It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save The Planet! Cut Carbon Dioxide From Soda!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The governments of the world want to save the planet and reduce carbon emissions huh??

This site is aimed at kids, but the point is a very serious one: www.science-house.org...

Out of that one little bottle of pop, he'd managed to released 2.2 grams of CO2!!!

My car emits 165 g/km of CO2, and is considered to be quite a lot by government standards. I'd need to refrain from opening just 75 bottles of small pop to counter 1 km of travel in my car.

That's just me...

How many bottles of pop do you think are consumed, world-wide, PER DAY? What about other uses of CO2? If we stopped all non-essential use of CO2 in this way, wouldn't that make more sense than trying to get me to buy a new car that obviously costs the environment a lot more than just a bit of CO2?

Whilst we're focusing on the money making of CO2 reduction and carbon trading schemes, let's not forget the far more serious environmental damage caused by dumping of toxic chemicals into water systems by manufacturing plants for example.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Get them young before they realise what a load of BS this whole carbon crusade is. Meanwhile keep deflorestating the planet with the elite owned corporations and keep polluting the water supply. Keep all the good technology lost in a socioeconomic and legal quagmire. Seperate people from their food, empoverish them, control control control.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry, but I just don't buy the man-made global warming scam.
How can a person believe bad science especially when they start saying that the cause is CO2. I mean once scientists start saying that what I and all humans exhale is a pollutant, something has gone seriously awry.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Sorry, but I just don't buy the man-made global warming scam.
How can a person believe bad science especially when they start saying that the cause is CO2. I mean once scientists start saying that what I and all humans exhale is a pollutant, something has gone seriously awry.

Completely.

There is a free and easy way to help with the CO2 problem: plant trees!

Biology 101: Trees suck up CO2 and produce Oxygen. Class dismissed.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
how much Co2 do we exhale each day hmmmmmmmm?

what about an athlete? how much do they? more since they're bodies are, on average working harder?

hmmmmm?

are athletes next on the list after soda bottles?

no more bread and circus football !!

-

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
C02 by soda... well then you must believe in the methane released by cow manure ... what about PCB's Aerosols? yer gonna blame soda. What about the VAST countries that dont drink carbonated soft drinks??? Opps must be Americas fault!!!

And what about the fact there has been no Sun spots for a long time:

www.sciencedaily.com...

"That's good news for people who scramble when space weather interferes with their technology, but it became a point of discussion for the scientists who attended an international solar conference at Montana State University. Approximately 100 scientists from Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and North America gathered June 1-6 to talk about "Solar Variability, Earth's Climate and the Space Environment."

The scientists said periods of inactivity are normal for the sun, but this period has gone on longer than usual.

"It continues to be dead," said Saku Tsuneta with the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan, program manager for the Hinode solar mission. "That's a small concern, a very small concern."

The Hinode satellite is a Japanese mission with the United States and United Kingdom as partners. The satellite carries three telescopes that together show how changes on the sun's surface spread through the solar atmosphere. MSU researchers are among those operating the X-ray telescope. The satellite orbits 431 miles above ground, crossing both poles and making one lap every 95 minutes, giving Hinode an uninterrupted view of the sun for several months out of the year.

Dana Longcope, a solar physicist at MSU, said the sun usually operates on an 11-year cycle with maximum activity occurring in the middle of the cycle. Minimum activity generally occurs as the cycles change. Solar activity refers to phenomena like sunspots, solar flares and solar eruptions. Together, they create the weather than can disrupt satellites in space and technology on earth.

The last cycle reached its peak in 2001 and is believed to be just ending now, Longcope said. The next cycle is just beginning and is expected to reach its peak sometime around 2012. Today's sun, however, is as inactive as it was two years ago, and scientists aren't sure why.

"It's a dead face," Tsuneta said of the sun's appearance.

Tsuneta said solar physicists aren't like weather forecasters; They can't predict the future. They do have the ability to observe, however, and they have observed a longer-than-normal period of solar inactivity. In the past, they observed that the sun once went 50 years without producing sunspots. That period, from approximately 1650 to 1700, occurred during the middle of a little ice age on Earth that lasted from as early as the mid-15th century to as late as the mid-19th century."

