It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton: Israel Will Attack Iran After U.S. Election But Before Inauguration, Arab States 'Delighted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Bolton: Israel Will Attack Iran After U.S. Election But Before Inauguration, Arab States Will Be 'Delighted'

thinkprogress.org

I think if they [Israel] are to do anything, the most likely period is after our elections and before the inauguration of the next President. I don’t think they will do anything before our election because they don’t want to affect it. And they’d have to make a judgment whether to go during the remainder of President Bush’s term in office or wait for his successor.

I don’t think you’d hear the Arab states say this publicly, but they would be delighted if the United States or Israel destroyed...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

...the Iranian nuclear weapons capability.

Bolton's consistent beating of the war drum is not surprising but still sickening.

It is funny to hear him say the Arab nations would be "delighted" it is such a strong echo of "we will be greeted as liberators". It amazes me that they feel comfortable and safe recycling the lines they used for selling the Iraq war, but when you rule a nation of sheep I guess there is not much to fear.

The bottom line is we have a lot to worry about. This continued push for Iran is just like that of Iraq. Still I believe they have not yet solidified their ability to invade and it is so important for us as the people of this nation to push back against the administration....IMHO.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Then there is Bill Kristol doing what he does best, which is serving his dark master (Cheney?).

"Kristol: Bush Might Bomb Iran If He ‘Thinks Senator Obama’s Going To Win’"

However, “if the president thought John McCain was going to be the next president, he would think it more appropriate to let the next president make that decision than do it on his way out,” Kristol said, reinforcing the fact that McCain is offering a third Bush term on Iran.

“I do wonder with Senator Obama, if President Bush thinks Senator Obama’s going to win, does he somehow think — does he worry that Obama won’t follow through on that policy,” Kristol added. Host Chris Wallace then asked if Kristol was suggesting that Bush might “launch a military strike” before or after the election:

WALLACE: So, you’re suggesting that he might in fact, if Obama’s going to win the election, either before or after the election, launch a military strike?

KRISTOL: I don’t know. I mean, I think he would worry about it. On the other hand, you can’t — it’s hard to make foreign policy based on guesses of election results. I think Israel is worried though. I mean, what is, what signal goes to Ahmadinejad if Obama wins on a platform of unconditional negotiations and with an obvious reluctance to even talk about using military force. link

Purely disgusting. How Kristol blends chipping away at Obama, Fear mongering in the publics collective consciousness, and pushing for war with Iran.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Animal]

new topics

join