It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone think McCain has a chance?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

One word: Diebold.

Of coarse he has a chance.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Obama seems like a much better human being than McCain, so Americans will probably prefer McCain. They have picked bad leaders for decades, why stop now...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it ultimately will turn into a race issue and Mc Cain will win,the Repubs did a good job of digging up dirt and when push comes to shove majority will go with the old white dude

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Diebold indeed. A retarded monkey with no left foot could win the election, so long as the programmers wish it.

Does he have a chance? Silly question.

My question is - do we, the voters, have a chance? It's a rhetorical question, the answer is, of course, NO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think McCain will win.

Why?

Because he will win most of the states (maybe not the popular vote) and its less risky at this time with WW111 looming.

Most will not want to take a chance on Obama with the world in its present state.

Obama might want to talk to much while McCain will talk little and strike faster at the evil doers.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Diebold indeed.

True that.

I've noticed that with many conspiracy theories, when you discuss them with people with a high level of expertise in a particular field, say high-energy physics or aeronautics, certain aspects are seen as obviously dismissable. Non-credible to anyone moderately schooled in the subject field. (Not to say not true, of course, just not mainstream acceptable by 'experts').

Scarily, this does not seem to be the case with computerized voting. The more 'expert' the person you talk to, the more it seems likely that they will outright laugh at the concept of creating 'secure' voting machines with the methodologies currently being attempted. In fact, even scarier, they seem more blasé about the idea of considering all electronic devices as practically insecure.

Personally, I feel that if electronic means are used to manipulate election results, on a broad scale, it will not be the benefit of a particular party. It seems more likely to me that manipulation would be used to add 'credibility' to the entire process of two-party elections. Creating a 'close race'. Not only would that bolster the illusion of Rep-vs-Dem 'competition', but analyzing the specifics of such motivation would be quite difficult, from within the assumed context of a 'two party fight'. Eg, why would that election official rig the voting machines? A Democrat won, and they're a Republican! The concept of mutualistic deception is considered an 'out there' conspiracy theory. Everything must be seen within a limited sphere of competition.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think it would be bad if Obama were to make it to the Presidency. I can foresee some crazy white redneck or KKK member shooting him and causing a black and white civil war in this country.
That's one of the reasons I think that the courts found O.J. Simpson innocent, because if they found him guilty, there would have been rioting in the streets, and many more deaths.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I tend to find it most interesting that McCain seems to be growing more popular since his plucky pick of Palin, as opposed to Obama's pick of Biden.

I fear that Obama will greatly regret not bothering to vet Hillary for VP, while even BIden seems to be aware that Hillary would have made the better pick.

By the way...where is Hillary?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I'm not even American and I'm honestly quite concerned that McCain could actually win. The US president has the ability to change the course of everyone's life on this plant and I don't see him directing us in anything sort of positive direction. If he does, I predict more fronts will open up in the fight for terror; Iran, Pakistan, lets hope not Russia.

It could very well come down to race, which would be unfortunate, for all of us.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Get to know the real Obama? Has anyone actually gotten to know the real McCain? The McCain who supports radical racists perhaps? The McCain who voted down MLK holiday perhaps? The McCain who allowed Bush to vote down Civil rights legislation perhaps? The McCain who continually lies to your FACE about Palin's record perhaps? The McCain who has supported Bush on more stupid things then I can even list here perhaps?

have you guys forgotten about Bush? Ya, you have. Of course he was voted into office twice by someone.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes he has a chance but I think it gets smaller every day... if only because of the economy. It looks real bad for the Republicans this year.

Excuse me while I wipe away my crocidile tears.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
I'm not even American and I'm honestly quite concerned that McCain could actually win. The US president has the ability to change the course of everyone's life on this plant and I don't see him directing us in anything sort of positive direction. If he does, I predict more fronts will open up in the fight for terror; Iran, Pakistan, lets hope not Russia.

It could very well come down to race, which would be unfortunate, for all of us.

unfortunatly it has always been about race my friend. I tell you a fact when I say this country is very racist. It's unfortunate that the christian fantatics and racial uneducated whites will again put an idiot into office.

Bush was a prime example how our democratic system is flawed and broken. It can be manipulated from within by a push of a button or propoganda aimed at the ignorant at the right time to fuel their hatred and fears.

It's a shame really. The educated republicans have to reassure themselves that they are doing the right thing over and over again by bashing gays, abortion rights and other foolishness. They know for instance that Palin is ploy but they use their tact and manuvering to get stupid people to agree with them.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
hello everyone one

I live in New Jersey with my aging dad, and my neighbours and I started getting weird calls today about Obama.

Our neighbor across the street was talking about it after I cut the grass this mroning, and mentioned two others down the street were talking about it too so I dcided to keep a notepad and pen by the phone just in case they called me. I'm not jewsih, but everyone else getting calls has jewish names and ours sounds like it would be jewish.

thirty minutes ago, I got the call

The identified themselves as something that sounded like Unified News Polling Group, and said they were doing polls for all the major news networks. They started asking if I was going to vote and how long I lived here. They asked a couple questions about how I thought about Obama and McCain, basic stuff. I said I was still undecided. Then they asked if I attend church regularly, and I said I observe sabbath. From my quick notes and memory, these are then the questions I was asked about Obama, all where about Obama, no more about McCain.

Would it change your mind about Obama to learn he is calling for a summit of Muslim nations when he is elected president and is excluding Israel?

Would it change your mind about Obama if you learned he had a long relationship with a Palestinian activist group in Chicago?

Would it change your mind if you knew that Obama was on the board of a charity that funneled money to Palestinian terrorists?

Would it change your mind about Obama if you knew that leader of Hamas, a terrorist group, has endorsed senator Obama's campaign?

Would it change your mind if you knew that Obama's church is anti-american and supports muslim terrorists?

Would it matter to you if Barack Hussein Obama (they did say it that way) was our first muslim president?

They thanked my for my participation, and said my answers would be part of the latest poll data given to the news networks, and that I might be called again in 30 days.

Is this really the McCain campaign doing this or someone else?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
www.barackobama.com... - Senator Obama's Economic Plan

www.johnmccain.com... - Senator McCain's Economic Plan.

www.ronpaul.com... - Congressman Ron Paul's Economic Plan.

To pull excerpts from either would be to put my own spin on it, as I could easily select factual quotes from either that, properly arranged, would infer something different from what the candidates actually say. This is a tactic employed by MSM, by individuals, by the candidates and their supporters. I won't resort to it, but the temptation is great.

Read. Decide who, if any, you believe. Then, tackle the other issues yourself, apart from the novelty of feeling part of a concensus. This is my suggestion for everyone who enjoys the priviledge of casting a vote in the Presidential election of the United States of America.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The joke might be on the American people if Obama gets elected. I am truly afraid of what America will turn into and our safety.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I keep hearing these Dem's saying Diebold,I'm in So Calif all our ballots are done by hand,I think the liberals better find another dumb excuse,yes I think Mc Cain can win,seems Obama acts like he has job in the bag,plus some of the statements he has made,I heard the unions who supported him are taking a different stance since his Bankrupt the coal industry

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Me too.

Boo-ya.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join