It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official BTS Mini-Rant Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It does irritate me when women complain about something, it is almost always some kind of "mini"-rant and never blows the world. Except that it does work, and the world will explode.

However, you could always do it by megalomanic principles, like men do. Although, well, maybe there is no choice because that space has already been taken.

Grr!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yes but that is how it works. Little mini-rants at a time instead of one big fat wall-punching, sore-throat-inducing-scream blow out.
Women are better at venting a little at a time so it doesn't build up. This thread is therapeutic.

As for men, well I won't turn this into a gender battle thread.

[edit on 6/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh my! So I see , we already have a few mildly rantageous posters here.

The store driveway walkers are having the same mind set as street laws. Peds have right away! I think they are correct about that also, but it is pretty frustrating and inconsiderate of the twits!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

You know Jphish? That one escapes me as well. I think it is completely ridiculous when people leave the tags on their clothes and accessories. I will take a stab at it though:

I think the people that do this have self esteem issues so they feel the need to let people know how "important" they are with material things. Kind of like a nonsensical display of status. I.E., my Gucci sweater is genuine Gucci and here's proof that its real and i can afford it as you can see by the tag hanging off of it" sort of thing. *shrug* That's just my take on it though.

Its also a fad that went out in the early '90s.
Go figure.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by JPhish

Go figure.

sadly, it's alive and well here in Newyork . . i think your probably spot on with their reasons for doing it though.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread and the opportunity to rant. I was thinking of opening a thread about ungrateful relatives but I'll make this a mini-short one here.

First, I cannot under/stand my relatives. My relationship with them is like a Catch-22. I'm damned if I attend their parties, sit with the wrong people or say the wrong things and I'm damned if I don't attend their stupid parties or say nothing at all. Damn them!

Second, I cannot tolerate their back biting gossiping. The trouble makers are afraid of discussing the painful truth about their bad behaviors with the source of their problems in a calm and relaxed matter. Instead they choose to blabber their versions with other relatives, who totally ignored my parents and me tonight.

Third, as an outsider to their dramatic gang-mentality, I disown certain relatives. [Shhh.] It was fun knowing them in the beginning during the growing years. But now everyone got his/her own life and new families. I don't even know why we bothered attending tonight's dinner.

Now I suspect my own cousins are working on my equally ungrateful brother to take their sides in the scheme of things. I say, 'Boo!' and 'Hiss!' to certain, ignorant and immature relatives! Blah!

[edit on 2008-6-23 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by JPhish

Go figure.

sadly, it's alive and well here in Newyork . . i think your probably spot on with their reasons for doing it though.

Maybe they just shoplifted it, and they want everyone to know how douchy they are.

Piky,

Relatives can really suck.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am sick of people driving hybrids who think they are doing such a good thing for the environment. These people are too full of themselves and try to buy these trendy cars to validate their 'convictions'. Ride a bike and shut the hell up.

Mini-rant.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mini-rant: I just love all the people that think I use it as an excuse when I tell them to please forgive me but I'm deaf, so it is really hard me to hear people most of the time.

It really ruffles my hackles when most will respond in saying that they are hard of hearing. Sure some maybe trying to console me by trying to convince me that they understand. Doing that is for kids who are not used to the situation, not adults. Over all I think most people are just patronising you because they think you are liying to them.

I do realize that so many people use that as an excuse but this is just ridiculous. There some people out there that can hear, but just barely!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
Maybe they just shoplifted it, and they want everyone to know how douchy they are.

Or maybe they're an airhead like me who forgets to remove them! Nah, I'm probably the only one stupid enough to do that. I can't count how many times I leave the stickers and tags on my clothes only to have someone else tell me about it. Oops!

reply to post by MrMysticism

Aw. Are you really deaf/hard of hearing?
Wasn't sure if I read that right.

Edited to change 'their' to 'they're.'

[edit on 6/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Aw. Are you really deaf/hard of hearing?
Wasn't sure if I read that right.

Yeah, I'm 40 so I'm pretty much used to it, but it does get annoying after awhile because when it come to that disability, people are just simply rude about it like I'm lying. Oh boy does it ever make spelling difficult!

Like the last post I wrote russle and my spell checker on firefox told me it was ruffle. If been saying russle for 40 years. People must of been thinking, "What an Idiot!"

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You mean that you ladies that are complaining about men didn't know the fact that "MEN ARE JUST BEARS THAT HAPPEN TO OWN FURNITURE???"
Your momma did not educate you right!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thank you AshleyD for posting this rant thread...it seems I need it right about now. This post is not meant for others to "feel sorry for me" or anything like that. I merely need to put my feelings out there somewhere other than inside of me.

