It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[11:11]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Or they are all misunderstood natural phenomenon, which is what the evidence suggests.

www.egnogra.com...

Is this 11:11 in this crop circle a natural phenomenon? I doubt it. What natural occurance could do this? Give this message? I dont claim to know exactly what makes crop circles that cant be proven as fakes but I think its of a higher intelligence for sure. Do you have any proof its not ?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hello!

I have returned with cookies and milk for everyone-okay, no I have not but I do have wisdom. These past few months have had me quite the little busy bee. I have been searching for the answer to all answers. How has everyone been?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper

Hello!

I have returned with cookies and milk for everyone-okay, no I have not but I do have wisdom. These past few months have had me quite the little busy bee. I have been searching for the answer to all answers. How has everyone been?

Hello old friend how are you? Milk and cookies would have been nice but never mind! Been busy you say, what have you been up to oh awakened one? There are not enough of your type on ATS, you are a breath of fresh air and I wish for you to tell me what answers you have found.

I have been OK, up to this and that
Forever the searcher, forever the seeker.

Welcome back by the way.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hank & Dave - why bother even posting then? It's nice to know where closed minds are these days in relation to research of any kind. Especially assuming esotericism immediately despite the fact that label "esoteric" is largely a misnomer. Follow cutting edge science, follow ancient teachings, you're eventually going to run into each other. I love how arm-chair psycho-analysts here feel they can speak as if they are some kind of authority & "discern" information by decree only with no research, let alone actually numbers to prove their pseudo-science.

So you've posted your opinion now, thank you. I think it's funny that both of you don't bother to read what I posted despite the fact that I specifically address the psychosomatic response...but no that's okay "as far as you're aware..." you're right, so whatever. Move along now, nothing to see here

MG - That's a sweet crop circle pic, haven't seen that one. I can't wait to see the the skeptic-explanation of the crop circles again.

And if "Mr Skeptic" would like to "debunk" crop circles, I suggest they do some actually research on the subject. I'm sorry, if you think that they are completely natural you are only looking at one small aspect of them & ignoring quiet a few blatant crop circle communications. Like the response to SETI's message for one...If "Doug & Dave" coming home from the bar after a few pints of Guinness did that one, it sure wasn't captured on the security cameras that where watching the area (which was right by a radio array btw). Not to mention the circles that pop up in literally minutes, or the ones that have been video taped appearing while some kind of ball of light is visible. Or how the stalks of the plants are bent & woven together to create 3D effects and not snapped like with the fakes ones? Or how about "Ghost Crop Circles"?

I was actually thinking about expanding on the "master number" phenomena too but I still want to test a couple of things. I've noticed some correlations(contextual, emotional, intellectual) in a chronologically blind state of statements &/or thoughts happening by me or by others who don't know anything about "11:11" saying or doing synchronistic things at those times. Not to mention I've noticed people who aren't into esotericism, metaphysic, ancient knowledge, etc are reporting noticing these numbers more. Why would that be happening too Mr. Skeptic? Oh pretty pretty please say "subconscious cues"...pretty please...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Hank & Dave - why bother even posting then? It's nice to know where closed minds are these days in relation to research of any kind.

This is the paranormal forum after all. If you see most of whats surrounding the 11:11 effect as a natural occurance why even bother reading the paranormal threads? I agree with shakesbeer, those two men who claimed to make the early crop circles after a night on the beer in Avebury could never create the very complicated ones we see. A pair of wellies and a wooden plank would not be enough!!

I have started to write down how many times I am drawn to a clock and it does NOT say XX:11. It has yet to happen. I woke up today at exactly 7:11, this is not a lie. I recieved a text message of anothers illness on my mobile at exactly 11:11..this is happenning and it is not a flight of fancy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Crickey. Noticing a time doesn't mean anything. You are actively looking for it, and if your body clock is sufficiently accurate, you will know in your head when it's XX:11 and look at the clock.

