It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Brainwash the Masses - aka- Positive Conditioning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Our government (applies to any) relies on the fact that most people will go ago; with whatever. They know most people value COMFORT. To establish their "AGENDA" the following key TACTIC - rules the day. IT'S ALL IN THE PRESENTATION. During the Cold War, the USSR did some very intense research on brainwashing (they called it positive conditioning). From it, they learned the following: Any person, when subject to a reoccurring message, would adventaully begin to accept, at least, some part of it as "TRUTH". The CIA also did similar studies. Both learned that once the FOUNDATION (key point or message) was in place, it could be built upon over time. The message would then circulate in a persons SUBCONSCIENCE and would REINFORCE the key message over time. The time needed to set a foundation message - one minute a day for an average of 30 days - using non-violent methods. With weaker minded persons, it could be done in as little as one minute in one day; only the most free thinking - aka - IQ Positive persons - could resist indefinately. Scary, huh. Now, all the IQ Positive persons who read this will say " Amen, Brother " the sheeple (IQ questionable) people will say man that guy is paranoid. The IQ Negative, will never even read this post.

Forms of Positive Conditioning encountered daily : TV Ads or Commercials, Radio Ads or Commercials, Advertising on & in magazines, Advertising on Food or Drink Labels, Billboards & the worst two - TV NEWS & LARGE NATIONALLY CIRCULATED NEWSPAPERS - THE KEY TOOLS OF GOVERNMENT PROPOGANDA !!!!!!!

Are you IQ Positive (a free thinker - capable of questioning authority) or are you IQ Questionable (going along - most of the time) or worst yet - IQ Negative (going along all the time).

LIVE FREE - IT'S THE ONLY WAY - QUESTION AUTHORITY - OFTEN

Attention: I am starting Three New Catch Phrases, as of this date. Three New Catch Phrases / Three New Catch Phrases - IQ Positive & IQ Questionable & IQ Negative - Feel free to reuse them OFTEN.......when replying or posting messages on this board. To the IQ Positive Persons out there, I apoligize for REPEATING the Three New Catch Phrases Line.....

If you agree - Hit the FLAG Button on the upper left hand side above this post..
If you agree - Hit the FLAG Button on the upper left hand side above this post..
[edit on 6/21/2008 by HippieontheHill]

[edit on 6/21/2008 by HippieontheHill]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Now see this isn't a good way to start because you've basically boxed anyone who doesn't agree into the corner, you've made anything they say seem pointless and stupid. It seems slightly unfair to create a thread in such a way, in fact you could even say you're doing what the government does, manufacturing agreement by causing any naysayers to seem stupid. Or in the governments case they make people seem unpatriotic quite often.

Either way, whilst i agree with the central premise of anything repeated often enough will eventually be believed (btw Herman Guerring did that long before the cold war), i don't agree that only IQ negative people go along with the government. I've seen some extremely smart people believe anything told to them by government, and even when it's proven untrue they often refuse to change their minds. That's actually a trick of psychology, people when they have made their minds up rarely wish to change them.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree with what you say. But that only means we can't believe anything we do not experience first hand. All evidence is circumstantial at best. You cannot ever prove anything you say.
Everything in newspapers, on tv, on radio, every source of information has to be suspect. Personal observation is the only acceptable evidence.

Of course you see the problem with this. I say have you proof that the Soviets did these experiments? You would have to say no because you were not there to observe it. Even if you were, I was not there to observe you observing the experiments. And so on, and so on...

So, you see, there is no point in discussing anything. A board like this is pointless, if we accept your original premise.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HippieontheHill

It's a lot more effective with images. Text doesn't quite have the same impact due to an instinctive and biological quirk that causes our brain's perception centers to respond to bright, quick movements.

"Positive Conditioning" needs by definition some reward....and your attempt doesn't offer any such perks. Also, the style of writing....odd spacing, Uppercase Characters in unusual Places, etc....might actually have a negative affect on the reader, erasing any reinforcement.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
That's actually a trick of psychology, people when they have made their minds up rarely wish to change them.

Change is good, Right. So, why would people resisit Change. Could it be, they value Comfort. If, that is the case, wouldn't going along with the governments agenda, be more comfortable ?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

"Positive Conditioning" needs by definition some reward....and your attempt doesn't offer any such perks. Also, the style of writing....odd spacing, Uppercase Characters in unusual Places, etc....might actually have a negative affect on the reader, erasing any reinforcement.

