It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Everything Spinning Out Of Control? AP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Things going out of control?

Naw, I don't think so. I do think the sensationalism is a bit high, but hey, that sells products. It makes people watch TV. All of the environmental mumbo-jumbo aside (whether you subscribe to manmade GW or not) - Michael Crichton made a very good point about this in his book State of Fear and in many of his speeches.

For instance, compare two current wars the US is engaged in - the Iraq War and the Korean War. We've lost 4,000 troops in Iraq in five years. We lost almost 37,000 troop in the three years of active fighting in the Korean War.

And yes, the Korean War is still current, although hostilities have ceased long ago. We've been under a cease-fire agreement for almost 60 years.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Don't shout please.

The USA pratically IS under martial law, so there isn't much point in hammering that point much. Many freedoms have already been lost, on paper, but it's a testament to the strength of the american people that they have a hard time going much further than that. Beside, in the end I don't think this is about extermination but about control. It's about shaping society so it only serves the guys at the top, and there has to be political consolidation before there can be strict repression. They're not there yet and may never get there. But first they will go after your wallet, not your freedom. That is what is being done atm, an attempt to bankrupt america (like america has sadly done to many nations the world over, there is some karma here to acknowledge folks, sorry).

If the states hold on to their power and individuality, the union will survive, if the states fold to federal control the union will dissolve into whatever globalist centralised political structure is trying to be setup. It's a paradox but it more or less describes the current situation in US politics.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

What you just typed goes along with the idea I have, as do many, that the wars are just financial cons intending to grab money out of the national budget and keep the USA poor and under control. You can't control a prosperous and well educated population, war keeps the nation focused on negatives, even if in reality it's little more than a scuffle compared with other more pressing problems like the domestic murder rate.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We're having so much trouble in the USA because our original "bootstrap determination" our gritty, white knuckle determination has been replaced by our unquenchable desire to gain more while doing less. Almost every facet of life has been affected by this new laziness, this arrogance bred into us at an early age. We are Americans, proud, strong and unstoppable god forbid we should have to kill our own animals, make our own clothes, cook our own food or do anything at all for ourselves.

The new philosophy is less makes you more. Everything is cheap, replaceable, and generally pretty much the same as everything else. There is no value system in our lives anymore, and I don't mean religious. There are no real ethics, no one has any personal philosophies, no one thinks for themselves. Everyone wants to live up to some false ideal of beauty and success.

You know what, I'm not going to ramble I'll get to the point. I blame us, all of us. It's not a national or global problem, it's an individual problem. We need to stop worrying about this or that conspiracy and make sure that, as individuals we are free thinking and informed enough to make intelligent decisions for ourselves. Everyone wants the government to have less power but I hardly see how that would work with the legions of blubbering idiots we have surrounding us. I'd wager a bet that maybe 10% of the people you see on a daily basis are intelligent enough to form their own opinions and make their own decisions.

We strive for mediocrity, we don't want to work or suffer, we want the same as everyone else has, we want to be treated as important as we KNOW we are. Somehow, since WWII we've become a nation of spoiled idiots and it's YOUR FAULT!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

If that's how you see it, but I don't agree with you there. I don't believe that it's part of some greater machination of control and a subjugation. I think it's simply a tried and true business model for how to run a news network these days. It makes money, simple as that.

South Park did a really good parody of this, I think, where the boys were investigative news reporters.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I suggest you take your logic one step further and study what money really is. If you come to the same solution I have, in that money is debt, then you will realise there is a conspiratorial element there, just a step further down the rabbit hole and on the same logical path you're already on.

I will agree that for there to be control someone has to relinquish control, so in a sense yes, this a social dynamic with two sides to every coin, but that dosen't change the fact that there are people out to "get" you, ie, own you.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yup ! The brits did the same to Germany after WWII. They ruined the German economy and purposely destroyed the German currency so that Germany was forced to pay debts with Personal Properties, Ships, Submarines, Equipment, etc. And pay they did, with everything they had,
Until the whole of Germany was in debt and owned by the elites' Which is the the way it is to this day.

