It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Odd Member From 1969 - Before ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was tagging threads off the 500 Threads That Need Tags and I found a member out of time.

There is no designation below the name like "Member", "Banned", "Writer", etc...
The member has no points but the profile says 5,448 threads started and 23,196 replies. But the post count sits a zero.

Take a look....
www.belowtopsecret.com...

The threads started are all on sports topics, and some as recent as two years ago.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

What's the deal with this Member out of time.

Edit: Because I edit......

[edit on 21/6/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I get a blank page when I click your link.

Are you sure this wasn't the Ghost of ATS Past?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. And he registered in 1969! I didn't know ATS had been around for that long:

TRD

Seriously, though. I'm sure it was a system account of some sort. Just a guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh my God! The prophecy has come true!

*runs away screaming*

...erm, yeah. Two things; A part of an ATS game or WITD has come back to haunt us. Either way, fun times are ahead.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Don't you guys realize that there is a little kid at the age of two years old in 1969 that was so upset because he lost his sweater and he suddenly realized he could manipulate time. He advanced time through out life noticing and visiting some of his favorite Music and Literary Artists. He liked these people so much that he was willing to give them a tour of his complete life span for material to write about, but for some reason he can't remember any of this. He never did find out what happened to his sweater and to this day he is still very upset about it. Some people are very angry that this kid and now adult was letting the "Normal" general public know that such abilities real do exist. They also can manipulate time and try to threaten this guy about at least once a week. At the age of 20 this kid committed a major crime through the manipulation of time. He had full control and was taking advantage of it! This young man suddenly realized that this was morally wrong and vowed never to manipulate time again, but for some reason it happens once in awhile. It mostly happens when his life is in danger or he is extremely upset/stressed. He only reverses time by a few minutes or seconds subconsciously. My guess is this ability haunts him greatly and he is very upset about it which just makes the problem worse. This is his way of letting you know that he likes this forum very much!

Oh by the way this lost time traveler is very into Sports Radio!

Ok! Well at least that was an interesting read!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
TRD....stands for The Real Deal (who has TRD under his name)...who runs SportzTawk...SkepticOverlord's Son...

The Real Deal

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow... born in 1969?? S.O. is much older than I thought...

just kiddin'

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Correct.

That member has never logged into ATS. That's why it says 1969. Those threads were never created on ATS, but moved to ATS from SportzTawk

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

The very same date appeared a few days ago in a section of the Care2 network. There was a series of comments by members, and all were dated December 31, 1969.

It'd be interesting to know what caused it.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

That's why it says 1969.

Why?
Why 1969, I mean?
What exactly caused this particular date to appear (and on more than one website, as I noted in my previous post)?

I know it's a computing glitch, but cannot figure how it works.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It was me.

I was 18 months old, and decided to embark on a life of data protection by duplication in the relevant area's.

It's not my fault:
My stepdad told me to do it.

It was the same thing with the moon landings - I was just a puppet on a string.

Nevertheless, I will continue to defend my older brethrem who are in charge of the tribe.

Bit late now

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Why?
Why 1969, I mean?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's a default setting in the software.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
1969 is likely to be the earliest the site can go back to, much like if you run Windows OS then if you open up the clock/ calender and keep clicking back the year it will not go below something like 1980.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Correct.

I amaze myself sometimes.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
Wow... born in 1969?? S.O. is much older than I thought...

just kiddin'

Hey I was born in may 1969!!!!, it was a really good year, uh I think it was a good year.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't mean to "verify" that all you said in your post was true (maybe it is, maybe it's not). But those threads did come from SportzTawk. That's what I meant by "correct"...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

maybe it is

Yep

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Frank Deford (born December 16, 1938, in Baltimore, Maryland) is a senior contributing writer for Sports Illustrated, author, and commentator.
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.sportscurmudgeon.com...

hope this helps

[edit on 22-6-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

If the application injecting the email doesn't include a date field, then the MTA (e.g. sendmail, qmail) will add one in.

However, whether you use PHP to add a date field or leave this to your MTA, both these will produce an incorrect date field if your system clock is wrong.

What does the output of the date command say?

There is also the slim possibility that you have a broken MTA which doesn't add a date field when required. If you provide the source of one of the email messages, then we can verify this.

forums.devshed.com...
This may explain the date problem

and if this is the game I'm pointing my finger at "gemwolf" Because he's the one behind the conspiracy ... if not I'm just heading down the rabbit hole of insanity

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Adding the get field snippet returns 0. There is no timestamp, so what does that mean?

EDIT: I put in [+pub_date+] instead of [+date+] for the blog and get a timestamp.

modxcms.com...

here's another explanation for the date it's result is a default resulting from
erroneous coding
the date appears to be a default result
much like in old databases 9.9.99
found out that one on 9-9-99

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join