AND I QUOTE : "In the past, they observed that the sun once went 50 years without producing sunspots. That period, from approximately 1650 to 1700, occurred during the middle of a little ice age on Earth that lasted from as early as the mid-15th century to as late as the mid-19th century."

And we are facing Global warming ...??????

And all plant life on earth CONSUMES C02... thats how they live!!!
FLAME ON!!

think about it

the truth is out there... look it up

[edit on 21-6-2008 by dj_molecular]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Dudes, time to start denying ignorance.

CO2 in soda probably originated in the atmosphere to begin with.

It is using FOSSIL carbon which has never seen the biosphere for 10 to 500 million years which is the problem.

Planting trees only works temporarily, because they die and then they are eaten by bacteria which then emit the carbon back into the atmosphere.

When the plant predecessor of coal grew on Earth, bacteria hadn't evolved to do this so well, so the organic material could accumulate and eventually get squeezed geologically and turn into coal.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Great post and you bring up a very good point. There is plenty of CO2 generated by lots of living things, and it is perfectly harmless.

Far more concerning are the other pollutants released by burning fossil fuels, such as hydrocarbons, which are much more harmful to the ozone than a little carbon dioxide.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The fossil CO2 is unfortunately enough to change our climate significantly---and this could be a really huge problem.

But it is only fossil CO2 that matters, stuff that hasn't been in the biosphere for over a million years.

CO2 that was once in the atmosphere, gets in other systems and then is emitted---that has a net zero contribution to climate change over the long run.

In a few hundred years the forests can store a reasonable amount of carbon in trees, but in the end that's all going back to the atmosphere too.

The effect of CO2 on climate does not come from disruption of ozone as you rightly say. Ozone is different atmospheric climate problem, but one which looks like is getting better thanks to phase out of CFC's.

CFC's are also very potent greenhouse gases too.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by mbkennel]

[edit on 22-6-2008 by mbkennel]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
how much Co2 do we exhale each day hmmmmmmmm?
what about an athlete? how much do they? more since they're bodies are, on average working harder?

Of course! There's nothing that a government likes better than a population of fat & dumb people to lord it over!

And to increase the death rate from fires...Ban CO2 Fire Extinguishers while they're at it!

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
There is a free and easy way to help with the CO2 problem: plant trees!
Biology 101: Trees suck up CO2 and produce Oxygen. Class dismissed.

And tell those $#|+head oil companies & other corporations to stop using the oceans as their toilet. About 2/3 of the free oxygen in the atmosphere still comes from marine-based plant life...Like plankton!

...And Bush refused to sign the Kyoto Treaty just because China didn't sign it...Even though the UN Nations that did sign it could've used that as an excuse to put sanctions on China for over-polluting...That's "politics" for ya'!

[edit on 22-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
soda pop is so dang BAD for us in so MANY ways I am not surprised at all it is adding to the co2 output.......but I didn't know it until your post here.

STAR for you blah blah blah.

3 years ago I got on a kick of totally quitting soda out of me and my son's lives........we drank soda every day and chose it above all beverage's.

We talked about it for an entire year...yet drinking drinking soda yet saying "ya I KNOW how bad it is"...............the next year we never bought soda in the store, but we still got BIG GULPS at the 7-11, or we ordered it at restaurants.

The second year we stopped getting BIG GULPS.........

This last year we only order it at restaurants, but not so much as juices or ice teas......we are doing really good at avoiding it altogether.

I now say I am soda free.......
...but I am tellin' ya ..........
I do MISS the bubbles in my throat with the hearty burps afterwards...
..I LIKED the FEEL of soda going down my throat as well as coming back up as a burp.....
I will forever miss it, like any addiction.
Soda is a cool and enjoyable refreshment........but I am better informed now.

Cocaine is super BAD for you to and we all know better than that nowadays........even though it was enjoyable..
MUCH AKIN TO SODA........(addiction)
...if we want to live a healthy life it is something you just do NOT want to do anymore.

I am not surprised that soda pop is also attacking the environment, as well as the human body, as it is just THAT EXTREMELY BAD FOR LIVING THINGS!

Save the world and say NO to soda pop.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

join