It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Alchemy Quiz

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It was an interesting test. I scored as "You are emerging from the dark night of the Soul and entering into the brilliant light of pure Spirit."

I really think I could have done better but I think my choice of "pie" as the answer to great riddle sort of lowered my overall score. Maybe I should have waited until after dinner to take the test.

Thanks for directing us there... it was tres cool

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Dang... so "pie" WASN'T the right answer?
Well, I should have known something was afoot when it said "not enough points to calculate a score"...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
for me, i had gotten a 29 as the total score and my answer to the riddle was "soul", i don't know why i chose it, it just felt right for me

fun quiz by the way

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I Picked energy because matter has energy trapped inside of it.
I was also a 48

Heres a personality test
www.humanmetrics.com...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Thanks, Utopian Penguin!
Anything that contributes to "know thyself" is bound to e useful.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

gosh I am a infj type person, down to a t apparently.....

m x

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I got 41, which apparently makes me a spiritual warrior.

I answered light, because without the light of the sun there would be nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by morganathefey

gosh I am a infj type person, down to a t apparently.....

m x

After I typed that I went searching for the test and I came up as INFP this time
the J part was like 5 when I did the test yrs ago The P part was 17 so I guess I shifted over the years

now back to the other test
the other reasons i pick energy was that children play with Energy and rich people waste energy I guess it would be interesting if people generally got similar results from both tests.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Hmm, well the whole children play with it in the streets would mean that children play with soul in the streets. That would fit because Children are usually very emotional when it comes to winning a game. It matters a lot to them.

Also, the whole poor people have more of this than the rich thing gave it away, and that 's the reason why I even chose soul in the first place. The poor will have more soul in their actions, and in what they do, because smaller things will matter more to them, and the company of friends and family means more to people who don't have a lot of money. On the other hand, rich people are kept company by their money, and if there is an obstacle in their life, they just throw money at it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Vanitas, what a fun thread!

I took the quiz, but I was a little biased when doing so.

I read this wonderful book last year that answers some of the questions about "Personal Alchemy." anyway!

To those that might be very interested in the subject, this book is a very interesting read on your road to discovery.

Sorry if you all think this is an add, but I really enjoyed the book! I highly recommend it for those on a journey of self discovery.

en.wikipedia.org...(book)

The Alchemist (Portuguese: O Alquimista) is a bestseller that was first published in Brazil in 1988 and is the most famous work of author Paulo Coelho. It is a symbolic story that urges its readers to follow their dreams.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I didn't like the test, because the answer to the riddle isn't even on the test.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

What do you mean?
That it doesn't say which answer is the "correct" one (although there are some pointers to be deduced from the points awarded for each answer, I suppose)?
Well, that's why it's called a "riddle"...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I am glad you liked it.

I am most certainly familiar with "The Alchemist" - it's not famous without a reason.

And while it's not exactly about "self-discovery", you might like Peter Marshall's The Philosophers' Stone.

If you're interested in the subject and want a fat, fairly entertaining read about the history of alchemy (simplified) and the author's personal "quest" to find its secret (yes, he comes across as THAT naive
) it might be a good pick for "summer reading".

I often get angry with the author... but after seven years, I am still glad I bought this book.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TechnoFan21

Yes, I can certainly see your point.
But I always have a HUGE problem with demagogy - I am not referring to you but to the person, whoever it was, who put this part of the quiz together in such a fashion that it COULD be interpreted like that. (Specifically, I am referring to the rich/poor - and in my opinion, vastly false - dichotomy.)

But, in all fairness (to the riddle itself), let's not forget that the original riddle is longer, even more obscure - and there is no choice of answers whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I mean that the test gives you these answers to choose from:

Energy Matter Light God Soul Love Hate

...and none of those is the right answer.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well, in the other test it turned out I was a "Field Marshall", if that's of any help...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hello
it said i was becoming a spiritual warrior as well...
score = 40
which is cool with me and is the way that I see myself as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I agree.

There is also a physical component not covered here.

And while most of the answers offered do play a vital part in the inner, non-physical process involved in alchemy, none of them is totally self-contained, complete.

I'll try and find the original version of the riddle and post it here...
That should be fun.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Ah - now you must challenge your own vision of yourself, before it starts challenging you.

(I am serious, BTW.)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

But, in all fairness (to the riddle itself), let's not forget that the original riddle is longer, even more obscure - and there is no choice of answers whatsoever.

Yes, I love this answer my friend. It's a journey for everyone to figure out on their own.

The answer has nothing to do with the transmutation of metal, or the magic of a formula to gold, the finding of a fortune.

The answer is in the soul.

I am not sure if I have found it yet, I must not have if I still search for answers.

The days I wonder if I am souless, I find I am closer to the source.

Again, thanks for your thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join