It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COG : Shadow Government alive and well ? When does martial law Kick IN ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What bothers me about the new COG (CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT) is where is the oversight ? I might have missed the statement in all the legal lingo . Does congress have any say in when to end COG . Or if it should be imposed at all . www.whitehouse.gov...

Second troubling part is a member of the homeland security is denied access to see the hidden appendixes of COG as from this source .
www.commondreams.org... This is the first time DeFazio has been denied access to documents. DeFazio has asked Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., to help him access the documents.
“Maybe the people who think there’s a conspiracy out there are right,” DeFazio said.

fas.org...

AMERICA NEEDS A PLAN TO PROVIDE FOR CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT

(Mr. DeFAZIO asked and was given permission to address the House for
1 minute.)
Mr. DeFAZIO. Most Americans would agree that it would be prudent to
have a plan to provide for the continuity of government and the rule of
law in case of a devastating terrorist attack or natural disaster, a
plan to provide for the cooperation, the coordination and continued
functioning of all three branches of the government.
The Bush administration tells us they have such a plan. They have
introduced a little sketchy public version that is clearly inadequate
and doesn't really tell us what they have in mind, but they said, don't
worry; there's a detailed classified version. But now they've denied
the entire Homeland Security Committee of the United States House of
Representatives access to their so-called detailed plan to provide for
continuity of government. They say, trust us. Trust us, the people who
brought us Katrina, to be competent in the face of a disaster? Trust
us, the people who brought us warrantless wiretapping and other
excesses eroding our civil liberties? Trust us?
Maybe the plan just really doesn't exist and that's why they won't
show it to us. I don't know. Or maybe there's something there that's
outrageous. The American people need their elected representatives to
review this plan for the continuity of government.

I have read articles stating that only a third of the provisions are known the rest are secret even to congress the above article would back up that statement .

Knocking down the 4 and 5 Amendment.
This article has some very interesting read www.huffingtonpost.com...
The COG was implemented on 911 . books.google.com... +implemented%22&ei=F9CvR5TzAabutAORrZiABg&sig=bf8Cb56WVwmlBb-PxcWO4pW8POY#PPA326,M1

And again books.google.com... 22&ei=zM-vR-LqCKeGtgPl3pmIBg&sig=AIK2hH5iFOWGXrQfQi8WTDOQrHI

Or if you prefer to down load the whole 911 commission report www.gpoaccess.gov... the google book is much easier to read .
As of 2002 COG looks like still in place archives.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is no over sight, that is the idea of the COG, it is the oversight of the gov if and when the Executive fails or breaks down during a time of great conflict.

Congress or those left of them, will be evacuated to secure facilties, as has been rehearsed in the years past, recently as well.

It is true that Americans in general need to provide for their own "continuity", as the fed is only going to cover themselves. The plan of COG is to take over in effect of another World War, or invasion of the US of A, and if national Martial Law is authorised. Which would be a mistake since all calls for Martial Law were found illegal, which occured firt under Abraham Lincoln, and again on a smaller scale when Katrina hit.

There is an extensive ammount on the COG in the The Omega Agency Research Project, but it is buried some where in the hundreds of links. The pages it's on though are together with many links to the same material. I havn't gone over the urls in awhile so not sure how many still work.

None the less, that is a great place to gain alot of info on COG as I scrounged up every thing available at the time.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And Almost no one knew . www.cbsnews.com...

From research the national emergency is still effect www.whitehouse.gov...

So if the national emergency is still in effect the COG might be still be in effect also . What are the Presidents powers right now it seems that it open to what ever suit’s the situation or whim .

What does it mean to all of us ?

National Emergency Act, the president "may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens."
www.fas.org...

At this point how easy is it for the decider to become the dictator . Or for any new President to make a coup
Emergency , Declare National emergency institute COG , renew it into perpetuity ! Instant complete control
(b) "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;
ANY incident , regardless of location what or who defines disruption

After COG kicks in who does it end Presidential Directive only ? If thats is trully the cas a President can keep it going indefinably .

From my point of view that is a clear deviation from the constitutions idea of separation of powers and gathers all powers in the executive branch .

I hope we haven't slipped down the slippery slope to a point we cant return to a Constitutional Government again !

Good Luck every one we might be headed from some interesting times ahead .

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Went back through the Project, and found the page where the first mention of COG was posted, page 4 near the bottom, 17th post;
Shadow U.S. government in place ....Precautions from the cold era, "continuity of government",

Also in the posts following the above linked one, there are sources for the

PDD-NSC-67
Enduring Constitutional Government
and Continuity of Government Operations
and a lot more.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What concerns me the most Is the Cog that those posts were about was superseded with the one dated may 7th , Much of the old was done away with and replaced . Much is in secret appendices know one knows except the President and a select few . If Department of Homeland security does not have the clearance to view it who does ?

The COG was operating in 2002 most had knowledge if its institution and I have not found any references to its revocation . It it was instituted in 2001 it might be we are still under in now since the national emergency is still in effect it has been reimplemented each year the next renewal date is sept this year .

With the current new about nuke parts and plans i am certin the renewal will happen .

We dont know what power the appendices have in them we knew what the old one was and had some sweeping powers in it . Would the new one be even more sweeping ?

new topics

top topics

join