It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching Creationism Is Unfair And Here's Why

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I hate getting into this debate because it gives people the idea that it is an actually debatable topic.

People who do not agree with evolution don't for 2 reasons.

1. They do not have all the information (facts, science, etc.)
2. They do not care about the information (facts, science, etc.)

Do some research.

Evolution has nothing to do with religion and is an undeniable fact.

Has it been completely figured out? No.

Do we understand exactly how gravity works? No.

Maybe we should also teach in science class that gravity might just be God pulling us down to the ground.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No reason they couldn't teach a whole variety of perspectives on creationalism. Hate to tell you but Creationalism is scientific fact.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Um, not a one liner I swear! Really, keep reading!

Creation is not a fact nor is it science. It is a guy who had sex with a goat 2,000 years ago being repeated by men who think the Earth is flat.

Creation is to science what pedophilia is to child care. Creation is to science what leeches are to heart transplants. Creation is to science what drowning babies is to proving we can't breath underwater.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I am curious as to what other hypotheses you are referring to that could be considered scientific. The closest argument that Creationism has to offer seems to be intelligent design.

There are a half-dozen hypothesis and I'm sure we could make more. A hypothesis is an idea. Should we not have ideas in science? Seems to be counter-exploratory as I see it. Let's not kick anything off the table unless we can prove that it is not so.

Originally posted by maria_stardust
But upon closer inspection, ID can not be applied to the scientific method.

Agreed, therefore it is not a theory. My case above is stating neither is trans-species evolution.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
People who do not agree with evolution don't for 2 reasons.

1. They do not have all the information (facts, science, etc.)
2. They do not care about the information (facts, science, etc.)

Do some research.

My bachelor's degree in Biology says I know something. You're welcomed to disagree with that if you like, heck I may join you, but I can say I sat through a lot of classes, studied and took a lot of exams on the topic. And, why would I get a degree about something I don't care about and then do it for a living?

Evolution has nothing to do with religion and is an undeniable fact.

This statement is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
My bachelor's degree in Biology says I know something. You're welcomed to disagree with that if you like, heck I may join you, but I can say I sat through a lot of classes, studied and took a lot of exams on the topic. And, why would I get a degree about something I don't care about and then do it for a living?

Let me get this straight.

You are claiming that you have studied evolution, but you don't know that the scientific community considers it fact?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You are claiming that you have studied evolution, but you don't know that the scientific community considers it fact?

Most people teaching at the university I attended are advocates (but I do not consider them the whole scientific community). Post-graduation and working in science, the reactions are more mixed. Some will say, "yes of course", some say "not the case", and others aren't sure or don't see why it matters.

P.S. If you need me to validate my 'claim' that I have the degree I say I do, I'm sure there's a way to verify through the university. My employer had to do it before I'd gotten this job.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join