It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Conspiracy For World Perversion

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rileytardell While easily fooled western conspiracy theorists rant on about the NWO, Illumnati, Zionist and Bush/Cheney conspiracies, the real - far more sinister- scheme for world domination and perversion is going on right in front of them. All this "NWO" conspiracy stuff was a set up as a diversion to the true aggressors - the evil perverted Buddhists.

I must admit that I first considered this a joke. Then I read the OP and realized that he was not joking.

Well, I sincerely hope that none of these things are the truth, but I suspect that at least some of them are.

So, what is going on here?

My guess is that it is becoming more and more obvious that the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religionists are busily inciting World War III, which will result in the slaughter of millions of people.

So, an attempt is being made to assert that it is the non-violent Buddhists which are the really evil critters on this planet; non-violent because they teach a Doctrine of 'Rebirth', a Doctrine similar to the Doctrine of "resurrection" taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed--but, obviously, NOT the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities'.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

yes indeed, the OP must be thinking of the sub sects like the NAM MYHO....(chanters),
or else the Sun Young MOONIES,
or the airport denizens known as the HARI KRISHNAs...

the worst i ever seen Buddhist Monks do was to douse themselves in gasoline & burn to death peacefully
in protest of war or other tyranny....
Monks were flaming themselves about 1 a week back in the 1970s
edit on 2-11-2010 by St Udio because: typos

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is obviously a joke, what a crazy paranoid person you are :-)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by dontreally

Hey, listen... I am not saying you don't have the right to say anything. Say what you will, all I'm saying is that yours and others posts in this thread have shown yourselves to not have a fair or full understanding of what you are giving your opinions on. I do not feel like picking apart each post and correcting people on their mistakes or misunderstandings, in fact I do not want to correct anyone, all I am saying is you should study more about what you are judging because you show serious misunderstandings of the topic. And let's not get into semantics, as you said above, about what the definition of "belief" is or the context the word is being used in.

Are there parts of Buddhism that are flawed? Are there "Bad Buddhists"? Hell yes there are.
Are there parts of Christianity that are flawed? Are there "Bad Christians"? Of course.

So what's the point in singling out any one religion and criticizing or comparing it to another? Do they not all suffer from similar problems? Do you think Buddha or Jesus would of wanted their followers to build monestary's or church's or statues in their name, or do you think they would of wanted people praying or worshiping to them? No, of course not. Yet people still do these things, and so that is a fault of mankind or religion as a whole, not just a single religion. Do not take up issue with the message just because the people who claim to follow that message are faulty. Study the message yourself and judge upon that.

I never made the thread.

Though i do find the main crux of it valid.

As a Gentile who follows Judaism, i consider an objective morality incumbent upon all of us. We all have an obligation to each other. And if theres an obligation - that is, a need to do whats right, than theres an obligator, he who defined for us what is and isnt right. In short, these laws are presented in the the Talmud and Tosefot as the 7 laws of Noach. They constitute 7 basic pricniples, restrictions and boundaries by which every human made in the image of his source is meant to follow.

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, sodomy, and bestiality.
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
6. Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4, as interpreted in the Talmud (Sanhedrin 59a)
7. Requirement to have just Laws: Do not punish by these lessons

Buddhism is often desscribed as being nihilistic. As making 'having no beliefs' a grand belief in itself, a deified rule that every being is governed by his own inner laws. This than trivializes the real world in which we live.

Conversely, Judaism has departed from this universal fascination of pagandom with the unconscious spiritual worlds and fantasy, and have imparted to mankind the will of our ineffable source. G-d requires of us to imitate him by mirroring his attributes.

Anyways. I would be interested in actually talking to someone who knows something about buddhism, as opposed to those who revere the idea popularized in the west of Buddhism and Eastern thought being western mans panacea.

