It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Conspiracy For World Perversion

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
As for Judaism 'idolizing their land'. No, thats not idolatry. The land itself isnt worshipped, but G-ds association with it. G-d is called the "G-d of ISRAEL". Israel itself refers to a very lofty concept. It refers to the proximity of the created soul to their source and creator. Physically, on this planet, the land of Israel is that spot. Its the 'naval' of the world.

As for their worship of the Temple. Again, the temple is the 'house of G-d'. Everyone of these aspects are for the clear honor of G-d. And most of all, none of them are human images - which is what buddhism and christianity are guilty of.

As for the Western wall. The west in Kabbalistic thought is the Shekinah. The East, is the source, G-d. Thus, when G-d exiled the Jews, he essentially exiled them from his presence in this world. All he left them with, was his indwelling presence, the Shekinah (G-ds presence within the world, but not his 'surrounding light', which is the miraculous name of YHVH. This is why Jews are prohibitted from pronouncing this holy name until the coming off moshiach). Thus, amazingly, the only standing portion of the 2nd temple is the western wall. Which Jews turn to, not as an idolatrous worship of the shekinah, but as a way to turn to G-D himself, who exiled his shekinah with the Jews when the temples were destroyed and Israel sinned against G-d.

To just clear the confusion. i explainec earlier how g-d is both in this world, and beyond it. his presence in the world, is natural. The Shekinah is the source of created existence, IN this world. Whereas G-d himself, the infinite, remains outside.

Only through human beings overcoming their OWN nature, can G-ds essential name, YHVH become revealed in this world, and mankind freed from the slavery of egypt ( = Mitrayim, is similar to mitzarim, which means limitations). The shekinah is that little bit of G-d still in this world. And its that part which Jews connect with when they turn to the Western wall; but the idea is simply as a mediary. Jews do not worship the wall itself, they only consider it holy because G-d himself has associated himself with it.

edit on 1-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I thoroughly reject your proposed ideas, you can't say that one group of Buddhists is responsible for the entire religion sir or madam. That's like accusing the Pope of conspiring to molest children because of misguided Catholic priests.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I think you have hijacked this post to be a salesman for Judaism. It was originally about Buddhism trying to pervert the world. It is obviously lacking even within the Jewish community, judging by all the non-secular, non-believing people who call themselves Jews.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Again, do not pick one thing out just to blast Buddhism on. Buddha never said idolize me and build statues of me, in fact he remained a begger and homeless his entire life after his enlightenment, but still people could not help themselves in doing so. Just as Christians build massive Church's, carry crosses, and idolize Jesus even though he said not to. Just as Jews have idolized their "sacred holy home land", the Temple in Jerusalem, and the "Western Wall" even though their only true path to God is through the story's and laws of the Torah and practice there of.

There wasnt a time in the last two thousand years, where the exiled Jews of the diaspore didnt wake up, turn towards Jerusalem, the holy mount, and pray to G-d. They did this 3 times a day, and people have the heartlessness to refuse them the right to return to a land where they had 2 kingdoms, lasting over a thousand years.

One thing i truly was touched about Judaism was its sincerity, and simplicity. Theyre not like muslims who are on the whole violent and seek to kill one another (see the #'e, Suffi issues) or christianity with their protestant/catholic issues. Jews truly, and ardently seek peace, within their own communities first, and than with others.

I dont think Jews should change their beliefs. Of course, Jews have always integrated aspects of foreign cultures which they lived in, but only the good parts which they saw as having true worth and value. But not their spirituality, or philosophy. Thats their Torah and Judaism. Thats what this week is about - Haunukah. The Jewish souls rebellion and overcoming of the mentality and philosophy of the western world - symbolized by the Greeks. In Hasmonean times, the greeks saught to inflitrate and contiminate Judaism. They eventually passed a law saying Jews couldnt circumcize their children, or keep Shabbat, or study Torah. They essentially prohibitted Torah, and Judaism. This is how tyrannical and evil the greeks were, and honestly, any G-d fearing person, whether Jewish, Christian or muslim, or some other belief, if they despise the western atheistic, despotic mentality, will also have much respect for the holy day of Haunukah, where the light of Truth overcome the falseness of the western mentality. with its secularism and separation between religious life and social life.