You are just not being objective. You are missing some very obvious explanations for what you are experiencing, and then leaping straight to the more fantastical, which seems to be what you assumed was happening even before you started to study this 'phenomenon'.

I am interested in the paranormal. Unlike some on this board, however, I am trying to be as objective and rational as possible, which means I need to get evidence before I believe in something. I don't bring my own personal preferences into this, as that is not how people learn. You don't go to a science class with your own idea of what the periodic table is, then get mad with the science teacher when they ask you for evidence why your periodic table is correct and the established one is incorrect.

Come on, folks! Be rational! Be objective! It's the only way to actually learn.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No, it's most likely a fake perpetrated by people. It's rather easy to bend some stalks.

Plus it's just 5 lines - '|||||'. Please show me how you know conclusively it's supposed to be '11:11'. Because if you can't, you're not being objective. You are starting out with an assumption then doing everything you can to shoe-horn it into the evidence. That is not going to help anyone learn anything other than your assumptions, which you have yet to demonstrate as being based on fact.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No, it's most likely a fake perpetrated by people. It's rather easy to bend some stalks.

Once again your ignorance is showing
Seriously, if you think you can explain all crop circles I suggest you write a book and see how it's recieved. Because no one has been able to explain & duplicate how real crop formations bend, bulge, & elongate the stocks.

Not to mention you didn't address how ghost crops would pop up...

Seriously if you like looking into "paranormal" and want evidence, crop circles are as hard of evidence as you can openly find.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well no Dave I dont have any evidence to say that is definatly 11:11 in that crop circle..but do you have any evidence is isnt either ?

I hear what you saying about the XX:11 , Im programming myself through my body clock to look at the clock when I know its going to see XX:11...but the thing is when you see these numbers its like you are drawn in that very second to look, its not a chance thing your actually physically drawn to look. I do not have a body clock that accurate, there is no way I could tell you now what the time is without looking at a clock.

I just think this whole 11:11 thing is interesting thats all, Im not going to change my life plans based on a number as I have no idea what it means to see these numbers. I just think it signifies change.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Very interesting link there! I had no idea these ghost images appeared 12 months later where the crop circle had been. Its like something is still in the soil causing the image to be seen from above even though its completely covered with new crops. It actually looks like the image has been previously burnt into the soil, something that if done manually would cause it to be seen for sure, yet no burning is ever seen prior to crop cicle formation as far as I understand.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

This might sound harsh, but I don't mean it that way. Here goes!

The burden of proof is on you, unfortunately. If you want to be a respected researcher/investigator, or even have people take what you have to say on board, it's best to not jump to conclusions without evidence, as it won't convince anyone. 5 parallel lines do not make '11:11', unless you can definitively show why.

So far, there is absolutely zero evidence 11:11 means anything. Also, unless you have your clocks directly synchronised every second to an atomic clock, chances are it's not even XX:11 when you look at them. Iif you can see the clock out of the corner of your eye, the strikingly unique pattern of ':11' will most likely catch your attention, as you are looking for it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Can you show me evidence it isn't? The beauty of rationality is that one must accept the most obvious, least controversial understanding of a phenomenon in the absence of any evidence to suggest it is anything strange.

So please - show us why they are definitely not man-made, as I find the explanation that mankind, who can put people in space, can't make a crop circle pretty entertaining.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Some herbicidal agent left in the ground would cause a ghosted image to appear until the rain/irrigation has leached the herbicide/agent out of the ground. If you think about it that way, it's not that strange at all. Whoever is making these things is clearly having a bit of a laugh, and this way they get two crop circles for the price of one.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Some herbicidal agent left in the ground would cause a ghosted image to appear until the rain/irrigation has leached the herbicide/agent out of the ground. If you think about it that way, it's not that strange at all. Whoever is making these things is clearly having a bit of a laugh, and this way they get two crop circles for the price of one.