This is definitely being popularized, and honestly, it shouldnt be surprising. The western elite are gnostics who still maintain the tradition of their pagan past. Whether in Greece, Rome, or Nordic, Germanic or Celtic mysticism. There has never been a point where the aristocrats of the west werent misleading their followers while they themselves practicing the 'perennial philosophy' as huxley called it, which is perhaps most evolved in Hinduism and Buddhism, which is why its been popularized in the west. Theosophy also emerged many years before the eastern ideas became popular in the west. Alice Bailey, a famous theosophist was a major figure in the early 20th century and in fact founded an organization called lucifer trust (now called lucis trust) which was based on her esoteric philosophy - as contained in her 25 books. Robert Mueller a very influential diploamt and UN undersecretary for 45 years based his philosophy on her writings.

So. Theres definitely a congruency between western and eastern thought. however, is this in the interest of us? Is their vision of the world preferable, to lets say, Judaisms?

You completely missed my point. You are continuing on in your judgmental crusade, picking apart only that which will benefit your preconceived notion of what you dislike, and severely misunderstand.

If you want to learn about something, then you ask questions about it without preconceived notions of it, then you will see it for what it is and not what you want it to be. If you merely want to ask questions only to further your preconceived opinion, then you will learn nothing, and thus you are walking in tiny circles.

Our conversation has gone nowhere...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You completely missed my point. You are continuing on in your judgmental crusade, picking apart only that which will benefit your preconceived notion of what you dislike, and severely misunderstand.

If you want to learn about something, then you ask questions about it without preconceived notions of it, then you will see it for what it is and not what you want it to be. If you merely want to ask questions only to further your preconceived opinion, then you will learn nothing, and thus you are walking in tiny circles.

Our conversation has gone nowhere...

I think having Tupac as your avatar indicates something very negative and superficial about your personality.

And where are you getting the idea that i dont know anything about Buddshism?

A very good friend of my mine is a buddhist. And ive read deeply into it. I personally own a book comparing Judaism to Buddhism (letters to a buddhist Jew) and i also own many books written by the dalai lama and other buddhist authors. Prior to my discovering Judaism, i was into buddhism, theosophy, hinduism, Taosim etc - eastern religions.

I know what i dislike about Buddhsim, and ive written fairly lucidly in my earlier posts what that is.

Go look up the word antinomian. I dont think you understand what it means
Antinomian - particularly a term associated with gnosticism, but also meaning

1. One who maintains that, under the gospel dispensation, the moral law is of no use or obligation, but that faith alone is necessary to salvation. The sect of Antinomians originated with Johannes Agricola, in Germany, about the year 1535.

2. rejecting fixed moral laws: refusing to accept established moral laws that apply to everybody

Understand? Antinomianism is an essential tenet of buddhism. Some fully accept a 'moral law' that is relative, that everyone has their own particular tastes and distates, and therefore their own peculier gauge of whats right or wrong. Im not saying all buddhism promotes hendonism, or negative behavior. Different schools, different outlooks. but the point and essence is - ANYONE CAN DO WHATEVER HE PLEASES. Wherever his heart leads him he goes. Whether that means embracing an antinomianism, or embracing a strict moral code. A buddhist will respect and tolerate people of different views because the kernal of their philosophy is a moral relativism.
edit on 2-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Military regime with the influence of the Buddhism, who supposed to be saints but in reality corrupt and having the habits of sexual assault to our young ladies and women.

Everyone knows Buddhists are non-violent, and furthermore Buddhist monks take an extreme vow of celibacy, so if someone is engaged in perversions, they are not a real Buddhist. To blame all of Buddhism on perverted people claiming to be Buddhists is like blaming the American people because their government does shady things in their name.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rileytardell
The same way all cults operate they offer acceptance and in the west often Sex. poeple are looking for answers and their peace and harmony schtick sounds good...

Well perhaps you would care to explain how you were indoctrinated into the cult?