Im not Jewish, but i have an immense respect for Judaism, its philosophy, its sincerity and their simple love and honor for the one G-d, whom they believe in the core of their very being, has protected and guided them throughout the generations, despite the incredible odds against them.

If you want to discover the real depths of Judaism, you should read into Kabbalah and Chaddisut.

I have a collection of books dn this subject of around 100, and i look forward to buy and learn more about it everyday. It gives me such Joy.

I love all religions and all peace loving people. But im also educated to some degree in other beliefs systems. Particularly gnosticism (christianity) and a little bit of eastern thought (ive read atleast 30 book on various Eastern subjects/philosophy) so i have the gist of what they believe. And, i think Judaism is much more general, and thus has a wider look at the world, than Easterners do. An oft used excuse for why Judaism is wrong is because its a 'belief'. But that can be thrown right back. Youre acceptance of everything as it is is also a belief. A natural one. Whereas Judaisms belief is a supernatural one. Torah, its said, is the blue print of reality. If you want to look at it deeper; Torah is the world that doesnt YET exist, but which a spiritual blueprint, in the form of the Hebrew Torah, has been prepared. And now its only awaiting the messianic era for this natural world to be prepared and accept this higher level - Torah. Torah itself means instruction.

Sounds like a strange idea? But once you study it, and realize how incredibly supernatural it is, you will be forced not only to believe it, but passionately defend its merit.
edit on 1-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Well again I am happy you like it. One thing I would say though is, that many people, cultures and groups have been displaced, or forced out of their "home land" and murdered for their race, ethnicity, and beliefs, but they haven't continuously went to war to reclaim 'their land', instead they have adapted, did the best they could and 'went with the flow' and succeeded in doing so. Look at America, it is the prime example of a whole bunch of different types of people who have went through this. So sometimes it disturbs me that they (Jews) are doing the same thing to the Palestinians as was done to them, especially when it is also the Palestinians 'home land' as well. Not to mention that it wasn't the Palestinians who kicked them out in the first place, it was the Romans, so that just seems F'd up and hypocrytical of them to do.

Second, Jews have had the same problem of disagreements between each other as the Christians have. With the Zealots, Essenes, Pharisees, Sadducees, Reformers, mystic/kabbalah, Neo-conservatives, and now Zionists, amongst others. ( I think Zionism is doing the greatest disservice to them, but I'll save that for another time.) They may not of warred with each other like the Christians did, but their past is pretty checkered as well considering a large group who relocated to the west through Rome and Spain later brought back to the east, and to other parts of the world, their new ways of life strongly set in trade and economics which totally misrepresented Judaism in a backward manner, but still claimed they were the representation Judaism.

Third, I don't think it is fair to say Islam is inheritantly violent by nature. In fact, the Jews of the old got along with them very well and referred to them as friendly allies at one time. When the Roman empire was set on destroying all Jews of Palestine, they actually sought refuge in the Arabic lands for quite awhile and were accepted with open arms by them. It wasn't until the Christians and Muslims began to war with each other, and the Muslims took over Jerusalem from them, that the Jews and Muslims began having problems. Today, yes one might say Islam has a real problem on their hands in terms of radicalism and militant rule, but it is not fair to disregard the economic and territorial war that has been waged on them for centuries and just say they are evil.

All three groups have suffered similar fates at one point or another, and to me the only absolute bad guys in this ordeal were the Romans. However, these three also have brought much of this upon themselves by way of such strong attachment to their beliefs, whether that be of territory, prophets, laws, books, control over people... but ultimately they all were worshiping the same thing, the same God, just by a different name and maybe in a different way. That seems crazy to me, and truly saddens me. It also seems ironic that they all claim they are doing "Gods" work, and they all claim he is a loving God and wants them to bring forth a better world, but they all kill each other at the same time in "his" name. I don't know, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyways, maybe we should take this to a different thread as I hate to bump this thread continuously, especially since we are no longer even talking about Buddhism.
edit on 1-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What an interesting expose of Judeo-Christian paranoia!

