It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Is Sued Over Seizure of Liberty Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Government Is Sued Over Seizure of Liberty Dollars

www.nysun.com

A dozen people around the country filed suit in U.S. District Court in Idaho this week demanding the return of all the copper, silver, gold, and platinum coins — more than seven tons of metal in all — that the FBI and Secret Service seized in November during raids of a mint in Idaho and a strip mall storefront in Indiana.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newswithviews.com

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I wish them luck but their gold would have been safer buried in their back yard. Those wishing to trade in their 'Rockefeller-IOUs' for real money as stipulated in our constitution would be well advised not to stockpile it all in one place for sticky-fingered alphabet gangs to confiscate. In the 1940 a real sliver dollar would buy 5 gallons of gas. Today a real sliver dollar will still buy 5 gallons of gas. What, you though gas prices went up? No silly, each Rockefeller-IOU in your pocked has somehow leached most of its value back to its true owner. "Give unto Ceasar what is due Ceasar" takes on a whole new meaning. Whoever owns your currency owns you.
/rant off
Peace

www.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm afraid they will never see a return of the coins. Once taken, it's pretty much a done deal. I wish them luck though.

Robert Kahre, a Nevada business man who was paying his employees in silver and gold coins, was raided and taken to court by the IRS last year. He defeated them 161 to 0. What was interesting to me was that when they raided him, they waited until he was leaving the bank with over $120,000 for payroll on his person, none of which was ever returned to him. He is currently countersuing the government.

You can read about the case and see a video interview in this thread:
Media Blackout? Robert Kahre Defeats IRS in Court 161-0

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

When he put that 'In God We Trust' motto on the coins, i think he went too far and thats where the coins become counterfeit, because they look too much like US Mint coins

Worker-Investors should have taken their payments in Silver Eagles, Gold Eagles, Platinum Eagles--all of which are minted by the US Treasury,
i recall Ads for the 'Liberty' coins, and i thought that all they were was collectors coins and possible barter/trade coins after the depression hits and we're all MadMax scavangers & survivalists...

the dude should have taken taxes and sent in his quarterly statements on the collector coins he exchanged with the workers... his bad

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the dude should have taken taxes and sent in his quarterly statements on the collector coins he exchanged with the workers... his bad

It wasnt his 'bad'. He actually took the IRS to court in an effort to get them to clarify the law. They would not. The reason the coins were not reported for tax purposes was that the face value fell under the dollar amounts required for reporting. Tax attorneys are even having trouble sorting out this issue because laws were never written to forbid such a practice. The problem is when the IRS acts against any precedent and proceeds as if there were such law.

An issue in both these cases is that there were no convictions, yet the government feels entitled to keep the gold and silver.

top topics

join