It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie survivalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Just looking for a show of hands for Aussie survivalists. And are you a survivalist with background in the armed forces, or developed your skills on your own? As a nation who loves the outdoors I'm sure there's a lot of us comfortable with casual excursions into the bush, but I'm wondering how many of us are at the next level. I have a 'bug out bag' but would probably have quite a struggle surviving in Sit X. I used to think the Snowy Mountains were a good place to head but have since changed my mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wow does this mean no ATS aussies are ready for Sit X?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My Buddy and I are about to both build "Eco Homes" that are fully autonomous in a remote country area of northern NSW.

People think we've lost it but at the end of the day we'll have a nice little hobby farm that we can always sell.

If # hits the fan we'll be happy as anything to be geared up and away from any major city .... if nothing happens no big deal we'll just put them on the market and hope that we don't lose to much cash in the process.

We're buying loads of self reliant books are starting to learn the basics of things it's a bit of a hobby an a bit of fun ..... in a time of need knowledge will be power!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'll be ready. Living in Perth my mates dad has a place where we'll meet.
And a bug out bag is the best thing ive ever heard. I have to get one ready too

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

If the time ever comes, ill probably gather as much as i can, and just go dark.. No contact with anything.

I know its not much of a plan, but i think it will do.. - Time will tell.

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I guess Sydney really is the biggest death-trap in Australia, 4 million people in a valley, relatively few real exits. I count only 5 roads out for the whole city. If the SHTF in a big way the roads would be choked in 30mins flat. It's bad enough just with peak hour or holiday traffic. I dunno if I could even get a bike thru some spots. Having a boat would be nice, but I don't.

Even if you make it out then there's a situation where the narrow coastal strip to the north and south is flooding with refugees of all manner to contend with. I can't see anything other than sheer pandemonium and brutal lawlessness. I shudder at the thought. Preparing for Sit X is definitely addictive and a bit of fun though! Just knowing that you are self-reliant is worth the effort alone.

top topics

join