It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there RED CROSS emergency trailers EVERYWHERE!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I was on my way to get some dinner this weekend,( an hour ago) and noticed 5 different trailers on main street corners. I was able to get one photo, as there were no police on the side of the parking lot I was in.

Any Ideas on what this might be for? Been here 3 years, never seen them before, BTW...

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 22-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Do I need to point out that this is in Goleta, 5 min north of Santa Barbara, 30 minutes south of Vandenberg?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
See if you can strike up an innocent conversation with whoever is manning them tomorrow morning?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WuTang

I like how nuts you sound. And yet strangely calm...

I felt like a freaking idiot, sneaking around while the Mc D's got cold in the car.

James Bond I am not. (The Marine Corp owes me new knees)

But I don't think the locals would be told the truth anyway.

Are they in your area? Is anyone from Cali here?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
could be a staging area for a 'mock' disaster whether it's natural or not.. is my first impression

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have seen a couple of them in the last week, but I'm thinking it has something to do with the floods going on where I live.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
didn't they distribute these nationally to local districts because of an overabundance or need to get rid of them,,,,i remember this being mentioned here somewhere quite a while ago,,,,i am almost definite it was here and fema was liquidating tons of crap to local dept.'s for one reason or another

i think people were transporting horses or using it for some dumb thing other than intended and people were outraged

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I agree, except that these are all clearly marked with my cities name and the purpose of the contents.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Well you should feel secure. Cause if you are in this area it’s not going to get hit or hurt. However, nearby could be in trouble. They won't hit their own supplies.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Well you should feel secure. Cause if you are in this area it’s not going to get hit or hurt. However, nearby could be in trouble. They won't hit their own supplies.

Thats probably true. I may go camp next to one now.

But is there anyone here in cali that can tell me if they have these everywhere?

(and did you sign my profile page Shar?)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi there JJNelson!

I would bet my dollars to donuts that it's a blood drive, those trailers look pretty similar to the ones they use for that. And, 30 min from Goleta to Vandenberg?? No way. I lived in Lompoc for 10 yrs and SB is sure more than a half hour drive, but I drive the speed limit so you could be right

Anyhow, yeah I think its just a blood drive, no fema camps in SB, otherwise I would join NWO for that prime vacation spot!!! Have a good one, and dont freak man.

Peace,

S.J.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

Oh I'm not. But read the side. This is not a blood drive trailer.

Plus there is solstice this weekend downtown....

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here is all I can find on Santa Barbra’s Red Cross website in relation to trailers:

$1,800 Disaster Trailer Supplies Ten folding tables and 40 folding chairs to be divided among the Disaster Trailers placed throughout the County and used by Red Cross Volunteers to provide services near disaster sites.

Looks like they have scattered these around the county in case of disaster. Since they are concerned about a bad wildfire season maybe they are staging them in advance.

SB Red Cross Search on Trailers
SB Red Cross Home Page
Article on fire season

Why not just call and ask them why they are there?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Good point. I just worry about calling the "Autoritaas" .

It just seemed odd due to the amount in one area. Plus we had HUGE fires last year, kind of clearing any for this year. Or maybe I'm just reaching...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The Red Cross is a private organization, they are not connected with the authorities in any way that I am aware of. I would not give it a second thought to call and ask them about it. Do it from a payphone if your really worried about asking.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

It's funny. My only interaction with the red cross was when they misreported the death of my Granddad, while I was stationed in Okinawa. The base commander had to call and apologize to my Dad.

new topics

top topics

join