It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you colorblind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Heres a challenge.

Lets make this election, and this forum colorblind.

Lets take the hate out of the politics.

The ATS message is to debate the post and NOT the poster.

How about we extend the same courtesy to both candidates in this election?

Debate the politics, and the parties, not the personal stuff.

Debate the charisma, not the colour.

Lets stop the silly nonsense, scaremongering and witch hunting and actually talk about what both the candidates actually bring to the table, in terms of their real, substantive policies in areas like defence, foreign and domestic policies and what they mean to the people of the USA and the rest of the world, where applicable.

People seem to have forgotten Courtesy is Mandatory. Its expected, in fact its all but demanded.

In case you'd all forgotten, this is what ATS is about;

The Motto: "Deny Ignorance"

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history that has clouded our minds and dulled our brains. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes...

Not original perhaps, but heartfelt.

I wasn't a member yet, during the summer before the last presidential go 'round, but I have a hard time believing it was this bad...

Partisanship is all very well and good, but lets discuss the differences in candidates ideas on dealing with the issues, not their wives, or god forbid their families...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hard to really disagree with whats said....

All too often a discussion turns in to a pissing contest, or a sport of wit instead of a constructive discussion as it were intended to be. Opinion and politics go hand in hand. Be glad you are fortunate enough to formulate one and deny no one the gift to do so as well...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Are you saying things from a candidates past is not relevant?
While their views on policy is extremely important, so is their character and judgement. If a candidate had terrorists and U.S. haters as their friends and mentors, then I believe it is extremely relevant to the persons character and judgement.
I am just trying to clarify what you think should be ignored.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Awww...

Man I was getting ready to lay into that cracker McCain...

(note... I too am a cracker!)

Coven

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well i recently made a thead titled "So What If Obama Was a Muslim". The reason i made it was a political point about the idea that religion shouldn't matter either in regards to being elected. I'm not sure why people get so wound up over colour, religion or anything else. As i said it that thread, it should be about the issues, what they're promising and their track record in keeping their word and following threw.

So yes, fully agreed with you OP.

new topics

top topics

join