It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wouldn't Be First Black President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Were there other "black" presidents? Some historians have reason to believe people don't really understand the genealogy of past U.S. Presidents. Research shows at least five U.S. presidents had black ancestors and Thomas Jefferson, the nation's third president, was considered the first black president, according to historian Leroy Vaughn, author of Black People and Their Place in World History.

Vaughn's research shows Jefferson was not the only former black U.S. president. Who were the others? Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge. But why was this unknown? How were they elected president? All five of these presidents never acknowledged their black ancestry.

Full Article

Mod Note (This Appears On Every new Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 22/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was doing a little research on Obama and McCain, when I found this article. I have to admit I was a bit shocked to find out there may have been other biracial presidents.

I cannot attest to the veracity of the information, but if true, it's definitely food for thought..

[edit on 6/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yep, its as if someone is trying to hide the truth that there have already been black presidents. And most people will continue to believe this because the media says so.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BBTBE

This article was the first I've heard of any former black presidents, so it's obviouslya pretty well-kept secret. I wonder why more black leaders haven't capitalized on the information? It'd be a great talking point in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
They didn't teach that in my high school. But of course, we aren't taught a lot of things we should know.

I guess this election is only half as historic as previously though now, eh? Unless we find a past US president who was a women.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I always thought that Bill Clinton was the first black president. That's why Hitlery was so mad; her husband cheated on her with a white chick.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great find. There's also a book titled 'Black Blood, White Masks' that even names Dwight Eisenhower as being black. Can't wait to educate My kids on this little tidbit when it comes to their Amer. Govt. class.

Peace. K*

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think the article is a false propaganda piece by black apologists and cannot be taken seriously. I fail to see why the blacks can't stand on their own accomplishments.
Jefferson had red hair.
None of the portraits of the others reveal anything that even looks quarter black.
Do the research.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
These look like propagandized claims, especially since they don't offer any real evidence and this seems made up. We'll need some more research before I believe that.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I think the article is a false propaganda piece by black apologists and cannot be taken seriously. I fail to see why the blacks can't stand on their own accomplishments.
Jefferson had red hair.
None of the portraits of the others reveal anything that even looks quarter black.
Do the research.

I honestly doubt it's false propaganda. Back in the day, white and blacks were a pretty tight knit group. There was a lot of intermixing between slaves and their owners, and I'm certain more than a few of our founding fathers had a drop or two of black blood in them.

For example do a google search on Abraham Lincoln. He was described as being dark complected, with woolly black hair. To me his picture pretty much says it all..

Here's another link

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well taking into consideration how many of these president had black mistresses, I think that I will lean more into believing that is some truth to the article.

I have to tell you, I knew about the mistresses but I never knew about the background of these men.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I clicked your link and my computer got hung up.

What kind of a place is it that has this article?

diversityinc. Yeah, propaganda clean thru. I googled it and got hung up on that link tool There is enough info in the promos to give you an idea what they are all about. Sort of the flip side of Stormfront.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
jhon hanson was supposedly black; and the 6 presidents after him up to washington were supposedly as well; thi was under the articles of confederation

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Jefferson had red hair.
Do the research.

My cousin has black ancestry, her father was adopted and in trying to find his real parents discovered they were black. He was flabbergasted and demanded dna and it came back 99% that that was his mother. My cousin is as white as day and has very blonde hair, etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't doubt this at all. MANY white Americans have black ancestors. Seeing as how common it was for slave masters to have sex with their slaves, it's more likely than not that many, MANY white people of today have a black person in their heritage.

The Genes that Build America

Yet, as millions of Americans take DNA tests, they are discovering a surprising truth: America's strict racial lines are, in fact, blurred. One-third of white Americans, according to some tests, will possess between two and 20 per cent African genes. The majority of black Americans have some European ancestors.

Obama would be the first president who was thought of by the people as "black". Back in the days of these other presidents, it was thought of as something to be ashamed of. Not today.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Jefferson had red hair.
Do the research.

Do not be so quick to knock off something based on someone's hair color. I can give you two examples of how genetics can be screwy.

I have reddish brown hair, no curls, bluish gray eyes .... completely Swedish ancestory on my Dad's side of the family... my mom's side, way back to my great great grandfather.... has black.

Second example.. I went to high school with a girl who was blond haired, brown eyed ... she dated a blond haired blue eyed guy throughout high school. She got pregnant... baby was most definately mixed. DNA test done by her b/f and his family... it WAS his without a doubt. Come to find out... her great grandmother, who she never knew or heard talked of was black.

Genetics is screwy. Just because they do not LOOK mixed does not mean they are not.

And I have heard Lincoln was mixed before. Never heard Jefferson but it doesn't surprise me.

VV

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Jefferson had red hair.
Do the research.

Actually J.A. Rogers did the research

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course you can simply say " A black man wrote this so it must be wrong" ...but I wouldn't bet the farm on that horse if I were you.

my grandfather is of african descent - my hair is blonde and my eyes are bluegreen - so Jefferson's red hair.....ermmm is not evidence of anything - except a gene for red hair...and grand dad was very proud of his blood relation to Jefferson..oops

Race by the way is a social invention - started many hundreds of years ago with the European colonozation of Africa and Asia - the color of a person's skin before that was a non issue....

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
and just for educational purposes here are some links for those interested in history not widely disseminated - for reasons I leave to your discretion to determine

Global African Presence

You Tube interview with Cheikh Ant Diop -
video.google.com...

Race and History

So it not is a stretch to say that some American Presidents have African descent is NOT a stretch at all....in fact since life began in what we now call Africa I will say we ALL do...whether near or far back in time....so get over yourselves

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Lincoln was most likely of Jewish heritage. Google it, he never professed belonging to any religion I believe; probably due the stigma associated with Jews. Research has also been done relating him the Jewish surname Springs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join