It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ideas what this was?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hello all I finally decided to register after following this site for some time now. I would also like to say this is a great site more well informed people than disrespectful which is pretty nice to come by. I have had my share or things happen to me throughout my life as did my best friend, he is actually the one I think the aliens are drawn to if anything. Some of the amazing things ive seen happened with him there and he has many more things that has happened to him, luckily for him he almost always happens to have someone there with him to witness things.
Ok anyways a little while back I had what science would call a sleep paralysis event althoughy like many others many of my symptoms don't match what science defines. This event really got me questioning and studying more than I had been. The more I read the stories here the more one event sticks out in my mind. It sticks out to me because it is one event that seems so different for me and I have yet to find an explination anywhere.
So here is the event. It is about 10:30ish pm I am at my house I was staying at during that time with my friend who I spoke of earlier. I lived out in the woods and there was definatly nothing around I did have one neighbor, A rather quite bunch that was a ways off to from the front of my house. The two of us were sitting in my garage at the time just catching up talking. We were probably about four feet from each other sitting looking at each other talking when a noise started up. At first we didn't relly acknowledge the noise as we were pretty involved in what ever it was we were talking about. Now the noise only lasted about 20 seconds I'd say about 7 seconds in we stopped talking and just started at each other in shock. The noise which started out very quiet grew steadily louder in that time frame. By the end of the 20 second period the sound was so loud the walls were shaking and it was so loud you would think you were standing right under a jet engine that was firing up.
Now the sound itself was odd. Honestly to me it sounded a lot like one of those classic ufos from the old movies it's hard to explain but it did sound very jet engine like but it had a whirling sound to it not like a solid thrust would sound like. The whirling sort of turned into a pulse as the sound got deafening. And then after the 20 or so seconds when it was at its loudest just like that there was complete silence. Now from where we were sitting in my garage we could tell very clearly where the sound came from it was coming from directly behind the wall that seperted us from my backyard. Now my backyard was fairly small hard to say how big but there wasnt a lot of room at all in the clearing that was the backyard the rest was dense wooded area with fairly tall trees, and it's out in the deep woods with no one around simply because of the location.
After the sound stopped my friend and I sat there for a minute freaked not wanting to go outside and look because all we could think of was that had to be a ufo or something because we knew there was simply nothing around that could have made that noise. My roomates who were inside the house came out after about a minute and we heard them and went out to talk to them. They were freaked as well and said the same thing apparently inside the house all the walls were shaking they sort of thought it was an earthquake. I have never been able to come up with an explination for this one. I am a very sane mind and try debunking, if you will anything that happenes to me because if there is even a chance it could be normal then its not something I want to count as an experience. The noise, when it was still quiter, was definitly coming from right on the other side of the wall it wasn't something from a distance getting closer that was obvius to us. Well there it is I would love to hear any opinions on this one. The fact that it was a loud noise it what is so odd, arent ufos quiet

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't know what it could be but thats a odd story bro.You live near any big power lines for grids?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No the power lines at this house were down in the front of the house at the road, complete opposite direction. And it was just a single pole nothing special no grids anywhere near. Nothing electrical at all in the backyard other than a standard outdoor wall light on one wall. And if it was something to do with the electric lines I would assume the lights would have dimmed or something along those line. The sound from where I was sitting sounded like it was only about ten feet away tops. The wall the seperated us was just a simple single ply of ply wood no insultation or anything to damped or destort the sound. It honestly sounded like an old movie ufo was taking off from my backyard.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by 1Veritas]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I was talking about this event with my friend who was there with me the other day and he said he had come across a similar story about a sound that was descibed very familar from a family on a farm he couldnt remember the whole story though anyone know this one? Or anyone heard a similar sound for that matter?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I was talking about this event with my friend who was there with me the other day and he said he had come across a similar story about a sound that was descibed very familar from a family on a farm he couldnt remember the whole story though anyone know this one? Or anyone heard a similar sound for that matter?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Veritas

do you feel it may have come from deep within the earth what i mean by that a tremor or a shift within the earths core

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Veritas

do you feel it may have come from deep within the earth what i mean by that a tremor or a shift within the earths core

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No I really do not feel it came from the earth. I would think it would have been duller and more muffled for one if so. Also From where I was sitting it seemed to be about 10 feet away just behind the back wall of the garage. And as loud as it was I would swear the sound seemed as if it was rising but only about ten or so feet up before the sound dissapeared. I have been talking about this one and one other event I had with my friend who was with me both times and a couple ofther people and we still have no plausable idea on what this could have been. We both have searched the net numorous times over the years and can find no similar stories or possible causes.

top topics

join