It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Conspiracy For World Perversion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rileytardell

Buddhism is not about accepting your suffering, it is about transcending your suffering.

To live is to suffer
To suffer is caused by desire
To transcend desire is to follow the middle path
the middle path between both extremes of pleasure and pain, is the way to the end of suffering.

Buddhism is essentially moderationism in all things, with a culmination of peace of mind.

The Buddha is like a doctor, who cures the sick. It is not about accepting suffering, it is about changing yourself so you do not continue to suffer by falling into the same type of karmic traps.

I am indifferent to the Dalai Lama

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

how sweet.. yet you completely ignore my previous posts where I actually SAY that bumping this thread causes me suffering? how very buddhist of you.. or should I just transcend it despite making an appeal to ATS members not to bump this? You post is saturated in hypocricey.

The member you are responding to has in fact been banned for some time so won't be reading you anyway. You keep responding to him yet I find it unlikely that you did not know this given the dramas were already explained in great detail on the previous page.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by riley]

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Fri May 14 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There may be a Jesuit influence in this somewhere. The Jesuits rushed to Asia soon after they where founded. Don't discount a more global conspiracy behind the Buddhist manipulations.

Buddhism falls into the general category of dead religions that are really little more than money making scams. It someone practicing Buddhism or Catholicism or is a Sikh or Muslim, actually attains some spiritual capacity it will be a result of their own internal spiritual status and it will be quite limited. Tibetan Buddhism certainly was about making a living and keeping people committed to funding them. Similar to how Catholicism uses confession to create a dependency, Buddhism creates it by having families submit a child to become a monk. The problem isn't with the defined ideals of the "faith" but with the fact that these are really just ordinary people who not only become indoctrinated but become dependent. All the old religions are maintained by ordinary people who are nothing more than book learned. They are all going through their karma and they can't escape their true condition and underlying nature with words or how they act in public. Inside, if they have strong desires needing to be gratified, they will find a way to do so.

The real mistake is in seeing any of these, so called paths, as being truly viable sources of spiritual opportunity. The spiritual opportunity has always come from the living master, an individual. Organization that appoint priest classes end up being obligated to cover up for their true nature. The priest is the salesman for the organization.

Talk is cheap and marketing is easy, and these people find themselves in positions of power, influence and opportunity. Insincerity and hypocrisy are the order of the day. It is reflected in all manner of abuse. Power tends to corrupt, after all. Corrupt meaning that with power and opportunity, an individual finds a greater range of options to express the evils lurking in their mind.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Great Roman thinkers warned against boxing idea's. They said that it would ultimately destroy us all. Christianity, Buddhism, Zazen.. Mom, Dad, Teacher, Mayor.... Red, Blue, Green...

The tao that can be told is not the eternal tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name.

"The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
Names are the birth of ten thousand things.

Beauty only exists because of ugly.
Up compliments down.

-Lao Tzu"

The key to creating a better world lies within the thinking process. Genetically we would change quickly and develop inate abilities that can't even be dreamed. A society built on the principles of consumption and so forth will not survive. A society with an open mind will realize the infinate

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Nazi connection is well documented. Hitler had 1000 Tibetan monks mediating around the clock to keep his portal to the demonic realm open. The Russians found them all shot to death when they invaded Berlin. The SS thought that some of the original Arians were in the Tibet mountains.

Many high-ranking members of the Nazi regime, including Hitler, but especially Himmler and Hess, held convoluted occult beliefs. Prompted by those beliefs, the Germans sent an official expedition to Tibet between 1938 and 1939 at the invitation of the Tibetan Government to attend the Losar (New Year) celebrations.

www.berzinarchives.com...

Open yourself wide to the spiritual dimension and completely let down your defenses... Seems to me like Buddhist mediation is just an elaborate way to offer yourself up to be demon possessed. Man's problem isn't suffering , it's sin.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I for one am not a Buddhist. I practice Zen, nothing more. Zen cannot be put in words, it follows no leader, it does not prescribe to any theories, theologies, or gods. It is not a religion, a way of life, or a practice. It is not you, me, or anyone else. It is not something, and it is not nothing.

If it must be put in words, I like the guy who said:
Zen is a dried turd!

Then again, I despise all religions as religions, simply because they are always corrupted by men (and woman) for political, economical, and sociological advantages. Of course, that is the game some play, and as such, so be it. As for me, who is not me, but I, (as in the universal I) am amused by the world in it's state, for it is I who created it, and have also awoken from it, only to be a part of it, in abstention thereof.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i was always raised to believe that every living thing has a soul. as for my religous beliefs in buddism, shinto and bushido, i believe i'm talking to a wall.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rileytardell

Pot, meet kettle. Which is blacker? Pot or kettle?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Oh, no, their plan is to spread peace and harmony...those evil evil hippies. And they don't worship God either, omgomgomg!!

