It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ignorant posts against Obama posted by Obama supporters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I guess you might call it a classic strategy but I certainly believe that a majority of the 'racist" or otherwise ignorant posts and attacks against Obama are actually made by Obama supporters so they can point and say "SEE!!?? we told you, they are all racists. "

(Of course, not all are from Obama supporters.. there ARE some ignorant people out there)

But I submit that many people doing the arguing and bickering between each other where the conversation drifts to ignorant and racial comments are actually being held by Obama to Obama supporters.

The strategy is brilliant, isn't it?

Think of it...

If someone makes a racist statement on a website, they can point to it and use it as a wedge.
It'll be front page news and DailyKos will have a field day (over and over)
If someone holds up a racist or seemingly racist placard in a crowd, someone has a racist bumper sticker or even a t-shirt, they will be able to point to it and say "see? The republicans are racist, we don't want that in our country anymore!"

This will be the winning strategy to win the White House in November.

I can see it now.. a guy in the back of a McCain rally wearing some derogatory racist leaning T-shirt, the image is "found" by an Obama supporter and distributed to all the networks forcing McCain to "apologize" for his supporters..

Or how about some pretend conservatives or McCain supporters invading TV as "supporters" letting potentially racist (but deniable) comments slip out?

I also seriously believe that over the next few months the race card is going to get played more and more. It is going to be whipped out anytime anyone has a complaint against any policy or idealism conflict one might have with Obama.
That is happening right NOW on ATS, legitimate concerns about taxes or ideology turn into "your a racist".. and it's working.

I believe this is going to be the election where everyone is afraid to speak their mind. The main stream news will not say anything negative about Obama (on his past, present or future)

They will be afraid, very afraid....

I think this election is already more of a fraud than the 2000 election.

Heck just think if Obama doesn't win,.. not only will the republicans have stolen the election again, but this time it's racist theft!

What say you?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

very interesting theory

to expand upon that

you could say that obama supporters come and post "claims" against obama that are easily debunked, to make the anti-obama crowd seem less credible

though - i would have to also point out
this bickering back and forth has happened since the second presidetnial election.

they didnt have internet back then

its just politics man

there are complete morons on mccains side
just like
there are complete morons on obama's side

if there werent "complete morons" in the world, then we smarter people would have no one to make us feel better about ourselves

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Ah Ha... Could be, but I will never tell!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by gormly

very interesting theory

I myself and a few other posters have said the same thing in the past about certain new members and their political intentions. Especially with Obama.

HOWEVER I think that those posting as Obama supporters are MCCAIN fans. It is an attempt to make Obama supporters look foolish with poor grammar and cheap insults. All the threads in the politics forum are mostly slams against Obama. Then a Supporter pops up making things even worse and the OP says it's the reason they wont vote for him.

It's not a theory its a fact. It does happen and is a political tactic.

Free Republic members were notorious for those sort of ruses on various site.

Also there are sites set up (I won't give them the dignity of naming them) that do that sort of thing for fun. For example there is one site that has its members go from forum to forum cause chaos and reporting back on the progress.

One guy would come in as the villain one would come in as the hero. That or one would come in and state something absurd and offensive and a ton of new "lurkers" would sign up and say "I agree with him."

I had no idea this was happening in one case until one member of a forum I was a part of sent me a U2U with simply a link. When I followed it I saw a play by play of these guys laughing at the tricks they were pulling off.

I have to say I was surprised.

They caused so much chaos that the forum changed its rules and policies thinking that it was the REAL members that were getting out of hand. I am positive some of the "obama fans" are the furthest thing from it.

- Lee

Edit: Clarification

[edit on 24-6-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I beleive that globalists are trying to attack the heart and mind of Americans by destroying there fervant patriotism. Anti-Obama propaganda is coming from the pentagon in order to dishearten Americans to the point where they will join the international community. Strong identity and nations are not compatable with a One World Centralized Government. This is all scripted.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Are ignorant posts against Obama posted by Obama supporters?

Politics is a very unhealthy, unholy arena where partisan gladiators do battle. Falling on one's own sword for the greater glory of an incumbent, candidate or party is not unusual.

