It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Conspiracy For World Perversion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The OP's premise is hateful and xenophobic; and condescending to buddhists, atheists, liberals and more. Clearly in the OP's view, only Christians have access to that third eye that allows them to see through all our human bs.

OP have you tired with Muslims already? Are the 'last seasons' Satan? Is that it? So now you are prepping the world for the great Buddhist Devil? Please you're filled with fear, anger and hate. You sicken me!

How do you expect Buddhists to carry out this massive worldwide takeover when the make up barely 6 percent of the world's religious believers?

One more thing. I live in America, and I have NEVER met a Buddhist the was proselytizing...Christians on the other hand--well, I could fill a journal.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
very interesting! good post, It IS painfully obvious that child sex/ exploitation is seen as karmic in nature in Buddhist societies and that is a serious problem.

With that mindset the problem goes on and on.

Nobody has the right to exploit anyone, NOBODY! I don't care about karma or any of that stuff, Everybody HAS to be protected, especially children from international perverts
!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
To be fair your psot dosn't provide anything close to what could be consider evidence as to a Buddhist conspiracy. If you are going to make a claim you need to provide some sort of evidence.

Oh come on, there is evidence aplenty for those who look. There are whole books about it, websites and travellers tales - and this is even before the Chinese propaganda kicked in. Tibetan Buddhism (not Zen Buddhism) is a sick perverted and corrupt tool used to oppress the masses. They were much more cruel to the peasants under their heel, than the Chinese communists were to the priests when they moved in and put a stop to some of the more fully sick practices of the priesthood.

Consider their practice of skinning people alive and hanging them in the streets of Lhasa, if they didn't convert to Buddhism. Buddhist priests engaged in sex slavery, pedophilia, black magic, lying, murder, torture, and robbery to name but a few crimes.

Tibetan Buddhism is no better than Catholicism or Islam, in how it has been practiced, in how it suppresses women, and how it is mis-used to rule the masses via fear and ruthlessness.

Truly, all religions are tools for controlling the weak-minded masses.

As for the Dalai Lama, don't even get me started on that hypocritical piece of CIA junk. He is no more spiritual than my big toe. He even confessed on ABC National TV in Australia the other night that he has anger problems. Heck, if the venerable Dalai Lama has anger management problems, then what the heck has he been meditating for, for the last 50 years?

Good thread OP - there are way too many starry eyed and ignorant new agers who actually believe the propaganda and fluff about Tibetan Buddhism being spiritual and good. The day I hear a Dalai Lama apologising to the Tibetans for the atrocities committed by his priest caste - is the day I will take note and listen. But that would be like asking for the Pope to apologise for the slaughter of the millions of innocent people that the Catholic Church organised, over a few centuries.

Duncan

Duncan

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If Hitler was a buddhist, then I'm Yoda, and you must all convert to the Jedi religion or I'll put a light saber up your *ahem*.

Obviously the neo-nazis / KKK are also buddhist - how else do you explain the robes? I suppose all those Roman Catholic Priests having their way with alter boys were actually Buddhist monks undercover, trying to give Christianity a bad name. And those Muslims who stone women for being raped or not wearing a hijab... obviously more Buddhists working in secret. Maybe even Jesus was a secret buddhist - after all, the cross is just a swastika with the arms cut off...

Truthfully, I don't like any religion. Anyone that tells me that you have to believe what some book written over a millenium ago or your eternal soul will burn in hell (or will be reincarnated into a slug) just sounds a little desperate to me. (It is almost like some of those chain letters we get by e-mail - ie. send this to 400 people or your grandma will get hit by a bus). That being said, of all the dogma that I've been exposed to, I really think the buddhists are the least of your concerns. I don't know what some buddhist did to you, but you need to let it go. I know what will help -repeat after me... Ohmmmm.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by cannonfodder]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Bhudhism does not encourage lust. Lust is attachment ,attachment leads to misery. These are quotes from the DHAMMAPADA "From lust arises grief ;from grief arises fear. For him who is free from lust there is no grief , much less fear."And here is another quote dealing with lust " There is no fire like lust. There is no grip like hate. There is no net like delusion. There is no river like craving." I doubt those who run or patronize the the sex industry are Bhuddists.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'd like to back up the OP in his comments. Several christian organizations that aid persecuted christians have been reporting the great violence and persecution against christians from buddhists.

Here is one example:
Buddhists Persecute Christians

There are many others in Sri Lanka and elsewhere. So much for your peace loving Buddhists. The fact is this false religion is lit by the fires of hell IMHO.

Fortunately I have complete faith that Christ will prevail over these situations. It seems like the recent tragedies in Myanmar have exposed how evil the Buddhist military junta in Myanmar really is. I see the hand of God in this.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
RileyTardell:

I take refuge in the Buddha; I take refuge in the dharma; I take refuge in the sangha.

I send you this Medicine Buddha, as it is clear your mind and heart are sick.