This thread has to be THE most ridiculous thread of the week. I mean, I'm agnostic, so I normally jump at the opportunity to disprove and bash religions for what they are...a means to control the masses...but Buddhism is probably the last religion I'd attack

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
The Nazi connection is well documented. Hitler had 1000 Tibetan monks mediating around the clock to keep his portal to the demonic realm open. The Russians found them all shot to death when they invaded Berlin. The SS thought that some of the original Arians were in the Tibet mountains.

Many high-ranking members of the Nazi regime, including Hitler, but especially Himmler and Hess, held convoluted occult beliefs. Prompted by those beliefs, the Germans sent an official expedition to Tibet between 1938 and 1939 at the invitation of the Tibetan Government to attend the Losar (New Year) celebrations.

www.berzinarchives.com...

Open yourself wide to the spiritual dimension and completely let down your defenses... Seems to me like Buddhist mediation is just an elaborate way to offer yourself up to be demon possessed. Man's problem isn't suffering , it's sin.

Actually, Hitler was Christian...and always stated that Christianity is the basis of the German state. Some Nazis believed in the occult, but so do many other persons.

Which religion gets along best with science because it doesn't require followers to disregard facts and logic? Buddhism!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hitler was christian?
Partly?
Jews in Isreal who watch the suffering in Palestine are Jewish?
Partly?
Buddhists that are less than pure are Buddhists?
partly?
I say we are all partly human.
Buddism is about understanding the self entitrley?
No one can be God.
But we can all submit to truth.
But that is the stumble block.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Myanmar is a MILITARY DICTATORSHIP. It has NOTHING to do with Buddhism that they are so brutal, in fact, it was the BUDDHIST monks who opposed the dictatorship several times in the past...and they paid dearly for it.

Go visit a history class before talking so much bull#.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Actually, Hitler was Christian...and always stated that Christianity is the basis of the German state. Some Nazis believed in the occult, but so do many other persons.

This is a common canard. He said he was for political expediency but he was in no way a Christian. Jesus was a Jew! Christians worship Jesus. How is that coherent with Nazism? It's not.

His real views came out later:

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity...."

"Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse...."

"...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little....

"Christianity the liar...."

"We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State."

Hitler's Table Talk, London, Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 1953,p 49-52.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rileytardell
The Dalai Lama is a theocratic dictator who uses religion to justify a classist, sexist, and ignorant way of life.

If this were true, how would this be different than any other key figure in organized religion today?

Buddhism is more of an ideal way of life than it is an actual religion. No supernatural deity to kill in the name of. Aversion to worldly possessions. Base of the philosophy is violence begets violence.

If you have issues with the Dali Lama then base your conspiracy on him. Don't base it on the religious ideals. I'm sure Christians wouldn't like being labeled along the same lines as Jim Jones.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The reason you have sexual tourism in Thailand and other poor countries is because you have rich westerners raised in Christianity and have a warped view of sexuality. You forgot to mention Mexico and all the good christian men going over there for sexual tourism. The religious group most likely to rape good christian women are christian men, especially pastors. I really shouldn't have to mention the Catholic church. When you view sexuality as wrong, dirty and evil, you are going to have problems. Nothing wrong with sex. It is part of being human.

I believe Buddhism tries to teach responsibility and empathy for others. If you care about others you do not want to take advantage or use them. There are many flavors of Buddhism and followers are on different levels in their spiritual evolution. Christianity teaches that you are saved by your belief and all is forgiven. Buddhism, in my opinion, is more spiritual and more responsible.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ooh yes how evil buddhism is. Promoting self awareness living in harmony with animals and man is such an evil sin it must be stopped. BTW By your definition Jesus must also be evil and a pervert because buddhism is what Jesus taught people and most Christian scholars know this....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
True Buddhism teaches the way to end suffering. Guru Buddhism teaches material pleasures. If there is a Buddhist conspiracy it is most likely controlled by the same NWO power, otherwise how do you have non-violent buddhists (which teach the army about eating tofu, having sex, and otherwise being weak) with a army powerful enough to control the whitehouse, I guess if they do it non-violently, that would be interesting, perhaps not perfect, but would it be better or worse than through wars?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
[x] Use of crappy sources: blogs & persecution blog
[x] Blatantly racist
[x] Idiotic thread
[ ] OP understands Buddhism

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rileytardell

Since the 1960's the Buddhists have been invading America's west coast, slowly taking over the drug addelled minds of hippies, liberals and the always gullible atheist.

Okay, unless you are talking about Zen Master Rama, or as I call him Zen Master Douchebag, you have a point. But other than that, I can't think of any famous and deadly Buddhist gurus. There were the Jonestown Christians and other cult leaders, although to their credit I think the government was in on that. But as for Buddhist gurus invading the west coast, that's hard to believe. Now if you were talking about Hari Krishnas, you'd have a point, because His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada did convert millions of Hari Krishnas all over the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join