It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Have Legalized Bush's War Crimes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Democrats Have Legalized Bush's War Crimes!

www.alternet.org

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claims that a key positive feature of the new wiretap "compromise" is that the bill reaffirms that the President must follow the law, even though the same bill virtually assures that no one will be held accountable for George W. Bush's violation of the earlier spying law. Share this article

In other words, in the guise of rejecting Bush's theories of an all-powerful presidency that is above the law, the Democratic leadership cleared the way for the President and his collaborators to evade punishment for defying the law.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
IMO, if these criminals ever do go to trial for every travesty they have commited against this nation, Nancy Pelosi now needs to be tried as well, as she is a co-conspirator in abetting these thugs. She is guilty of treason against this nation for her complicity, and should be removed ASAP, and tried in a court of law along with the rest of these criminals. Every single member of congress who voted for the passage of this should be removed from their position immediately as well, and be investigated by an independent council, and put on trial if necessary. This Crime family and their disgusting, continual treason against this nation must be stopped and held accountable. This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

After the New York Times revealed the warrantless wiretaps two and a half years ago, Congress took no steps to hold Bush accountable. Before the 2006 elections, Pelosi declared that Bush's impeachment was "off the table."

Then, on the eve of the August 2007 recess, the Democratic-controlled Congress was stampeded into passing the "Protect America Act," which effectively legalized what Bush had already done and expanded his spying powers even more.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

This is straight up BS. And again where senator Obama and I differ. If this is where we're going then count me out. I think Obama and I may be done before the election even comes. We'll see. I would never trow my support behind McCain, but this is just another blank check to the admin to do whatever it wants.

I'm tired of this congress, and I'm tired of this president, and I'm tired of being lied to. # you Bush, # you Congress, and if this continues any further, # you Obama.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

What do you guys expect? Would you expect the mafia to convict organized crime.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Why would they want to change any of the laws that Bush has put into place. The Dem's know that there is a pretty good chance they will gain the executive branch this fall. Trust met the big brother intrusive laws are a big government types wet dream. As a matter of fact Bush has set so many precedents on abuse of executive powers the Dems are going to have a pretty strong precedent for doing whatever the hell they want when they get in power.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, that's great. People, citizens and visitors, should know that there are limits to your freedom and the government will listen to your phone calls, read your mail and, if necessary, probe your tight little backsides nice and slow to make sure everything is good and clean.

Bush isn't a criminal and the democrats know that he has an exceptionally powerful patron behind the veil. Apparently democrats more concerned with what the real boss thinks than what the average american thinks. The real boss doesn't like his presidents to be brought up on frivolous charges.

I guess the world should know, if you start a war with the Americans, get ready for a war with the Americans!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If these people ever go to trial, exactly who is going to try them? Really, this goes so far down the line, I think we are getting screwed on every single level.

It's getting hard to keep hope when every bit of structure that was supposed to be there is not what you thought it was.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Well as far as these interior crimes of treason, it does look quite bleak, particularly when you examine the Supreme Court's make-up of primarily loyals and cronies to these criminals. The entire system is corrupt and lawless. BUT:

In terms of actually being brought up on crimes for trial, there can be an independent council, that can investigate, and at least on some of these war crimes, refer them to an International Tribunal.

It may not get them for their treason against us, but they cannot supercede international law as it stands right now. And they are guilty of too many crimes to count, and the whole world knows this.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

AFAIK, USA does not recognise the international court therefore the buck stops at the american supreme court and we all know how corrupt it is. But even if they did recognise it exactly who would go to the USA and apprehend the criminals?

We also know that the democrats must be in on the scam since everyone is keeping a tight lip, other than a little "bring the troops back" cry and an occassional "rogue" member trying to pass impeachment hearings while the rest of the party ignores him.

Am I exaggerating one tiny bit? I doubt it. I fear a REAL REVOLUTION may be the only way to correct things and sadly innocent people may be killed or injured but I see no other alternative if things keep getting worse.

Not only that but since we live in an increasingly globalist enviroment if one of the major industrialized nations takes a hit the effects are usually felt worldwide and a global depression similar to 1939 could be imminent. I guess some people never learn their lesson and history keeps repeating itself because some people want it that way.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Further proof that there is not a dimes worth of difference among the republicRATS. How anyone can watch such goings on and believe that either party actually represents their best interests is beyond me. It’s time to run them all out of DC on a rail, preferably covered in tar and feathers.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

This is straight up BS. And again where senator Obama and I differ. If this is where we're going then count me out. I think Obama and I may be done before the election even comes. We'll see. I would never trow my support behind McCain, but this is just another blank check to the admin to do whatever it wants.

I'm tired of this congress, and I'm tired of this president, and I'm tired of being lied to. # you Bush, # you Congress, and if this continues any further, # you Obama.

Well said. I feel the same way. I mean do you really think it is just a coincidence people like Ron Paul gets shut out of all the debates and conventions. This is a true mafia crime family and Obama will do nothing. We need to start running for local offices like congress. Im going to in 2012 hopefully we still have a country.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You know this stings a little more because I'm an Obama supporter. I still think he's better than McCain, and I think Obama really is struggling to put together something a bit more real than usual, and I also understand that in order to change politics you have to start by playing ball in certain games. All fine and dandy, but sometimes you have to stand alone and stand your ground and truly set yourself apart. This is a missed opportunity for Obama to really look presidential, and visionary.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I will say again this is because they are behind it as well. Again think of it like this. Next is a democrat president what do you think will happen to us then? It's not going to be pretty. Each president takes away a little more and adding to for the next one. They are just going back and forth.

While the democrats sit back and blame it on the republicans and the republicans sit back and blame it on the democrats! While the truth is they are ALL DOING THE EXACT SAME THING. Going down the exact same road.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Obviously it is time to vote all of the Democrats and all of the Republicans out of office (excepting Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul).

This really could be quite the winning season for the Libertarians, Greens, and the Constitution Party.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Obviously it is time to vote all of the Democrats and all of the Republicans out of office (excepting Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul).

Yeah...keep all the freaks in office

Long live President Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the REpublicans!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
"Order out of Chaos" comes to mind here.

If the American citizens end up in Chaos though, it might be there opportunity for there Order. A New World Order.

Sorry, I don't have allot to say on the matter since I'm a Canadian and I don't see it as being my business. But I did take a liking to Ron Paul, to bad he's out of the race.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

wats wrong with bush? he didnt do anything bad. tell me why you hate bush.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

join