Well, I was pretty young, and it was California in the 1970's. My mom was kind of a looker, and recently divorced. I think she felt that I needed a strong male influence, so she took me down to the "church." My conversion process was slow and painful. I was told over and over how to dress, speak, think and act in public and in private life. I was told that god was always watching me. Later -- I was physically and emotionally abused by teachers and other cult leaders. By the time I was 16 I couldn't look at a girl my own age without feeling shame, embarrassment and fear for my immortal soul. It was horrible.

But then I graduated, and moved out on my own. I resolved to never again participate or take part in cult activities. On the day of my 19th birthday, I became an ex-presbyterian, and I never looked back.

How did you get sucked into your cult?
edit on 2-11-2010 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I think having Tupac as your avatar indicates something very negative and superficial about your personality.

Thanks! I think that line pretty much summed up the point I was trying to make in the past two posts! (Head) - (Brickwall)...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thanks! I think that line pretty much summed up the point I was trying to make in the past two posts! (Head) - (Brickwall)...

It may seem like a superficial point, but it is relevant.

Tupac was no revolutionary mind. There are millions of people who were more revolutionary and greater examples of integrity and virtue, than Tupac.

I get it. The whole 'gangsta look' and being cool thing is what youre attracted to.

Its this very persona and archetype which prevents true spiritual growth and thus real honesty in conversation.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

It may seem like a superficial point, but it is relevant.

Tupac was no revolutionary mind. There are millions of people who were more revolutionary and greater examples of integrity and virtue, than Tupac.

I get it. The whole 'gangsta look' and being cool thing is what youre attracted to.

Its this very persona and archetype which prevents true spiritual growth and thus real honesty in conversation.

Look, I only came to this thread to offer a few words of wisdom, as I noticed some people (including yourself) were blatantly misrepresenting an entire group consisting of hundreds of millions of people. I see now I have been lured into a hate filled thread, so I take responsibility and will leave quietly.

PS. Tupac was a revolutionary mind, and a leader for millions of inner city youth who were/are trapped in places I am sure you cannot imagine. In the face of unjust laws, social persecution and ultimately death, he stood up for these people when no one else would and told their story to the world. But go ahead and keep judging things you know nothing about!

21 years old:

edit on 3-11-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now that they have perverted the world, I wonder what the Buddhists will do next?

I know. Double park their SUVs.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think some of the Judea-Christian religions are realizing that they aren't as well suited for modernity as Buddhism. Buddhism is flexible enough to accept science and even encourage rational discussions...Christianity and other religions based on a personal god are often too static and their doctrines start to contradict science. Slowly, they are hemorrhaging member (as Gallup stats show), in a large part due to people seeing some of the more irrational stances of religion as they learn more about science. Buddhism encourages accepting rationality and logic and not let old doctrines contradict reality as we perceive it...at least Tibetan Buddhism does.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The post by the OP is the sickest most perverted idea I have come across since I joined ATS.

I wonder does the OP worry about slandering a whole group of people.

Even if there were a group of “Buddhist” doing what you say doesn’t justify damming all of the decent pious sincere followers of the Buddha.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Somebody on here mentioned that Buddhist monks shouldn't be having sex.

They are only required to be celebate only when in their community. When they go off site, it isn't an offense.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Military regime with the influence of the Buddhism, who supposed to be saints but in reality corrupt and having the habits of sexual assault to our young ladies and women.

Everyone knows Buddhists are non-violent, and furthermore Buddhist monks take an extreme vow of celibacy, so if someone is engaged in perversions, they are not a real Buddhist. To blame all of Buddhism on perverted people claiming to be Buddhists is like blaming the American people because their government does shady things in their name.

What "everyone knows" is in error.

www.dharma.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

They are only required to be celebate only when in their community. When they go off site, it isn't an offense.

