It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China cop promoted for breastfeeding quake babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

China cop promoted for breastfeeding quake babies

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese policewoman who breastfed babies orphaned during last month's earthquake has been given a better job, prompting online protests that promotions should be awarded on merit, not merely for good deeds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So should I be shocked and outraged over the promotion of this officer? (sarcasm)

Or should I be shocked and outraged that our own police treat us so horribly?

(Not that I want this treatment at the hands of Officer McBeefy..)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think it is a good thing, a cop should be promoted for good deeds, why not?

Right?

It will help promote good cops, not just any old cop who has qualifications or whatever.

I'm not sure. I don't see much of a problem.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It was more of a query on my part. I didn't start the online Chinese protests.

I just think our police should take a lesson. Not that I don't love LEO's.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't see any reason to be shocked or outraged. People get promoted all the time for all kinds of reasons. I don't understand what the flap is all about...it was an admirable thing to do, and she got rewarded for her efforts.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

On your side mate. Chinese were protesting this one while I was watching the t.v.

(And I ned you on the other thread, lol. I suck at sticking up for you.)

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Sorry, I've sworn off of that particular topic for awhile....it's like jumpin' into a hurricane and I dont care much for either of them.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So it's alright for a Chinese cop to get promoted for getting her %*%s out for the boys.

But if it happens in America you'd scream for a lawyer because
A; you didnt get a suck
B; you think it's sexually perversion
c; it was racist because she only helped Chinese babies.

Look at the thread about cops checking on strange house with the doors open at 3 am. They do a good deed and some of you want them shot.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

er yeaah it's slightly different on the other thread though isn't it. the cops breached someone's privacy when there was absolutely no need to, and the issue there is that police are overstepping the line with their powers and how much they can intrude into people's lives, and eventually it's going to go too far. why would that sort of action deserve promotion?

this case is about a woman saving children's lives, a REAL good deed that does deserve promotion.

for the record, if there was an earthquake in America and a cop breastfed kids to save their lives, she would be seen as a hero and a movie would probably be made about the whole thing...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Considering AIDS is spread via breastmilk, I personally would want to see any infants found in this country to be bottlefed by anyone except their mothers. Since it doesn't cite any inabillity to obtain formula for these babies anywhere in the article, I must assume that this isn't an example of necessity being the mother of invention. IOW, if these infants would have starved to death otherwise, then she gets a huge thumbs up and deserves recognition, including being promoted. However if there were cases of Similac or Enfamil sitting on a Red Cross supply truck 10 feet from the relief operation, then I think this was more of a "Look at me!" stunt, quite possibly pushed by their government in some wierd Eastern view of breastfeeding as the ultimate mothering/nurturing face to show off to the world.

new topics

top topics

join