Most Buddhists couldn't organise a cake stall much less a global religious conspiracy.

People are deserting Christianity because they are sick and tired of hypocracy and bitter rancour. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by ipsedixit

In religion people largely believe what they want to believe. I think Buddha was right to avoid the God question.

Well he didnt avoid it.....effectivly..he has become one.
God being -the/a being, entity, presence or object of veneration, reverence or spirital worship.
Looking at Buddhism today...thats what I see.

Thats essentially what it is.

Speaking only for myself, God isnt a religion. Where individals or religions have become God..to me they represent a false belief system and are systems of the avoidance of God - as God is. When I share about a religion or beliefs its just my experience with it Im sharing...it might not be anothers...and I can only say what it looks and sounds and felt like for me. I am on my own path, with God..so I dont know how others can worship humans or human doctrines...but thats not to say someone else hasnt figured that out too and is, regardless, finding whatever kernals of truth in that experience there is to find...where i, right now, see only self deciet and a waste of energy.

They are these things to me because for me, I do not define God. God, is. To construct and image of God or a pathway of spirital process, to me is like adding unnecessary ingrediants to an already preapred soup.

What God is or isnt to you, what individuals and religions are or arent to you - is between you and God. Its none of my business...or anyone elses. What you feel is mans purpose, is also, a private matter between you and God. Personally, I dont know about Gods purpose for everyone. I know only His will for me...even then, I only hear that and can do that will on good 'head' days when I am not trying to be or play God....

ymmv

Rosha

edit on 2-12-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

I think you have hijacked this post to be a salesman for Judaism. It was originally about Buddhism trying to pervert the world. It is obviously lacking even within the Jewish community, judging by all the non-secular, non-believing people who call themselves Jews.

Im sorry. Your post didnt make a shred of sense.

Literally, read over what you wrote and explain to me how im supposed to understand.

I get you dont like me hijacking this thread, and im sorry for that. I was comparing ideas in Jewish thought relative to eastern thought and thats why it got derailed.

I think the original thesis of this thread is absurd. Buddhism somewhat underlies christian mystic theology, as well as sufism. Buddhism is merely a player, and a philosophically apart of a much wider disposition prevalent amongst the planets elite.

Buudhism on the whole is pacific, and many of its core beliefs, ostensibly fine. But i complained once already and no one has answered; Buddhism has a left hand, antinomian double. There are strains of Buddhsim which many people in this country would call 'satanism' (satanism is just a christianized response to Christianity) in that they engage in all sorts of strange shamanic and devilish rites which buddhisms core beliefs permit, otherwise this school of thought wouldnt carry the name "buddhism". Im guessing this mentality is derived from the buddahs, relativistic views, and hence made room for this sort of exptrapolation.

If im wrong about this, please, refute and help correct my position.
edit on 2-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Im sorry. Your post didnt make a shred of sense.

Literally, read over what you wrote and explain to me how im supposed to understand.

I get you dont like me hijacking this thread, and im sorry for that. I was comparing ideas in Jewish thought relative to eastern thought and thats why it got derailed.

I think the original thesis of this thread is absurd. Buddhism somewhat underlies christian mystic theology, as well as sufism. Buddhism is merely a player, and a philosophically apart of a much wider disposition prevalent amongst the planets elite.

Buudhism on the whole is pacific, and many of its core beliefs, ostensibly fine. But i complained once already and no one has answered; Buddhism has a left hand, antinomian double. There are strains of Buddhsim which many people in this country would call 'satanism' (satanism is just a christianized response to Christianity) in that they engage in all sorts of strange shamanic and devilish rites which buddhisms core beliefs permit, otherwise this school of thought wouldnt carry the name "buddhism". Im guessing this mentality is derived from the buddahs, relativistic views, and hence made room for this sort of exptrapolation.

