It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Refuses To Release Documents On Air-Quality Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

White House Refuses To Release Documents On Air-Quality Policy

www.washingtonpost.com

The Bush administration yesterday invoked executive privilege and refused to turn over key documents sought by a House investigative committee, escalating a fight over the White House role in U.S. policy on greenhouse-gas emissions and ozone air quality standards.

Rep. Henry L. Waxman (D-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, called off a threatened contempt of Congress vote against Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen L. Johnson and a White House budget official while congressional Democrats decide how to respond.

Lawmakers say the two Bush administration officials refused to respond to subpoenas for documents about communications between the White House and EPA. The papers concern White House intervention in Johnson's December decision to overrule EPA officials who were in favor of granting California and 17 other states permission to mandate a reduction of vehicle emissions by 30 percent by 2016.

In March, the EPA also issued tougher health standards for smog, but they were not as strict as levels recommended by an EPA science advisory board after President Bush sided with the White House Office of Management and Budget in opposition.
ad_icon

"Administrator Johnson has repeatedly insisted he reached his decisions on California's petition and the new ozone standard on his own, relying on his best judgment," Waxman said. "Today's assertion of executive privilege raises serious questions about administrator Johnson's credibility and the involvement of the president."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This administration is one sorry ass piece of work.

And people talked about Clinton fatigue... it wasn't nothing compared to being worn down by these bozos...

... which by the way is not meant as a slur to clowns.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Actually because under the Bush administration corporate America has been able to get away from anything they desire, right now is many reports due in this nation for public awareness that has not been updated or put out for the public since 2004 and even some before that.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

the congressional subpeona power is useless and the white house knows that...why does anybody think that congress can do anything against bush. i mean look at the last 8 years...a democratic president would have been impeached along time ago

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They have also stopped publishing information so interested parties can't find out what they are up to.

For example the government used to publish how much and what type of aid the government gave to states and localities. Well the bush administration started slashing these funds left and right and when state and city leaders saw how much they were losing they started complaining.

bush minor's response? The government stopped publishing those figures so the people most effected have no way of knowing just how much they have lost.

bush minor and his cronies are leeches and parasites sucking the life blood out of this country so their buddies can profit.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

this is true. Clinton got impeached for lying about consensual sex... an act that was no one's business but their own, certainly not Kenneth Starr or the Republicans. At the same time bush minor has done serious harm to this country and he is set to retire gracefully as opposed to being... up against the wall mofo.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You got it right, they are leches getting their wealth from the money that belongs to the American people.

I even send E-mails to my two representatives in the state after they voted no to an energy bill that would have help people with the rising prices of gas and electricity.

I told them they were a shame to the tax payer and for whom they have been working lately.

Interesting how this people are getting away robbing this nation one dollar at a time.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hell they rob it billions at a time my dear. Anything less is chump change to these people. Yet still you find those who still believe their lies as the rich get richer and the rest of us get poorer...

...What cost me $70 to $80 to buy at the grocery last year, hell earlier this year, cost me around $120 now... and when you add in the cost of gas and all... I might have to move in under a bridge just to survive... sad thing is I am not alone.

new topics

top topics

join