It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know. I know. More talk about Indigo Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was recently looking at my own aura and I thought I saw the color indigo. Because it looked like a mixture of blue and violet. But really vibrent and it coverd my hand. But seeing as I'm not all that good at seeing auras yet I thought I'd look up what the color indigo looked like. I did the process again and I compared it to certain shades of indigo.

So I'm an Indigo Kid? What exactly does that mean? I know it has to do with the 6th chakra and all that. But hasen't that color been on other people like way before the recent generation? What makes that color so special now that people are meking a big deal about wheather or not people have that aura color?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
being an "indigo child" is just another excuse for the socially inept, in my opinion. Afraid to socialize? Afraid of human contact? Sit in your basement all day eating cheeze-its and watching the battlestar galactica marathon? By jove, you must be an Indigo child! You were meant for something more!

Seriously. I've led a pretty active social life, actually became really popular, and I still feel out of place. I've always thought that I was meant to do something HUGE. Like, literally, I feel like I'm here to take part in man's salvation or save the world or take be a part of something global event.

And you know what?

I just watched way too many movies and cartoons when I was a kid.

You want to go out and do something great? Then go do it. It won't come to you.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't know. There is an argument that these feelings of being part of some global event have to do with the television we all watched as kids. A superhero complex, I guess.

First of all, I was only allowed to watch PBS as a child, and I'm not sure how Sesame Street and Nova would have engendered anything like a desire to ascend to the next levels of consciousness, though I did learn a handful of words in Spanish, and was afraid that something was living in my garbage can.

Second of all, if it is a savior complex of some sort brought on by television, wouldn't it have been more evident in the generations before us who made all the really classic superhero shows, like Batman and Superman? By the 90's we were all watching Ren and Stimpy, weren't we?

I'm not saying I agree with the Indigo child theory, I think most of them have got ADHD, which is also a non-disease brought about by the maddening boredom of public school and too many chemicals in the food. There is definitely something going on though, and I don't think it's got anything to do with TV.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Um. Yeah. I really dont think it has anything to do with watching tv. Because I dont like tv. But further more. Why is it now that they are saying indigo is like the revolutionary aura. There were people before me that had my aura and they werent like the turn of the century

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i have been told more than once (even before i knew what an indigo child was) that i am one. i can't disagree and have worked hard on changing it. YES.. changing it, because it sounds to me like a bunch of rebellious persons trying to explain away their rebellious, selfish, spoiled behaviour by calling it "special".

i focus hard on remembering that there is not one human being on this earth now or in the past that is more special than the other and all of our lives have meaning and purpose should we choose to find it and live out our life in the knowledge that karma is real, but at the same time nothing more than cause and effect. ya send out good and you will be given back good.

to answer your question "what does THAT mean", it means that you are spoiled rotten and you are being given an excuse to continue to feel special and worthy of something that would warrant such selfish behavior. that is IMO and comes from someone who has been TOLD numerous times they were an indigo.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

But I'm not spoiled rotten. I just have the aura color Indigo. I dont have a big head or pompous. Just the aura color. But I didnt know I was one until a little while ago. And I hhaven't braged about anything.

Is that what it means to be a Indigo child? arrogent and whiny?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the following is a description of indigo children. you tell me if YOU think they sound arrogant and whiny. i sure as hell did and when i looked at myself objectively, i agreed. i was the youngest in my family and although i do believe i have gifts, i now believe EVERYONE have has gifts should they choose to use them and that my gifts make me no more special than anyone else.

and i never said you were an indigo child
... but i certainly realized, the more i studied what an indigo child label was, that i personally didn't want to be identified as such.

the supposed "character traits" of indigo children:

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (not conforming to any system).
They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of similar consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling that no other human being understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yeah dude. Thats me. But I actually have patience, and I'm not very cocky. But the rest is very much me.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Still_Learning

That's pretty hard, as auras don't exist.

Neither do indigo kids - it's just another label those seeking to improve their own self-image (either for their own flailing ego or external posturing) adopt, and feel better about themselves. No evidence. No logic. Nothing, just wishful thinking.

Let's keep this board firmly rooted in actual study, so we can learn something. Science and objectivity demands something a bit more concrete than a list of vague character traits that can describe a whole shed-load of people throughout the ages.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A friend of mine worked at a huge "new age" bookstore a few years ago.
She showed me some books whose author's proclaimed there were groups
of not only Indigo Children, but "Light Warriors" and "Crystal Children".

My friend is a very warm, likeable person who is easy to talk to.

So... A surprising number of people who bought these books would return
later, saying things like "I just know I'm a Light Warrior, and my son's a
Crystal Child."

Marketing 101...find or create a need or desire. Fulfill said desire.
I want to feel special!! Presto! You're an Indigo! That was easy!
Wow...can I be a Light Warrior too? Sure!

Despite having said the above, I believe in letting people pursue what
makes them happy. If you believe you're an Indigo Child, then fine, you're an Indigo Child.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Na dude. I'm tired of ignorant skeptics thinking they're better than me because they conform with the rest of the world and the rest of the world keeps them blind. It's like dealing with a bunch of annoying little children saying that 4+4=44 No! You want proof? Go to my other forum with the most replies and look at the video. There's your proof.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

But I dont want to be an indigo child. I don't want that whole label. If my auras Indigo then so be it. I just want to know why it's become so popular now. I was never interested in it until I could see auras. I always thought. Oh there just a bunch of people who think that this color is special for some reason. I wont mess with them because I'll just let them believe whatever they want to believe. But now I guess I just want answers

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This sounds like both my son and daughter. And while I think they are both special they aren't that special...just a bit spoiled.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
sounds like you're just trying to validate your existence is all.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankP

Yeah. I guess you could put it that way

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still_Learning
reply to post by FrankP

Yeah. I guess you could put it that way

i like your honesty! and i think this is very normal for many ppl. i know being the youngest and spoiled in my family gave me a sense of over dramatic self worth and then getting out in the real world and finding that i was no more special than joe blow next to me was a harsh reality ~ harsh at the time, now i realize it is the best thing that i could have learned in my life. still, most want to know that our existence is for a reason... even if that reason is nothing more than being able to identify w those around us.

~peace

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well I guess I must be like an abnormal Indigo child. Because I'm really not spoiled. I do hate cops though. That would explain the extream dislike for authority. But I'm actually a very humble, patiant person.
I guess I just don't want to fall into that catagory of being an asshole to everyone because I think I'm better than everyone else. Because I don't.
Why can't I just be a kid with the dominant color indigo for their aura? Because I really don't like people just judging me off the bat like " Oh he's one of those indigo kids, he's just pompous"

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Still_Learning-- You made this quote:

Na dude. I'm tired of ignorant skeptics thinking they're better than me because they conform with the rest of the world and the rest of the world keeps them blind.

I just wanted to say.. this quote is gold to me. It is the thruth pure and simple. From my perspective anyway. I've never been one to follow and conform. I do believe they are the same thing. Truth is the people that do can't understand the people who don't and vice-versa.
As far as the indigo in you aura,,that color means alot. If its very vibrant and has no other color mixed in ,it is likely to be a sign healing energy. Either that you already possess or that is being given to you through spirit.
Now I'm not saying your a healer. I'm saying there is healing energy around you. What you choose to do with it is your business. I would look into some study of the chakras too if you haven't already.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by valleymuse

Thank you very much.
But yes I have looked into the chakra system. I actually meditate that way. It's helped significantly in my practices and my everyday life

new topics

top topics

join