I hope you get well soon. Please call poison control also, as it is apparent you swallowed the Pro-Communist Chinese Propaganda Poison.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Blaming Buddhism for the events in Burma is like blaming Christianity for the war in Iraq. Just because the people in charge claim to be a part of that faith doesn't mean they actually adhere to its tenets. The blame lies on the corrupt governments and people carrying out these actions, not the belief-system to which they pretend to follow.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

Many Buddhist monks take part in the persecution however. Apparently they feel threatened by the growth of christianity. It is quite a shame.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rileytardell

I have spent a good deal of time on ATS. I have watched many things here on ATS, things I do not are with, and things that are unbelievable. But it would seem that even I, have not seen it all.

I am truly at a loss of words... speechless..

The Dali Lama has expressed his appreciation of Christianity's "love" for the world and people in general. How could that even be construed as... evil?

Buddhism is based around the alleviation of suffering and the discovery of happiness and collectiveness...

Looking at your posts I am confused... dismayed.. grief stricken.. and dearly concerned.

What could have possibly driven you beyond simple disgust, or shunning; to... bloodcurdling hate? I see Buddhism as I do Christianity, nothing much more than a list of Commandments... What could be wrong with adhering to a list of teachings... Ideals of how to live your life right?

I take your attack upon Buddhism, as an attack on the very soul of humanity. I could see a disagreeance, or even serious misgivings... but hate?

That good sir, I cannot see. Buddhism en whole stands as a set of lessons, lessons of self betterment; how could that be bad?

Please explain it to me, I follow the Buddhist Way. So please explain how I am lost, or wrong?

To address your stated misgivings:

The "Buddhist Monks" in India do not appear to be following Buddha's teachings. Thus, I could easily identify the Dali Lama's handling of them, to an extent. Also the "worship" of anything is attachment, which is bad as several other posters identified.

There will always be those whom claim to be one thing, while they are secretly another, true Buddhists would not descend to pedophilia and incest; that is beyond forgivable and they will never reach enlightenment in their lifetime, ever.

As for the "banning" of Christianity Conversion, that would certainly only be temporary. I do think it to be wrong to use a crisis situation as a medium for bringing religion. Surely some would argue that it would be the best time for them to do so. yet again people in such situations are vulnerable and need to make such an important decision wisely; would you not agree? In addition religion may give you protection I could agree with that to some extent, but would it not be better to suspend any "conversaionary" tactics by either side until after the incident, and normalcy has been reestablished? You not you think it best to be fully collected to make what may be the most important decision in your life, rather than in need or possibly desperate for relief?

I would stress that Buddhism is not a "religion" per se. It is more a set of Ideals. The only caveat is that of Enlightenment. I personally do not agree with this aspect, however I do recognize why those who believe in it do. My reciprocating question is why you believe in Heaven? I am of course assuming you are of the Christian Faith; if I am in error my humblest apologies good sir.

I wish quarrel with anyone, just seek understanding. Will you grant me this condition?

- Maban

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

While that may be true, you still can't blame Buddhism for this. I don't know if you live in the US, but if you do, imagine this scenario: Tomorrow, Bush announces that the government has come up with a plan to weed out all the evil Muslims in America and to make Christianity the national faith. The military goes around, burning temples and killing Muslims and what have you. Do you think any overzealous Christian pastors would get caught up in it and help the government out? Sure, probably at least a few.

It's the same way with Buddhism, or with ANY group of people anywhere. Christ didn't teach to murder and crush the other faiths, nor did Buddha. But it happens. It's not the fault of the religion itself, just the fault of some misguided individuals who believe they have right on their side.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
No amount of quoted out of context rhetoric can wash the unplugged mind. I find this post highly unethical in its distrobution of negative propaganda for a society that promotes a way of life, in tune with the balance of the universe.

How can you deny yourself the true peace that this realization accounts for?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

So you too believe there is a conspiracy by buddhist to take over the west because that is what the quote you posted was reffering to. Please do not use my quotes out of context.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

This news clipping comes from a communist Chinese newspaper - pulease....the Chinese government plants BS and lies about the Buddhists wherever they can..and have done for 50 years...you really need to study some history...or are you simply a mouthpiece for the Chinese government?
Aside from that and looking at it from the other side of the coin there are religious fanatics in every religion on the planet - but why do you feel such a need to be afraid of them?....Are you a believer in Christ? Doesn't the scripture say - "God is my strength, of whom shall I be afraid?" Over and over it says: "Fear not"...and yet you clearly fear...and then you attempt to draw others into your fear...I won't be walking that way, brother....

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't even know where to begin with your post.

Next you'll be saying Jain monks are car jackers.

Wow... all I can say is as an atheist, I respect buddism over most philosophies or religions....

I suggest maybe finding stuff out for yourself, possibly visiting a buddist temple to relax and you'll be genuinely suprised at how few drug addled, naked hippies or warmongering pascifists there are...
Or sit at home spreading your propoganda, the choice is yours.

One love x

Mr - L

[edit on 22-6-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by nexusmagazine

So you too believe there is a conspiracy by buddhist to take over the west because that is what the quote you posted was reffering to. Please do not use my quotes out of context.

