It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ElBaradei says he'll quit IAEA if Iran is attacked.»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

ElBaradei says he'll quit IAEA if Iran is attacked.»

thinkprogress.org

ElBaradei said:

“I don’t believe that what I see in Iran today is a current, grave and urgent danger. If a military strike is carried out against Iran at this time...“A military strike, in my opinion, would be worse than anything possible. It would turn the region into a fireball,” he said, emphasizing that any attack would only make the Islamic Republic more determined to".
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Seem familiar? To me it is nauseatingly reminiscent of the weapons inspectors that had to flee Iraq right before we invaded.

Iran very well could only be seeking to produce energy, or they could be seeking weapons capabilities. Rushing to PREEMPTIVE war has been proven to not work well for the USA so maybe we should listen to the professionals this time and put our guns down until we KNOW we need to use them.

The way the Director of the IAEA makes it sound exactly what Iran is doing is unclear. At most importantly does not pose a 'grave and eminent threat'. Attacking would only lead to instability and violence, and prove to be a strong motivation for Iran to ensure it develops nuclear weapons with which to defend itself.

"If you do a military strike, it will mean that Iran, if it is not already making nuclear weapons, will launch a crash course to build nuclear weapons with the blessing of all Iranians, even those in the West."

IT is exactly the same. The US is now poised, this time with its 'hawk' Israel perched on it's shoulder, to attack another nation in the middle east that poses not threat to us and who in the attacking is highly likely to mobilize against us.

These policies are absolutly insane and they need to be stopped.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hey:

Ongoing discussion here:

Thread

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I will cut and paste my comments to your thread

top topics

join