It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional Distress:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Have you ever had anyone go above any beyond everything that is evil to slander your character? I have. It’s something I always knew was taking place from a specific person in the work place. I’m not playing the victim here…. I’m an exceptionally strong woman with a very thick skin, but this has really been a blow to me emotionally and brought a great deal of emotional distress to me as the truth comes out about the length this woman has gone to-to bring such defamation against me. Why do people like her do and say things deceptive to hurt other people? Is it jealousy? Is there nothing but hate in them, or is it that they hate themselves?

Now, I’d like to tell you the plus side to this account. We have bad people in this world, and we have good people. There is another exceptional person in the work place that saw what was happening to me & went above and beyond the call of duty, spent numerous hours over the last 6-8 weeks documenting everything behind the scenes of which I knew nothing about. She’s a person in a high power position, fairly new to the company and I knew of her, but hadn’t actually met her yet.

I can’t begin to tell you how beholden I am to her for bringing this roller coaster ride that I’ve been on for the past year to an end. And I love her for it! All of her documentations, and physical proofs of the wrong doing from the slanderous woman were exposed to people in even higher places as of yesterday afternoon…keep in mind, I knew nothing about any of her investigating until it was over, and it’s now being dealt with appropriately. Oddly enough I was given a pay raise yesterday as all was exposed…. perhaps it was a carrot to keep from a lawsuit? Lawsuit, is something that isn’t in my nature, in any case I can only speculate on why I got the pay raise.

I want to cry my eyes out, I want to breath again, I want to sleep well at night, and I want peace of mind. I am so humbled by Angela’s random act of kindness to me. You know I wasn’t the only person that this was happening to…the other’s will be vindicated as well. This cruel woman’s ring of slander is over, but you know what…. I don’t hate her…I should by all rights HATE her; nevertheless I feel nothing but pity for her.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
She must have seen you as a threat to her survival, or basically her money. People who submit to this fear live in scarcity. I am glad that it worked itself out there for ya.

I have had people being petty with me at work, usually there isn't an HR or whatever to back me up. I either have to grin and bear it, or just move on to somewhere else. They must value you considerably.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am so very glad to hear that the situation worked out. It's been my sad experience that at times some people aren't happy until everyone is miserable. She couldn't make her higher ups unhappy so I guess she chose you. It's good to see that justice was served.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Yeah, it never pays to spread malicious gossip and slander, as what goes around comes around.... I'm glad to hear this enemy of yours got hers, jensouth

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jen,

I personally have experienced someone going above and beyond the call of duty to slander my character and hurt my life outside of work so I know how you feel....

I worked at a company based here in Mobile called Conde Systems doing tech support for a long time. Their office reminded me of a high school locker room the way no one could stay out of anyone else's business and gossip ran rampant.

Long story short, I had gotten a waaaay better offer to work at Mazland Carpets doing graphic design at $50k a year. One of the purchasing managers at Conde didn't get along with me and took it upon himself to dig up dirt about my personal life and fax it over to the human resource department at Mazland carpets, because of which, they decided to deny me employment...and this was already after they hired me and I finished my two weeks at Conde. Some people are just evil. I will tell you though....karma is a b*tch, excuse my language. Here is a song to make you feel better about the situation....everyone gets what's coming to them eventually:

Karma Police

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Im sorry, Louise, but women can be such beeatches, its really sad. I have been in your position and its not very nice what we have to endure.

I would rather work for men, than women anyday!!! Its not always a choice we have, but if i can help it, i go where the men are.

I definatly have cried many times over jealous women- green eyed monsters that they are and wont go there again.

I hope things are ok now for you!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Why do people like her do and say things deceptive to hurt other people? Is it jealousy? Is there nothing but hate in them, or is it that they hate themselves?

All the above. People like this will always be like this. They are very insecure with their own well being. Insecurity can cause jealously of someone whom they think is better than them.

As bad as it is she gave you a compliment, she’s letting you know you are better than she is. I hope she has been let go. Workplaces does not need trouble makers. They can have better production and moods without the trouble makers.

I’m glad you got the pay raise you deserved it! I’m sure your bosses realize this as well especially after everything you been through.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Thanks for all the support guys, I really do appreciate it.

DG you are so right, I'd pick working with men anytime over the other. There's no drama when you work with men

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
There's no drama when you work with men

Are you kidding???

Men and women should never, ever work around each other, ever.

They should be completely segregated, have workplaces for men and workplaces for women, kinda like the men's washroom and women's washroom

Why? The sexual tension gets way outta control. How many marriages and relationships have been destroyed because someone ends up having an affair with someone they work with?

new topics

top topics

join