Would not a herbicidal agent just drain down as its applied to the ground. Plus its image would go all smudged and runny after a day or two, but these images seem to be exactly as they were 12 months prior. Most agents would have long gone in that time.

I may not have concrete proof for a lot of what I follow but it sure is more interesting being open to the possibilities than forever closing my mind off . You seem very logical, however the Universe is far from logical to say the least.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Hank & Dave - why bother even posting then? It's nice to know where closed minds are these days in relation to research of any kind. Especially assuming esotericism immediately despite the fact that label "esoteric" is largely a misnomer. Follow cutting edge science, follow ancient teachings, you're eventually going to run into each other. I love how arm-chair psycho-analysts here feel they can speak as if they are some kind of authority & "discern" information by decree only with no research, let alone actually numbers to prove their pseudo-science.

Please, if referencing something that I supposedly think, quote me so I can follow your logic. Do not make assumptions as to my research. Not that I have to 'prove' myself to you, but I am actually in school at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis working on my SECOND undergrad degree. Not to mention the fact that I live with an anthropologist that studied at George Mason in Virginia, and taught at George Washington in D.C.

When looking at these occurances in the entire '11:11' field, one must remember a basic principle that MANY people here seem to either have forgotten or simply do not understand.

"Correlation does not suggest causation."

Just because 11:11 (or various concocted incarnations of such) seem to attract your attention more often than not, this does not suggest the number has power.

It is a logical fallacy to believe otherwise.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you. The universe is perfectly logical
Nothing is illogical - even illogical responses are, by their very definition, logical in causation, even if their contents are not logical in sense.

When I say herbicide, I'm not talking about Crop-B-Gone or some other marketed plant-killer, but anything with the capacity to kill or damage plants. It could just be a metric buttload of salt, or some other chemical. Depending on the amount put down, and how it was put down, you could easily get a pattern like this that stays behind for a while. If it was put down immediately before the crops were bent over, it would remain undetected, and covered from being rained on.

So far nothing about the crop circle seems impossible, or even difficult, for people to fake.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Hah, I love how "skeptics" want those who've done some research to serve on a platter that which many before all of us have been working on for years & still are..

But you're lucky, I just happen to have some screen grabs of a crop circle researchers' (Barbara Lamb) recent lecture demonstrating the anomalous growths that occur on genuine crop formations. So I would be more then happy to start your work for you with some pictures:

bulged stalk:

elongated stalks:

elongated and bent stalks:

Now tell me how that was produced (by the millions) within the time these formations have occurred (minutes to hours) that can produce intricate patterns?

Here's some inside views of the 8-8-8 crop circle:

And just for you Mr. Green....the Chakra-Circle

The popular explanation by crop formation researchers(like Barbara Lamb & Linda Moulton Howe) who actually go to these places and do the analysis (or have it done) on the plants themselves theorize the ground water is used as part of the process. Apparently it's heated to over 800 degrees in a flash from what the stalks indicate as there is no scorching.

So unless you want me to fly into your living room and deliver a handful of crop circle stalks(would have to find some 1st) so you can do your own biological & physical analysis (which you're capable of right?), photographic & literary evidence will have to do for the time being. The rest is up to you to go research yourself.

Oh, and still, what about those pesky Ghost Crop Circles already? Still haven't heard the explanation on those...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

That was breath taking...very moving. You're ever so smart, my god!

Still haven't done the research though apparently....

I agree entirely with what you said btw, you just assume I am unaware of the concepts you're sharing

Thanks again for your opinion, apparently there's nothing for you to see here then...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You missed my post where I talked about ghost circles. In fact I posted two comments about them.

Then, once you read those, you can read this, as you clearly have no idea just how easy it is to fake a crop circle.

Deny ignorance. Be objective.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So I have been seeing 11:11 and 9:11 a whole lot.

I have seen it about 100 times today after reading part of this tread.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join