It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, No MORE Lego video games! Please stop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hey all, been away for a while. Watched Indiana Jones for the 5th time.

Kinda a rant, I get tired of hearing how great star wars and Indiana jones lego games are. I still refuse to play them! i'm not 12 anymore. And I know that whoever invented Lego's didn't want kids playing with Lego's in a video game. Lego's are hands on to build imagination for children.

When they make the star wars original trilogy into a lego story, it dumbs it down. people don't look like lego's and movies should not be turned into weird lego people. it's scary to me.

Saying that, damn! please don't make anymore lego games, like Spiderman or superman lego games just because your lazy. To game programers, look I know it's easy to just draw squares into the computer but why don't you get up your but and actually make realistic based games based on indiana jones and please quit your job.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Have you ever played a lego star wars game?
They are FUN

graphics suck
story is the same

but its just good classic fun.

Modern video games, most of the time, lack this key feature to a game.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Perhaps you should try playing them before you condemn them ?
That's kinda ignorant dear jedi, I actually played the Indiana Jones one the other day for a few minutes and loved it ... and I never even seen any Indiana Jones movie.

give em a go before you trash em aye ?

edit to add - I agree with you Andrew, sometimes a game is wonderful in it's simplicity

[edit on 22-6-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I love simple games, to this day the best star wars games out there are the ones for super nintendo. In them, you actually get to play the movie. Sorry, i'm not convinced.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
how's that hot dog teleportation project going? i recently got a blu-ray player and the extra blue on my screen really does make it look better!

yes, i'm picking on you. =)

anyway they're loads of fun. maybe you should try it out before you judge it. i wasn't really interested in star wars legos, but i played it on the pc i was really surprised at how well done it was. i've only tried lego indy on my DS, but even on a low-powered hand-held it's great fun.

join