention - started many hundreds of years ago with the European colonozation of Africa and Asia - the color of a person's skin before that was a non issue....

The hypocrisy of your statements are amusing:
On the one hand, "race" was 'invented by Europeans', yet you post this idiots pseudohistorical ravings on the "Black Khmers", "Black Arabs", "Black Native Americans" etc.:

Originally posted by realshantiGlobal African Presence

Also, on the "European Invention of Race":

This older, more relative sense has been noted in other culture areas. The Japanese once used the terms shiroi (white) and kuroi (black) to describe their skin and its gradations of color. The Ibos of Nigeria employed ocha (white) and ojii (black) in the same way, so that nwoko ocha (white man) simply meant an Ibo with a lighter complexion.
- "Fair women, dark men: The forgotten roots of colour prejudice", History of European Ideas, 12, 669-679. Frost, P. (1990).

"The blacks are more numerous than the whites. The whites at most consist of the people of Persia, Jibal, and Khurasan, the Greeks, Slavs, Franks, and Avars, and some few others, not very numerous; the blacks include the Zanj, Ethiopians, the people of Fazzan, the Berbers, the Copts, and Nubians, the people of Zaghawa, Marw, Sind and India, Qamar and Dabila, China, and Masin
- "The Boast of the Blacks against the Whites", Islam from the Prophet Muhammad to the Capture of Constantinople, Bernard Lewis.

Website destroying the "Moors were black!" myth

But can we all just grow up:
The "one drop" rule is no more - so what if they had "African" grandparents, or great-grandparents? I have a Polish-Hungarian Jewish great-grandmother - should I become Prime Minister of New Zealand, I highly doubt a pseudohistorical "Inquisition" would be launched to discover the "Secret Polish-Hungarian Jewish Roots of several previous New Zealand Prime Ministers".

Really, people

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Honestly IF true I am not surprised. Look, I have some race problems
BUT I also love the people in my state black or white. I have white pride, and I respect and applaud those with hispanic and black pride. I don't agree that races should mix, but I love people as people. As I get older that ice around the pumper starts to melt, and I can start to un-learn the old crap I have lived with for so long. That said.... I WILL NEVER NO MATTER WHAT VOTE FOR OBAMA.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I too think this is propaganda. Socrates, Jesus, Lincoln, Jefferson, Old hickory..give me a break. Somehow I'm suprised that the "author" of that article didn't try and claim Kennedy, both Roosevelts and Ben (all about the benjamins) as having black descendants too. PFFT

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Lincoln was most likely of Jewish heritage. Google it, he never professed belonging to any religion I believe; probably due the stigma associated with Jews. Research has also been done relating him the Jewish surname Springs.

Lincoln totally looks like he's jewish with that beard and hat of his anyway... He really does look Jewish...

No wonder he went to war with the south lol, lol, lol

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is a silly thread, your either Black or your not, Obama is pretty Black, but not really, he 's mulatto, light skin ...

Claiming someone who is blatantly white is Black because there are some Black genes in there somewhere is silly, like saying i'm part Lemur because somewhere down there I was related to a Lemur

Public Enemy in one of there songs used to say "Black man, white woman, black baby"

Nothing could be further from the truth, people also predict the demise of white people via inter breeding in the next century, also very wrong.

I have seen nothing but that the recessive caucasian genes when mixed together become the dominant Dna, in other words generation One... you get an Obama, generation 2 if mated with another mulatto or Caucasian person the children assume Caucasian features .

I think honestly given the numbers of Blacks and whites that when "the powers that be" encourage inter racial love and pc and all that goes with it... really they are still racists and know that if every Black man had children with white women in a couple of generations we will have systematically eliminated the African American heritage...

there are just allot more cuacasians then any other race in this country, particularly more than Africans and even Mexicans are mixed blood Europeans and Indians...

any way you mix the number, interracial bonding is really the end of African Americans for the most part... a Mulatto person could Marry a Mexican which has half European spanish genes and you get a recessive White Baby 3/4 times... Racists don't mind people that look like Jessica Alba do they?

Those presidents were all White as can be lol

[edit on 23-6-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
LOL I mean this is funny... your either Black or your not

Black militants... Blacks Include China and India LOL Tell that to them haha...

In China they teach in school that they are decended from Peking man... they wouldn't associate with Black or White people down to the cave man era lol Tell someone from China he is Black and get some Shaolin Kung Fu done on your keister lol

and India, they are Dark but they aren't Black (African) Either, more Dark Aryans then anything...

Black as in African... is just that. White as in European is just that... and by generation 2 after a mix you choose.. one race or the other and that's the race your kids are...

and, well with Obama as an exception...and please no offense, mixed races of any kind with Caucasians go after white women 90% of the time in terms of how thier children choose to mate.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
yeah , jefferson used to hit the skins with his black slaves and im sure many prez's did.

That doesnt mean their kids became president. Ive never seen any president that has noticeable black features. I doubt we would have aloud that in those bigot days. So who could know if they were 1/45th black anyways if its not noticeable. Im sure it would be erased from the books.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I was doing a little research on Obama and McCain, when I found this article. I have to admit I was a bit shocked to find out there may have been other biracial presidents.

I cannot attest to the veracity of the information, but if true, it's definitely food for thought..

[edit on 6/22/08 by LLoyd45]

yes i think the same

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Obama is not black. He is only 6.25% black, 43.75% Arab and 50% Caucasian.

If elected, he will be our first Arab president! Kinda puts a different spin on it, don't ya think?

If you don't believe me, just google "Obama not black but Arab" and read for yourself.

Blessings and truth to you!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wakeupcall1111
Obama is not black. He is only 6.25% black, 43.75% Arab and 50% Caucasian.

If elected, he will be our first Arab president! Kinda puts a different spin on it, don't ya think?

If you don't believe me, just google "Obama not black but Arab" and read for yourself.

Blessings and truth to you!

How come he is so dark then?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not all dark skinned people are black. Arabs vary from light skinned to dark skinned. But anyway, Harding and Lincoln do look mixed to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

According to your logic I would be white then. I have Caucasian ancestors on both sides of my family. Yet I am black.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join