It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion May Suffer From Cell Phone Cancer By 2020

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

2 Billion May Suffer From Cell Phone Cancer By 2020

www.infowars.com

NEW DELHI: The studies and survey conducted by Australian Health Research Institute indicates that due to billions of times more in volume electromagnetic radiation emitted by billions of mobile phones, internet, intranet and wireless communication data transmission will make almost one-third of world population (about two billions) patient of ear, eye and brain cancer beside other major body disorders like heart ailments, impotency, migraine, epilepsy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Eesh...That's a lot of people. That's all I see anymore too, kids with their ears glued to their cell phones. Pretty scary to think what is ahead if this is true...

According to the reports the tissues of children are tender and are likely to be more effected by use of any wireless gadget and devices and they should not be encouraged to use mobile phone.

The fatal and volumetric effects of electromagnetic radiation emitted mainly by mobile phones, mobile phone antenna, tower, mast, transmission tower, microwave oven, wireless devices, system and equipment.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Microwave radiation in cell tower populated areas is millions of times more powerful than the natural background microwave radiation. Silent tools of death and dis-ease.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sadly this type of information deserves way more coverage than it gets. I have told many friends and relatives to keep their cell phone conversations to a maximum of 20 minutes at one time. Unfortunately they keep this in mind for maybe a day and then resume their habits of speaking countless hours a day on the cell.

I also think this fits well with their global depopulation agenda, not to mention it greatly benefits big pharma...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Good! Now maybe we can start laying off the stupid anti-smoking propoganda, and concentrate on something much more deadly!

I can see the new laws now.

No cell phones for anyone under 18.
No cell phone use in a car with children. 2nd hand radiation.
No cell phone use indoors. 2nd hand radiation.
Insurance companies will ask if you use a cell phone. Yes? Your rates are going up.
Local and Federal Government, under the guise of public safety, will raise cell phone taxes to discourage use.

If this is true, what would be more dangerous, cell phone users or cigarette smokers?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This world is so messed up with pollution and diseases, murder, crime, etc that every day should be named "miracle day" in celebration to those who have survived another day on planet hell

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Good! Now maybe we can start laying off the stupid anti-smoking propoganda, and concentrate on something much more deadly!

I can see the new laws now.

No cell phones for anyone under 18.
No cell phone use in a car with children. 2nd hand radiation.

hahahaha
second hand radiation
as ridiculous as it sounds it may even happen. They should test the dangers BEFORE people actually using them.
Indeed it benefits the big pharma like someone above posted.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In india everyone has a cell phone, even homeless ppl can afford a cell phone. Everyone has airtel

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i'm sceptical, tbh, i have heard of weird effects of microwaves on the DNA of viruses, but it's most certainly not uncharted territory, because handhelds have been around for much longer than cellphones, with much higher power settings to boot. mcirowaves leak radiation, too, older and defective units probably to a larger extent, does it show? what about radar exposure? all air force personnell and civilian airport and air control employees should suffer disproportionally.

i'm sure people would have noticed walkie-talkie users dropping dead after two or three decades. it's unlikely to happen unnoticed, as long as the user gets a much higher probability than a bystander, isn't it?

there's one more aspect, like AGW, these horrific claims are depicting a time far away in the future, which means they have a lot of headroom for amendments or just shelving the entire study without anyone noticing. a while ago i used to take this more seriously and i do try to limit my cellphone use, it's also cheaper that way, after all, i'm not afraid of their radiation, though, more about tracking...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I can't find any information on this study. There are Health Research Institutes in Australia, but I get nothing named the Australian Health Research Institute on any search. I also can find no published study on this from Australia.

The graphic that the article refers to as "proof" is from a different source in Finland.

Anybody have a link to the actual study or where it is published? How about the Australian Health Research Institute?

Wow, this is odd. I just tried every search I could think of again and no luck. Everything links back to the source in India and nothing links to the referenced study.

Perhaps somebody from Australia can clue us in on where this study was conducted?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Exactly Blaine91555, there is no "Australian Health Research Institute"... Coincidently, A a long term study from The Finnish Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority ( www.stuk.fi... ) just disproved the the ill effects of mobile phone radiation...

And yeah, it all leads back to the Indian news site, not very credible, imo...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There was no "study".

There is no further "proof".

Some guy in Australia ran the numbers regarding the exponential growth of microwave band transmissions, and assumed that there are ill effects related to said microwaves..

Nowhere did he do a double blind study, no where did he effect any tests.

Just assumptions.

We all know what assuming does...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There might be good points raised regarding the validity of the tests conducted. My problem is too often people go to great measures to disprove a specific study or test, while somewhat ignoring the bigger picture. Sure, maybe this specific test does not live up to all academic standards but then again, does it mean that the whole notion of cell phones causing cancer is discredited because of this? Should we speak on these cell phones for hours on end because a study was discredited?

Besides, these days you can scientifically prove anything you want through researches and studies if you pay enough for. (E.G studies show mercury is good for the brain :@@

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Word up to Planet Hell. You're right.

Is there any way to actually get a figure on the radiation dissipated by a cell phone? I think some are worse than others. The one I have right now is really bad - I can't even talk on it long without getting a headache. Maybe that's a good thing, since I don't use it much AT ALL.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's not just your handset, it's the increase in background microwaves due to the towers to consider, and now you can add wifi in the mix. Just another reason to head to the country really, thank god those things are line of sight.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't trust the Finland study, as a producer of the technology. But this study was of interest from Australia:

Telstra Australia got their head of medical research to do a study to allay people's fears about cell sites - a toe in the water study. As the sites were too new to have produced significant statistics on cancer rates they used the municipalities around three TV towers in Sydney, and compared them with six other municipalities further away. This study showed an increase in childhood leukaemia of 61%, and increase in childhood leukaemia death of 274 fold in that inner ring. All other possible causes were investigated, but not linked. (The scientist who headed the study no longer works for Telstra.)

www.nzine.co.nz...

Also:

The U.S. Air Force ridiculed the idea that electromagnetic radiation could cause illness. The Environmental Protection Agency, the statutory body set
Photo of Neil Cherry
Neil Cherry
up to protect public health in the U.S., conducted a big review in 1989-90 and published a report recommending that power line ELFs be declared a probable carcinogen, and that microwaves and radiowaves be declared possible carcinogens. This was based on experiments on animals and epidemiology. The White House and the Air Force declared that the report should not be published on grounds of national security and that such a report would alarm the public.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I'm not buying this. Most studies suggest there is no link and there is nothing to prove a link. I don't trust this study.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say there is warrent for growing correllation trend between cell phone usage and brain cancer.

Did you know cell phones can also use the same radiation as Microwaves to pop Kernals of Popcorn? Do a YouTube search on cell phones and pop core

[edit on 22-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wouldn't really surprise me if this was true - however, thank god I do reasonably far away from any cell phone towers, and thank god I seldom hold me phone.

reply to post by jetxnet

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you read that thread you'll see its faked. Multiple members, including me, tried it - it 'worked' with only one person. And also scientifically has been proved fake.

www.cardosystems.com...

Well and truely debunked.

[edit on 23/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
A quick search will tell you that the popcorn trick is a viral marketing campaign for a bluetooth headset company.

Tricky ... but none the less a trick.

I just watched "The Hills have Eyes"

Now, that is some serious 2nd hand radiation ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join