No I don't believe there is a conspiracy by buddhists to take over the west. And I am sorry if you feel that I used your quote out of context.

My gripe against Tibetan Buddhism, is the same as my gripe about Christianity and Islam and Hinduism - and that is - they all suppress women, they all preach one message, and yet the leadership practices what they like, which is usually drugs, sex, death and power. The leadership of all these religions are nothing more than corrupt hypocritical figureheads.

I look forward to the day when mankind recognises its natural divinity; sees God in everyone and everything, and when it no longer needs corrupt power structures that seek to put themselves between us and God.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
drugs, sex, death and power are all affirmed gifts of life to understand if you take each in moderation. Experiential enlightenment is a very convenient path if you look outside societie's subjective perception of each gift.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
If you are going to critize buddhism, at least do it by using the buddhist doctrine and not some acts which are because of buddhism according to you while in reality they are happening in all religions and societies as many pointed out already.

Also, I love Bhutan but I'm sure if Riley found out it is a Buddhist kingdom where they worship the penis and have pictures of it all over the place and are very open about sexuality, the country must be the source of all evils.

Originally posted by Threadfall
How do you expect Buddhists to carry out this massive worldwide takeover when the make up barely 6 percent of the world's religious believers?

If you take a look at history buddhism did quite well in spreading.link showing spread of buddhism

At some time there were buddhists in Afghanistan (see the statues of Bamyan) and Japan. However the buddhist influence waned in favor of other religions who had simply better armies.

There is also something about the Bodhisattva vow in Mahayana buddhism:
"I vow to liberate all beings, without number
I vow to uproot endless blind passions
I vow to penetrate dharma gates beyond measure
I vow to attain the way of the Buddha"

A bodhisattva is basically a saint or someone striving to become one. The Dalai Lama for example is considered a highly realized bodhisattva but anyone could be one. In Theravada, they are arahants, though the goal here is to liberate oneself and may or may not return to assist other beings attaining nirvana.

Here a person chooses to be reborn in samsara (this world) in order to ( basically) end their own suffering and when they do, teach beings why they are suffering so those suffering beings can end their suffering as well. Bodhisattva's are reborn and reborn again and again until all (sentient) beings have been liberated (from suffering and ignorance). So their vow affects me as well and can't be completed until I become a bodhisattva myself (or maybe arahant). And in that respect there is a conspiracy in Mahayana buddhism to dominate the world, afterall we all influence eachother and that way we cause suffering for ourselves. If one person wastes a river, many will get sick because of it. So everyone has to be subdued to buddhist doctrine if the goal of ending suffering is to be accomplished.

But it's pretty much the same that every Christian would like others to know about Jesus' love and accept Him as a savior. And if you don't accept Him, the Lord sends you to hell. Or accept Allah as the true God and if you don't, you'll go to hell. Become a bodhisattva (or arahant) and attain nirvana or suffer the rest of your rebirths (which is also hell, full of suffering except it isn't a place in the afterlife perse). Attain moksha and be liberated or...

Now to say something against any conspiracy. It is true the West is becoming more acquinted with buddhism but that is because of;

- better ways to exchange information for the masses like the internet; before it was difficult to get a book about buddhism in the west
- in the past if you were into buddhism in a predominant Christian country you'd be exiled from society (or at least have a hard time being a minority)
- the Tibetans being forced out of their country and trying to establish and doing so preserving their culture and religion outside of it, the West being receptive to their message due to all kinds of circumstances (being the underdog with a higher moral ground, more people becoming atheists because of science, exploring new ways of coping with everyday stress like meditation).
The Chinese invasion of Tibet is not something they conspired to do. Unless the Tibetan elite orchestrated the Chinese invasion in their homeland so the monks would be forced to leave and spread the buddhist message to the West ofcourse (I think not).

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Buddhists are kind of cool as religous freaks go and I like the zen aspects..

as far as perverted, I'm still with The Hindus and the Tantra things personally... way out class the Buddhists in the pervert department.

personally, bringing se into religion is a good thing, screw these nutty religons with thier... celibacy crud.

My personal religous philosophyy on the sex subject is " g-d gave me a d*& he must want me to use it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
this post is amazingly ignorant.
buddhism is hardly a religion, it is more like a philosophy of life. of course, a lot of people take it as a religion.

christianity and islam have done far, far, far worse things than buddhism ever has. when is the last time buddhists started a crusade? not to mention buddhism is the only "religion" i know of that keeps an open mind. buddha specifically said not to believe anything he says out of respect or faith - but to only believe it when personal experience supports it.

buddhism is not a forced religion in india. you're talking about a country with DOZENS of major religions all having strong presences, where hinduism is far more influential and widespread than buddhism.

and the whole notion of buddhist monks running a conspiracy to dominate the western world is downright laughable. buddhism is not a religion that forcibly expands itself the way christianity does. buddhism preaches tolerance. also, why would they have any interest in the west, when they could try to dominate china? its just as powerful as the US right now, will be more so within 50 years, and already has a long history with buddhism.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join