I don't generally talk to anyone I know about any problems, and I like it that way. It keeps people from getting too close and letting me corrupt their life in one form or another.

So what does one do when all options are exhuasted? When no matter where you turn, you hit a wall? When, in finding solutions out of the maze, you only encounter more and more walls...

It seems like all my problems right now are contradicting and the solutions only lead to greater problems....What is one to do when the solutions to your problems dig you into a deeper hole?

One...one bad decision I made when I was younger has haunted me for the past year now. And each time I find a solution, another wall arises....I am getting so sick of it.......so tired of it......

I was with someone that had possession of a controlled substance a year and a half ago. This landed me in jail for a night, which I bailed out of.
$200.

After a month, I go to court and keep having to have my court date pushed back while I am waiting to get my personal lawyer. Then I finally have my case. I pay my lawyer.
$1,000.

Court results....license suspended. Great. Court fees are phenominal.
$750 plus probation at $50 a month...a lot of money for someone that lives on a budget...

With my license suspended I cannot drive without violating probation. Which means if I get caught driving I go to jail for it. This leads to irregular transportation to work, for which I lose my day job. Great. I now have 20 days to pay court costs.

And the walls close in further...

Now, armed with no job and no steady transportation, i am strapped for money which must go to living expenses. Not to mention trying to find a job at the same time with little transportation...having to rely on the schedule of others for this...

Weeks later and still no luck with a new job...
Court date approaches...not enough money for probation or court costs and living expenses...

And the walls close further....

So I finally find a prospect for a job and decide to risk driving. Go to leave outside only to find that my tire is flat....Great. Have to call my prospective job and tell them that I will be late on the first interview because of my predicament.....they tell me not to worry about it....Great....

And the walls close further...

A warrant comes in the mail that I had forgotten about from last year from a ticket that could not be paid due to paying lawyer fees from the previous case. Great....now there's a warrant involved....Court is coming up too....cash is short now....and the sh** piles....

And the walls close further....

Still looking for work....try to join the military as a last resort, what with no transportation and no job it seems like the best option. The military says no because I am on probation....funny how everything comes back in a circle here....its getting old....court is very soon....

Walls are crushing me at this point....

Things are so frustrating when every step you take slams you into another wall.....i'm grow so weary of it........so tired...... :shk:

I just want this to end.....I have to go now....

[edit on 6/23/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Aw, MH, I am so sorry to hear you are going through such a mess.
It can be very frustrating how one mistake (that does not sound like your fault, really) can haunt us for so long. I never would have known you were going through so many trials because you maintain such a positive attitude on ATS. Regardless, we're here for you and you can U2U me if there is something I can do- even if it is just to listen.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok, I'm pissed.

Compare THIS photo of Jessica Alba in the poster for the film Into the Blue to THIS photo where Playboy used the same image without permission on the cover of one of their issues.

Look closely. The original image shows Jessica as having bags under her eyes and her hips are shapely, as a woman's should be. Although Jessica Alba is a beautiful woman, it is still obvious the first image was airbrushed. And of course that is fine and to be expected. But look at the image on Playboy. The bags airbrushed from her eyes or the lines on her stomach being airbrushed are not so much my problem as what they did to her thighs.

She was skinny and womanly enough in the first picture. Not to mention very beautiful in my opinion. What on earth is the purpose of making her hips look like that of a 14 year old boy? Is that really what men want? Not usually! Furthermore, it gives women unhealthy expectations. I was sitting there thinking I exercise six days a week but my hips will never look like that- especially after having kids. Then I accidentally came across the original poster and thought 'Oh, ok. So not even Jessica Alba looks like Jessica Alba, then.' And began to feel better in that respect. But the whole thing still pissed me off greatly.

It gives an unobtainable goal for women and makes me wonder what on earth is wrong with men who are apparently more attracted to an anorexic-looking behind instead of what a real woman (including Jessica Alba before editing) really looks like due to the fact the magazine obviously knows their audience and wanted to cater to that attraction.

Ugh!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Learning all the mistakes that you've made but not ever having the opportunity to get any do-overs.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mini Rant: Insomnia.

:bnghd:

That's all.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
~Waving My Fist!~

Skid marks in my under...... wait, I already said to much!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Arggggggg.

My roommate stole all my beer and vodka
and brought it to a party and now none of its left.

that
hole.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
why do i have to be surrounded by douchebags like this....

and to make matters worse, a whole different breed of douchebags that come from across the river on a daily basis

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join