Satanism is a sect of Christianity, which is a sect of Judaism. Judaism is a combination of Middle Eastern religions including sun worship. Nothing in it is original. Stories are all stolen from others, even the story of Moses. It is the height of egotism and racism to believe you are God's chosen people and a total failure. Judaism has a dark side that you are not talking about. This includes human sacrifice, Baal, and Molech worship.
Buddhism in its simplest form is about stopping suffering, not the worship of any Gods.
edit on 2-12-2010 by BillfromCovina because: grammar

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Buddhism somewhat underlies christian mystic theology, as well as sufism. Buddhism is merely a player, and a philosophically apart of a much wider disposition prevalent amongst the planets elite.

What? Im confused...wait or maybe your confused. A left hand? Santanism? Shamanic and devilish rites? Disposition prevalent amongst the planets elite? Christian mystic theology? You lost me...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Buddhism somewhat underlies christian mystic theology, as well as sufism. Buddhism is merely a player, and a philosophically apart of a much wider disposition prevalent amongst the planets elite.

What? Im confused...wait or maybe your confused. A left hand? Santanism? Shamanic and devilish rites? Disposition prevalent amongst the planets elite? Christian mystic theology? You lost me...

Christian mystic theology = Gnosticism. within Gnostic, and pretty much greek esoteric thought you find many parallel ideas to Hinduism, and thus buddhism.

Satanism in the west is just a romantisized form of Tantra. Christians often imagine it in the same terms in which they understand their religion. Ie; in a non philosophical manner.

Left hand as opposed to right hand refers to a different mentality. The left is associated with destruction, evil, and essentially immorality. In hinduism you find this philosophy particularly relevant in the worship of Kali.

As a buddhist i take it your familiar with these associations. Everything can be reduced to either a manifestation of the right - creation, good, growth, or the left - Destruction, evil, disintegration. In the mystical theology, the left is also associated with the 'void' which is the root of destruction, evil etc.

The assertion that buddhism is all about 'getting rid of suffering' does not imply anything moral about Buddhism. Getting rid of sufferring is also the aim of Hinduism and many other religious philosophies.

For instance, in Jungian psychology - which attempts to explain gnosticism in terms of modern psychology, overcoming sufferring is aswell its main aim. Perhaps not in the conventional manner of rooting out desire. Gnosticism overcomes suffering by integrating, and accepting evil and sufferring as as essential part of ones being. In Paradise lost, Miltons make allusion to this philosophy when Satan says "i will make suffering, my pleasure". In other words, Suffering, taken as natural, and equal, to pleasure. It is just the other side of the coin. There are actually many members here at ATS who have this philosophy, whether as gnostics or theistic satanists. Therefore, one doesnt shirk and avoid the negative in his life, but perceives it as a balancing factor. In this mystic theology, Evil doesnt exist. Negative behavior, doesnt exist. The only 'morality' is whether or not one acts with consciousness. In fact, its deemed "evil" to reject what Jung termed "the dark god" - which is a symbol for the evil inclination. One has to be 'balanced' by essentially relinquishing his animal desires, to his body, and his spiritual aspirations, to his philosophical mind. Both aspects are therefore quenched, and exist within a wider idea, called 'the self', which is cognate to the Hindu Atman and Eastern Tao.. In fact, Alice Bailey, the theosophist, once said that the Jewish peoples suffering and persecution throughout the ages is because of a negative Karma theyve built up because of their rejection of the feminine. Because they have rejected 'the great mother', and therefore repressed her manifestation in their collective psyche, she has ignited the anger and hate of other peoples in order to punish them.

This strain of thought aswell exists in Buddhism, And Sufism (Islams mystical tradition), as can be seen in the poetry of Rumi.. And this is what ive been referring to. This zen buddhism popularized in the West is fine and dandy. However, it doesnt go very deeply into the different strains of thought within buddihsm, which are particularly popular in Tibetan buddhism. No. They sort of 'trap' you into its good aspects, without teaching the implications and 'therefore' aspect of what it means.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

"Left hand as opposed to right hand refers to a different mentality. The left is associated with destruction, evil, and essentially immorality. In hinduism you find this philosophy particularly relevant in the worship of Kali. "

Completely wrong because you are conflating left hand with evil and misrepresenting everything.