At any single moment and in any political cesspool fur-ball, you may well find some gladiatorial kamikazes who are masquerading as the enemy just to create a false image.

Why anyone would wade into this septic tank to begin with, is beyond me.

Now... you'll excuse me whilst I clean my monitor screen and get a shower.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

So are you saying that the most outspoken Obama critics like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are in on this globalist agenda? Do they work for the Pentagon?

I don't think so.

I know this was an old thread, but had to reply anyway.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i have suspected the same thing for quite a while. i also believe the democratic party has a tradition of slashing their own get out the vote bus tires,defacing their own headquarters, etc. on election days when they know they're gonna get their you know what handed to them. the democrats never lost an argument or an election that wasn't stolen from them

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I dont know what those radio people have been saying lately but there is a difference between criticisms that matter like surrounding himself with people who have gone on record calling for wealth redistribution, government take over of industry, claim mass murderers and fascists as their ideological inspiration, reparations, etc.. and criticisms that are absurd like Obama's a Muslim or he was born in Kenya.

Then there are the idiotic two-wrongs arguments like "you dont like Obama expanding government and spending us into oblivion but where were you when Bush was doing it?" type of arguments. To make such an argument would mean you are okay with Obama's behavior so you must have been okay with Bush doing it to, right? So claiming one must not oppose Obama because the assumption being made is that the individual supported Bush for doing the same thing you are in effect announcing your support for Bush. Makes no sense. That sort of crap should have stopped ages ago. Sure, some morons honestly did enjoy the Bush raping and are suddenly appalled at the Obama raping but most are simply opposed to rape.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Got all that from my last post did you? You must have read some of my others because that is what I'm saying, but you have it backward. Those that now claim to be anti-government or they support Tea Party Protests are only trying to re-invent the republican party without the Bush association. Nothing you can say will change my mind about that.

As for this particular thread, this theory of Democrats victimizing themselves is also just as false and it is the Republicans who are doing the attacking. You and I both know this is true, so live up to it and accept that your party does this. In fact both parties do it, some just try to blame everything on the other.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
SH!!!! You are letting the secret out! We cant have people know anything, they must blindly follow the signs.
There certainly is some of that going on, and you know what, anyone with half a brain could see right through it. The problem is, most of the people in this world(not country, because retardation is a global problem, not just a local one) do not see it, and rely on someone else to let themknow whats goingon in this world, and that person they recieve information from is usually far leaning one side or the other. People have a problem thinking for themselves, and that is why this world is in the condition it is today.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000 You and I both know this is true, so live up to it and accept that your party does this.

Which is my party?

Your party might be pulling this crap. Some other party might e pulling similar crap in a different direction. Which is why I dont have a party. Which is why I havent felt represented in 30+ years. Not once in my life have I had confidence in the POTUS or not felt like I was being bent over and violated by Washington. Or the folks in my state capital for that matter.

Parties are for children who like to play games. I dont like games. Especially when the games are dictating life, death, legality, justifying theft and extortion, naming and labeling enemies and amassing armies of the functionally retarded to vote in a manner that oppresses the minority. The minority which is me.

Tell me I'm only pissed because he's in some party or because he's black. I'll show you decades of violence and crimes inflicted upon the American people that I'm pissed about. Pissed since my first civics class. Pissed since I saw the scheme for what it was and the system has not proven itself otherwise to me.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
it is possible, in some cases, i believe.

The more juvenile, stupid, and over all witless a claim becomes about Barack Obama, the more i have to question the sanity of the person who invented the claim.

I would no doubt assume that some claims have been invented by supports of Obama in an order to make obama detractors look silly and dim witted.

But even if that is the case...shouldn't Obama detractors be intelligent enough to spot a stupid story when they see it, and not support it simply because it's Anti-Obama?

It doesn't matter who's making these things up - the fact of the matter is, there are a sweltering...overwhelming number of brain-dead folk in this country that will believe anything they're told about the man, as long as it makes Obama look bad.

That, IMO, is the real problem here.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If you don't consider yourself affiliated with the republican party then why did my comments upset you so much?

I don't understand why you are taking thirty years of dissatisfaction out on me.

new topics

top topics

join