It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW..UK UFO Helicopter footage!!! (Not Recent)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Check this fantastic video out, its absolutely clear this is no conventional aircraft..no wings, no jet intakes or props..its a solid cylinder. No UCAV should be flying around like this and if its 'ours' its using an energy/propulsion thats very exotic. With the current energy crisis this technology should be RELEASED, if its Alien then thats another story..

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 22-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

nice!...thanks for sharing

notice how our gov..tries to scare off or attack these beings?

humans can be so freakin dumb

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That is NOT the footage from over Wales.

That footage is at least 4 years old if not older.

Who ever added that video is a fraudster. the police have not yet released the footage they have IF they have any at all.

Fraud.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmm regardless, the object in this video defys reasonable explanation..I never seen it before and its truly remarkable..a solid glowing object moving at high speed with no signs of conventional propulsion..WHAT IS IT!!!

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
That is NOT the footage from over Wales.

That footage is at least 4 years old if not older.

Who ever added that video is a fraudster. the police have not yet released the footage they have IF they have any at all.

Fraud.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

No. Not regardless at all.

The object seen over wales was disk shaped with lights running around the rim.

That video is claiming to be some thing it is clearly not.

However, I do agree that the video you posted has its own merits. Its just not the Welsh police helicopter vid we all so desepratley want to see.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A candle-powered Chinese Lantern carried by a cross wind would be a pretty reasonable explanation.

This relates to the old YouTube video, not the recent event in Wales.

WG3

[edit on 22-6-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Any ideas if the video from the recent UFO vs Helicopter will ever be released? possibly on police camera action!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
A candle-powered Chinese Lantern carried by a cross wind would be a pretty reasonable explanation.

WG3

Yes - this video was long ago debunked as a chinese lantern. Look at the way it flikers... it's obviously not a UFO.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Really? Is it caught in the jet stream or something its moving along quite fast, or there must be a hurricane blowing because its way faster than a mere lantern could travel, the motion is far too linear not the gusty kinda movement one would expect to see in a windy environment.

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by waveguide3

WG3

Yes - this video was long ago debunked as a chinese lantern. Look at the way it flikers... it's obviously not a UFO.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Added: May 23, 2008

And its a lantern.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Says who? How was it proved?

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
[
And its a lantern.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Ksavoy30]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksavoy30
Says who? How was it proved?

To me at least, its obvious. There was a long thread on ATS about this vid.

My point of hunting down this vid on the tube and posting here was to show that the guy there at liveleak is making it all up, and this one has no relation with the recent sighting by the police.
On the tube also people have started posting this same vid thinking that its from Cardiff.

There is no pic and no vid (yet), if its not from horse's mouth don't trust it. The OP may like to change the heading.

If it says the vid is no longer available, click this link.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22/6/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Really? Is it caught in the jet stream or something its moving along quite fast, or there must be a hurricane blowing because its way faster than a mere lantern could travel, the motion is far too linear not the gusty kinda movement one would expect to see in a windy environment.

Well you have to remember that the Police helicopter that filmed this footage was moving too, and that the camera is heavily zoomed in. Both of these would make the background behind the lantern appear to "rush by" faster than normal, which in turn gives the appearance that the object is traveling at a high rate of knots.

If you had seen this footage broadcast on TV (I've seen it twice at least), which is much clearer than the u-tube versions, it is obvious what this is - just a lantern.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I disagree, look at the very first few seconds of the video before its zoomed in too much, just as the camera locks on, its moving quite fast and with purpose, not drifting on the wind and even relative to the choppers motion at this point in the video, its moving fast when the camera locks on you can see the difference between the tracking versus its straight ahead motion. Its not a paper lantern meandering aloft on some wind.
I dont see anything that looks like a paper toy in the wind here sorry

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Well you have to remember that the Police helicopter that filmed this footage was moving too, and that the camera is heavily zoomed in. Both of these would make the background behind the lantern appear to "rush by" faster than normal, which in turn gives the appearance that the object is traveling at a high rate of knots.

If you had seen this footage broadcast on TV (I've seen it twice at least), which is much clearer than the u-tube versions, it is obvious what this is - just a lantern.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Ksavoy30]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We already have thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I dont see anything that looks like a paper toy in the wind here sorry

Funny - cause that's EXACTLY what I see:

P.S. The "motion" in the first second can just as easily be attributed to the helicopter moving past the object, after that it's a combination of the helicopter moving past and the camera panning back to track the object.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well I dont see a Chinese Lantern in that video lol... there's no proof and there's no proof its an alien.... so I would call that a UFO.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It still is a ufo.

Unless someone can prove it's a lantern, then it's a ufo.

Unless someone can prove it's black ops, then it's a ufo.

Unless someone can prove it's an extraterrestrial craft, then it's a ufo.

Unless someone can prove to me it's swamp gas reflecting and refracting light in such a manner that distant cabbage leaves reflect light in such way that they form craft int the sky, then it's still a ufo.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Fine fair enough - then call it a UFO if it makes you happy.

The question then comes down to what constitutes proof? But around here lately it seems to be all about "what fits into my already preconceived idea of what I want this thing to be" rather than let's evaluate some possibilities.

The problem I have is with statements like this:

regardless, the object in this video defys reasonable explanation..

Oh really?

I think a chinese lantern is a perfectly reasonable explanation because:

1. It looks exactly like the one in the video posted above (tall cylinder shape, light-source at the bottom, which even appears to flicker in the video)

2. The infrared camera shows a distinct glow throughout the cylinder shape which is perfectly consistent with how the hot air contained within the lantern would look.

3. The apparent motion of the object can easily be explained by the movement of the helicopter.

4. Furthermore it is obvious the object was captured from numerous camera angles implying that despite it's "amazing" speed, the helicopter had no problem catching up for a few flyby's.

So if that's not enough "proof" for you - then so be it, more power to you.

For me, unless some other piece of contradictory evidence comes along I'm perfectly happy with that conclusion and going to go investigate something that's more worthy of trying to impose all my wildest space fantasies on.

top topics

join