Left hand and right hand with regards to tantric practices relates to the ritual position of the woman in the kaula or puja circle. In the left hand side the woman is expected to take part in the physical act of sexual intercourse whereas in the right hand path the woman is and her male partner is expected to perform a symbolic act of intercourse. With consenting and informed adults there is no notion of evil automatically attribute to righ tor left hand. Put it another way A magician can invoke and angel or a demon to cause harm.

Evil and destruction exist outside of the notion of left hand and right hand tantra ( where the entire concept of LH and RH originated). Look at the expected outcome to ascertain what is evil.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

"Left hand as opposed to right hand refers to a different mentality. The left is associated with destruction, evil, and essentially immorality. In hinduism you find this philosophy particularly relevant in the worship of Kali. "

Completely wrong because you are conflating left hand with evil and misrepresenting everything.

Left hand and right hand with regards to tantric practices relates to the ritual position of the woman in the kaula or puja circle. In the left hand side the woman is expected to take part in the physical act of sexual intercourse whereas in the right hand path the woman is and her male partner is expected to perform a symbolic act of intercourse. With consenting and informed adults there is no notion of evil automatically attribute to righ tor left hand. Put it another way A magician can invoke and angel or a demon to cause harm.

Evil and destruction exist outside of the notion of left hand and right hand tantra ( where the entire concept of LH and RH originated). Look at the expected outcome to ascertain what is evil.

Maybe thats how its rationalized in Hinduism.

Basically, even motives can be considered right or left. If they seek to benefit and help, in a positive way, its 'right'. If its selfish, and egotistical, it'll be considered left.

I wasnt referring to the technical positions in meditation or in ritual or in statues. Left can essentially be identiefied with Tantra, in general. Any self motivating rite, or shamaic practice, is in my opinion, as well as Kabbalah/Judaisms, "Left" and therefore evil. Of course there are varying degress of evil, just as there are varying degrees of Good. Both sides reflect each other.

Hinduism, as well as Buddhism, have aspects which indulge in the material, and sensual. Maybe this is something more present in Hinduism, im not completely certain, In any case, this was a practice prevalent throughout the ancient pagan world - In Egypt, Babylon and especially popular in Asia Minor and Greece (see Bacchus, Dionysus, Liber, Pan, Hermes etc). Pretty much everywhere in the pagan world, this was practiced. And this is what Judaism, and the Bible, refers to idolatry, and improper.

Anyways, most of the time the bible is misrepresented, whereas pagan, eastern views are glorified. The Truth is, buddhism/hinduism/taosim is moral relativism.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well if you are biased in support of the Abrahamic religions then yes you would find ancient pagans a bunch of idolaters and even wierdos. However to return to the OP Buddhist prspectives have been recently proven to lead to feeling or well being and actuall changes in brain function. The Dalai Lama is one of the few religious people that I would lay down my life for as he really has the potential to transform global thinking in a way that I can't. Natually he would be very upset to readthis post so don't tell him.

I get a bit annoyed about this right hand left hand stuff because my grandmother was habitually beaten at school because she was born left handed. Such ignorance is appalling.

Many Xtians lament the passing of the time when they could insult other religions with abandon. I don't think Xtians are oppressed in trhe West.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Well if you are biased in support of the Abrahamic religions then yes you would find ancient pagans a bunch of idolaters and even wierdos. However to return to the OP Buddhist prspectives have been recently proven to lead to feeling or well being and actuall changes in brain function. The Dalai Lama is one of the few religious people that I would lay down my life for as he really has the potential to transform global thinking in a way that I can't. Natually he would be very upset to readthis post so don't tell him.

I get a bit annoyed about this right hand left hand stuff because my grandmother was habitually beaten at school because she was born left handed. Such ignorance is appalling.

Many Xtians lament the passing of the time when they could insult other religions with abandon. I don't think Xtians are oppressed in trhe West.

Well beating someone cause their left handed is completely idiotic. And thats something done in christian communities, but definitely not in Judaism. Thats a whole nother thing. Judaism has actually very little in common, with Christianity. So for the rest of this conversation, of for future notice, keep that in mind. Christianity can be irrational, paranoid and a mockey of Judaism..

I said the left is the Root of evil, its not evil in itself.

For instance, in Kabbalistic thought, evil, is rooted in Fear, and Good, in Love. These are the two main vectors in creation.