Actually, my style of writting in the thread, was meant to provoke a response. I notice you responded. The government has taught me well.
You feel as though your response has added to the discussion, like an open debate in a Politicial Race ? Always fair and educational right ?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just to play your game I am responding but I will not be doing as you say: "If you agree - Hit the FLAG Button on the upper left hand side above this post.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think you got something here! Everytime I have a five dollar bill in my hand, I start hearing the tune..." Five, Five, Five dollar foot long" and must immediately drive to Subway whether I'm hungry or not!

It sux being brainwashed!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's called anchoring. Humans seek pleasure and avoid pain.

The idea is to associate MASSIVE PLEASURE to what will be sold.

For example, fly a plane into the Twin Towers and make Allah proud! Not only this, you get 72 Virgins as well. How's that for pleasure!

This form of anchoring is thru words and repeitition.

Other examples are:

Obama = Change and Hope

This is constant repitition. Why isn't it working so well though? Obama didn't even technically beat Hillary by the numbers. His numbers are going down now so he cut and runs from Public Funding.

Now, his latest tactic is changing the symbol of the American President, the Presidential Seal, to show Obama is the President. He and his advisors are bent on deceiving you with these lame business tactics. From the Change/Hope Mantra to the Symbols associated with being President already (and how low to do it this way).

The American public have been marketed to for years and some - many are getting tired of it. You get enough of it from a used car Salesmen.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Way to derail the thread and try to turn it into another Obama hate-athon. Good luck.

To the OP: You speak the truth, but your writing style does come off as a bit of a rant. I would avoid boldfacing and capitalizing words where not really necessary, as in most of your post. Anyone worth their weight in brain cells can see that the media culture is a gigantic propaganda engine, I don't really need someone to shout it at me.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Way to scold the OP Dwiz. I'm sure he went back under his rock by now. It would have made more sense had the OP adopted a more tele-prompt writing-style.

Some peoples kids.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HippieontheHill
Actually, my style of writting in the thread, was meant to provoke a response. I notice you responded. The government has taught me well.

I have a little clue here for you Sherlock.....this is a forum, all of the posts are, presumably, meant to provoke a response. Your response is typical of a very specific type of attitude and often serves as a "red flag" in front of many people.

Now....what does your response to my response mean? Hmmm?

Another fine example of a *H*U*M*B* thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
It's called anchoring. Humans seek pleasure and avoid pain.

The idea is to associate MASSIVE PLEASURE to what will be sold.

For example, fly a plane into the Twin Towers and make Allah proud! Not only this, you get 72 Virgins as well. How's that for pleasure!

This form of anchoring is thru words and repeitition.

Other examples are:

Obama = Change and Hope

This is constant repitition. Why isn't it working so well though? Obama didn't even technically beat Hillary by the numbers. His numbers are going down now so he cut and runs from Public Funding.

Now, his latest tactic is changing the symbol of the American President, the Presidential Seal, to show Obama is the President. He and his advisors are bent on deceiving you with these lame business tactics. From the Change/Hope Mantra to the Symbols associated with being President already (and how low to do it this way).

The American public have been marketed to for years and some - many are getting tired of it. You get enough of it from a used car Salesmen.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by jetxnet]

Amen.... Go tell it on the mountain, and I'll go tell it on the hill.....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice... What I just noticed. ? I put the word ago, instead of along in the original post. I could have swore, I orginally typed along... However, it had been so long ago... I can't really remember.. Attention gramar Police... I have caught my error; but a little late I see... May all those who read this, forgive the error and Hope for Change... Attention the subliminal message pertaining to Change & Hope is a by- product of too many Obama for President TV Ads... Help, Johnny Numonic ... I can not get the words Change & Hope out of my head. Must resist the programing... Must resist.....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
With that said, here is a first rate example in the form of Jedi mind tricks:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Good post! I am not going to hit the flag because that would indicate I am a IQ negative. Although you present yourself pretty well. Starred!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Good post! I am not going to hit the flag because that would indicate I am a IQ negative. Although you present yourself pretty well. Starred!

You mean: I am AN IQ negative.

just teasing-this place is always so serious about grammer.

top topics

join