Aeon, you have a misunderstanding. Monks do take a vow of celibacy while a monk. This to, depends on the type of Buddhism. While in their community means while a monk. Some monks have not taken the final vows and may only be monks for a few months. Monks are not allowed to go out in town and have sex. Originally there were no temples and the monks just roamed. They taught and begged for food. Being in a community means being a monk. Sexual misconduct for regular Buddhists means adultery, using people for sex, sexual addiction, and sex with children. Buddhists are not supposed to have sex with people who are under the care of their parents. Some may become a monk with wrong understanding and yes some do break the rules. To understand the proper way to behave you need to follow up on the Eight-fold path. This is part of the four noble truths. This also covers your link to nonviolence and is more important than stories attributed to Buddha. A soldier who kills will have Karma directed back at him. A basic type would be PTSD and guilt.
edit on 26-11-2010 by BillfromCovina because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

Aeon, you have a misunderstanding. Monks do take a vow of celibacy while a monk. This to, depends on the type of Buddhism. While in their community means while a monk. Some monks have not taken the final vows and may only be monks for a few months. Monks are not allowed to go out in town and have sex. Originally there were no temples and the monks just roamed. They taught and begged for food. Being in a community means being a monk. Sexual misconduct for regular Buddhists means adultery, using people for sex, sexual addiction, and sex with children. Buddhists are not supposed to have sex with people who are under the care of their parents. Some may become a monk with wrong understanding and yes some do break the rules. To understand the proper way to behave you need to follow up on the Eight-fold path. This is part of the four noble truths. This also covers your link to nonviolence and is more important than stories attributed to Buddha. A soldier who kills will have Karma directed back at him. A basic type would be PTSD and guilt.
edit on 26-11-2010 by BillfromCovina because: spelling

There are documentaries with Buddhist monks stating that if they go off-site - like say to go shopping - they can and do participate in sex and if they do they purchase the services of prostitutes. If those prostitutes are young, well they aren't under the care of any parent anyway. These men do not give up being a monk, and like a mini-vacation they travel back to their communities no harm no foul.

Too bad the one set of interviews I saw on this was so many years ago - I doubt it's online anywhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Do buddhist monks also not marry?

But in some cultures, they do.

www.time.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As for the supposed equality of genders found in Buddhism, like the supposed equality found in many religions and philosophies it is quite lacking.

Why is it that it is consider bad karma that makes you born a woman? If you have better karma, you are born a man. People really think this is not an indication of the essential view of male superiority?

As for the pure "non-violence" "pacifist" angle - I assume everyone here has heard of the Samurai. Buddhist.

Those guys that bombed Pearl Harbour - Buddhists.
edit on 2010/11/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

There are documentaries with Buddhist monks stating that if they go off-site - like say to go shopping - they can and do participate in sex and if they do they purchase the services of prostitutes. If those prostitutes are young, well they aren't under the care of any parent anyway. These men do not give up being a monk, and like a mini-vacation they travel back to their communities no harm no foul.

Too bad the one set of interviews I saw on this was so many years ago - I doubt it's online anywhere.

Aeon, I am sure there are. Some monks become monks for the wrong reason and only for a short time. Some people become monks for a short time to help wipe out the bad karma of their parents. If a monk is caught he is supposed to be kicked out of the community. I don't doubt even abbots will do wrong and became monks for the wrong reason. There are a strict set of rules for a monk. They all may not follow them. Some monks will not even touch money.

There are 4 rules that if a monk violates he is no longer considered a bhikkhu: sexual intercourse, murder, major theft, and falsely claiming supernatural abilities. This is in Theravada Buddhism. These are called the four defeaters. There is a difference between a novice and a bhikkhu. Novice monks are also not supposed to break these rules either while a monk. There are many more rules but these are supposed to automatically expel you. Yes, people will break the rules.

Here is a link to many free books on Buddhism.www.buddhanet.net...
Look for the book "bhkkrule.pdf" this has many of the rules.
Many books also on basic morality in Buddhism for those who are inquisitive.
edit on 27-11-2010 by BillfromCovina because: sentence frag

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join