In a deeper sense. The left is responsible for the void, and the right for creation. This dualism must exist in order for creation to even exist; otherwise everything would be infinite. The Left brought about the concept of finitude, and limitation, and this was needed in order for a created being with self consciousness to exist. Thus, everything 'contracted' is left. Conversely, expansion is right. Growth, love, kindness; these are emotions and phenomena which create an expansion in consciousness and in reality in general.

So basically, the rectification (called tikkun) of Evil, is for people to Fear G-d. Fear is necessary because ultimately, what are we without our source? G-d is all of existence, and all existence exists within him. So its proper that we experience some manner of Fear of G-d. There are two levels of fear. Fear for ones wellbeing - this is a lower level of fear; and Awe - a higher level of fear.. "Yirah" impies awe, and so it forms the beginning of the word Yerushalayim (Jerusalem in Hebrew). Shalem, the last part of the word, means "complete". Therefore, in order to be close to G-d (The temple mount is in Jerusalem, the holy city) one must be in complete awe of G-d. This awe is an awareness of G-ds power. Imagine that awe of created being, experiencing its source and creator... Should that not leave one in Awe of him?

Apparently this idea doesnt appeal to many people. But to me, as a gentile, i find it incredibly deep and meaningful. Unlike Christianity, fear of G-d isnt looked at something that is bad. And the fear itself isnt meant to cripple, and leave one constantly guilt ridden. The fear is to motivate you towards action and spiritual growth..

But ultimately, the Fear should be based (as it appears in the kabbalistic tree of life. Gevurah, derives from Chesed, and so is only there to temper it, which manifests as a harmonizing sphere called tiferet) on a very strong love for G-d, and thus all his creations.

Thats what Left ultimately means.

Were created in he divine form, and everything in our physical body alludes to some spiritual counterpart in G-ds "image" which refers to Adam Kadmon. Mans purpose is to reflect G-ds image, the higher Adam, here on Earth. By doing so we transform the very nature of the body and this world in itself.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Now this is getting interesting. In QBL evil is rooted in unbalanced forces. If you practice unbalanced goodness it becomes evil to you as a person. Right and left are metaphors for severity and mercy (hint look at the pillars).

The void more relates to the role of the false sephira .....

I must get some sleep but will be back tomorrow.

Rgds

T

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rileytardell

Buddism and zen is just another form of kabalah. I don't think kabalah is what life it's self is about.
You are corect when stating that buddism is dangeros, it can be used as a brainwashing tool.
Acording to budism and zen life is just a river and it flows like destiny, the who timeline crap and that we have no free will, a bunch of crap of course, because we do have free will. The goal is to mass suicide for spiritual enlightment of course. How do you think they are going to get rid of the mass population. Spiritual enlightment, you get brainwashed then kill your self.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

No, No, No... Wrong, Wrong, Wrong... Nice perversion of the truth tho!

If people are concerned about different philosophies within Buddhism such as; Anatta (No Self), Samsara (cycle of rebirth), Nirvana (ultimate peace and end of samsara), Karma (law of cause and effect), Emptiness, Meditation... then we can discuss that, but do not stand on the outside looking in and throw dirt into this house because you do not like what you see. Even for those who 'say' they have studied Buddhism, pick a topic and let's discuss. No more derailing the issue at hand by propagating your own belief systems or by recklessly characterizing what Buddhism is and means, when you obviously are struggling to grasp certain concepts about its intentions.

The assumption that Buddhism propagates suicide makes no sense. In fact, if we were to do a statistical analysis of the rate of suicide in Buddhism versus the three Abrahamic religions, Buddhism would trail behind so far that one might say they don't even register on the pie chart.

Buddhism deals with the problem of suffering directly, with no need of believing in a "higher power" or "God" to help you in doing so. It is reliant on your own power and will to transcend such a state. Buddhism merely points you in the right direction to figure out on your own how to do that. Once that is achieved, suicide is null and void as you have found true blissfulness and peace while your here on earth.