I feel they have the same ideas about America.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
When you look at all thats going on.
YES, it's out of control.
For me it started on 9/11.
It all feels like a bad dream.
On 9/10 everything was ok, Bush had won the white horse.
But he always reminded me of a used car salesman, so i thought he could'nt get in too much trouble.
Boy was i wrong.
When you look at the lost jobs, failing economy, tainted food supply, energy, immigrant issues, the list goes on.
You could say well, we've always had these problems.
I'm 46 and i can tell you no we haven't, not all at once.
I say, they started globelization and it's not panning out as hoped.
Actually nothing is panning out as hoped.
Don't you feel hopeless, powerless?
Do you feel the change is right around the corner?
I personally have no answers for you.
But my gut say's, drastic change is coming.
Bad or good or both...........?

[edit on 23-6-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ORNOT

I SEE IT AS A SCHEME DESIGNED TO CREATE REVOLT IN ORDER TO DECLARE MARTIAL LAW. I SUSPECT A LARGE ATTACH ON THE OIL SUPPLY, RESULTING IN PRICES SO HIGH THE COMMON MAN WILL BE FORCED TO REACT.
THE LAST STAW.
ORNOT

Why in the world would higher gas prices have to lead to martial law?? Why can't humans adapt? I know I am saving for a bicycle and a moped. I prefer to think of positive progressive things to relieve the crunch, not mass hysteria. I still have faith in my fellow humans!

[edit on 23-6-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ORNOT

Sheesh. Double post with all caps lock... you are really an outlaw.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
...And when the pillars of this empire crumble, I'll be skipping across the stars far, far away and the only thing I will ever know is peace.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Globalization i feel is the right word. Wrecking and patenting the food supply, driving up prices...looks tom me its to make everyone turn to government for help and then the government will finally feel powerful like they always wanted! Give your power to the government and you are made to be powerless and they have easier control.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Is it that things are spinning out of control, worse than they ever have before? OR is it in the best interest of a handful of people that the majority of us believe this to be so?

When we perceive things as being beyond our control we tend to look for others to fix our woes. With massive societal issues, those "others" always end up being Governments. And when Governments provide us with solutions to our problems it rarely, if ever, bodes well for the common man. The so-called help ends up coming in the form of power or wealth consolidations that always benefit only a handful of people.

Just one look at main stream media information outlets (The news) tends to prove the point that we are being driven towards high levels of anxiety and are innundated with hyperbole in ways that no other culture ever has been before. All of the stories hinge upon negatives. Death, war, famine, drought, inflation, immigration, citizens being dispossessed of belongings or rights. It is a never ending smorgasbord of negativity. It is all doom. This has to be by design and to serve a purpose.

My belief is that purpose is to make us, at once, desensitized and terrorized. Terrorized by the world, but too numb to effectively feel that we can do much about it. We become no different than those who suffer the indignity of violent and personal crime. We develop the textbook victim mindset. And THAT mindset benefits those who would make all of us into victims of their greed and agenda.

Think of it this way... Are things spinning out of control? Of course they are. Entropy works. Decay is basically what life does. And the little nuances and rules of life tend to bleed over into every aspect of it. But are we worse off than any other culture? Ever? I think the Mayans, Babylonians, Greeks, and Romans might not think so. We are still here. History tells us that we won't always be here. Nations will rise. Nations will fall. It is a natural process. And we can accept that. We are on a roller coaster, in a way, and there's no way for us to deny it. Some roller coasters utilize lighting effects to increase the sensation of speed. What we are being subjected to, as a society is no different than this. Just a man behind a curtain, manipulating the light switch.

In the end all we have to do is pull back the curtain and show this man, behind the curtain, for what he is.

[edit on 6/24/08 by Hefficide]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
video.google.com.au...#

This video sums it up for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Originally posted by Mainer
It is an interesting story because it is so un-news like. At almost any point you can find bad things to consolidate into a "national malaise." I think the midwest floods are what really pushed his into the theme of bad times.

No. A blind man can see that we have passed our "Golden Age".
I fear for the wrecked nation our Grandchildren will live in.

Actually the truth of the matter is this. At no other time have we lived in a world where our future could turn on a dime. I don't fear for anything we leave our Grandchildren at this point, because we could have unlimited energy tomorrow.

See how we are curing cancers, growing meats, etc?

I'm of the mind that those who think our Golden Age has passed simply have no imagination. Our Golden Age is but yet to come!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Quazga]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join