And that does give rise to morality! For the simple fact that we know all immoral things derive out of suffering, therefore once suffering is non-existent then immorality is also non-existent, meaning all that is left is morality. Very simple.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Now this is getting interesting. In QBL evil is rooted in unbalanced forces. If you practice unbalanced goodness it becomes evil to you as a person. Right and left are metaphors for severity and mercy (hint look at the pillars).

The void more relates to the role of the false sephira .....

I must get some sleep but will be back tomorrow.

Rgds

T

Its not easy talking about kabbalah. because unfortunately, many gentiles who study Kabbalah dont do so from its authentic sources; in the Zohar, Shaarey Orah, Pardes Rimonim, Etz Chaim etc. Ie; the authentic kabbalah.

What youre speaking of is the gnostic perversion which began criculating many years after Kabbalistic texts started to be printed...

Ive studied from both perspectives, and i own many books from both perspectives (majority of which are from authentic, orthodox sources). The terminology is the same. 10 sefirot, 32 gates of wisdom etc. but their interpretation of this system adheres to their gnostic philosophy.

I said evil derives from the left, and it does. From these dregs of the left is created another realm, called 'olam kelipah', which parallels the realm of tikkun (rectification). From this realm, the corruption of 'chesed' can be manifest as excessive kindness. My signature is a statement from Midrash Tanchuma which basically says, only decent people deserve mercy and sympathy. To show kindness to the cruel is initself, cruelty to the merciful.

The void is the first manifestation of the concept of he 'left', that is, Gevurah. The void is the 'place' made in the infinite light from which the line - the source of creation, can later on impregnate with creation. The void creates the concept of 'other', and finitude. Without the void, there simply isnt any creation - a great paradox. Many mystics understand the void as the great mother, the feminine, whereas G-d, is thought of as the masculine, line which 'creates' in the void. Therefore two roots, masculine and feminine, both looked at as essential parts.

This is a fallacy. G-ds power of creation also gives him the power to destroy. Or create the concept of destruction. Additionally, the only reason for the voids existence is not to teach us about the 'feminine' root, and thus the justification for evil, but simply to create the concept of limitation, in order to create a self conscious creature in whom G-d could share his goodness with.

Anywho. Maybe we should stay on topic. Id like to discuss some of the issues i have with Buddhism that nobody has yet come to address.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

"Anywho. Maybe we should stay on topic. Id like to discuss some of the issues i have with Buddhism that nobody has yet come to address."

Plenty of people have addressed your issues concerning your belief that Buddhism is Nihilism and your questions of why Buddhists do not believe in a God. What are some other questions you have?

edit on 2-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

Here is a story you might enjoy, or it at least might help you understand why Buddhists do not support the idea of a Creator Being.

"The Buddha told the story of a merchant, a widower, who went away in a business trip and left his little boy at home. While he was away, bandits came and burned down the whole village. When the merchant returned, he didn’t find his house, it was just a heap of ash. There was the charred body of a child close by. He threw himself on the ground and cried and cried. He beat his chest and pulled his hair. The next day, he had the little body cremated. Because his beloved son was his only reason for existence, he sewed a beautiful velvet bag and put the ashes inside. Wherever he went, he took that bag of ashes with him. Eating, sleeping, working, he always carried it with him.

In fact, his son had been kidnapped by the bandits. Three months later, the boy escaped and returned home. When he arrived, it was two o’clock in the morning. He knocked on the door of the new hose his father had built. The poor father was lying on his bed crying, holding the bag of ashes, and he asked, ‘Who is there?’ ‘It’s me, Daddy, your son.’ The father answered, ‘That’s not possible. My son is dead. I’ve cremated his body and I carry his ashes with me. You must be some naughty boy who’s trying to fool me. Go away, don’t disturb me!’ He refused to open the door, and there was no way for the little boy to come in. The boy had to go away, and the father lost his son forever.

After telling the story, the Buddha said, ‘If at some point in your life you adopt an idea or a perception as the absolute truth, you close the door of your mind. This is the end of seeking the truth. And not only do you no longer seek the truth, but even if the truth comes in person and knocks on your door, you refuse to open it. Attachment to views, attachment to ideas, attachment to perceptions are the biggest obstacle to the truth.’ "...
edit on 2-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join