It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain- "I really did'nt love America until I was deprived of her company"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlow
I really didn't love America until I was deprived of her company

I understand that. When I was young I thought I loved my country, but then when I was in the Army and was stationed overseas for 3 years and I LONGED for America and appreciated America more then I could have unless it had been taken away.

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
that little old man don't have a chance!

Ageism.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How dare Cindy McCain come down on Michelle Obama for saying something so similar to what her own husband said? That's disgusting.

1 - please provide where Cindy McCain 'came down on Michelle Obama'.
2 - please show how how Sen. McCain and Michelle Obama's statements were even remotely close. (they aren't)

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And it's not that Michelle wasn't proud of her country before hand. She just realized MORE pride ...

You have already been shown that Michelle Obama's ORIGINAL statement that day did NOT say 'really proud'... it just said 'proud'. It was later on that day, in her second speech of the day, that she added in the word 'really'.

And nothing that Michelle Obama said even remotely comes close to what John McCain said. I don't plan on voting for the man, but what he said was fine. In fact, it was rather moving.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The question is why can Mc cain say he didnt love his country and you try and explain it away for him. Michelle Obama said she was really proud of her country meaning more proud of her country not that she was faking it before. Calling the Obama's elistist is just wrong Mc cain father was an Adirmal in th Navy. Person from th bottom of the class just dont make pilot status. Rank has it's priviledges. You can love something or someone and not pround of it. But you cant not love something and be pround of it.
You say he was just saying that he didnt know what he had till he lost it. But it kind like marriage sometime people dont know the spouse they have till it too late. But realizing after the fact doesnt get your spouse back. He seem to have a history of not loving things or people till it gone. He first wife stood by him those 5 years she knew the definition of love and committment he=is failure to recognize the jewel, the treasure of such a women shows his utter lack of loyality and judgement.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Both comments are similar and I take no offense to either of them. However I am flabbergasted at the way people are trying to justify McCain's statements yet they continue to lambast Michelle. Such double standards.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Seems like a lot of people are comparing apples and oranges. The man was a POW for a long time. Prior to be being a POW he was just another American who took America for granted. It was only until he lost that privilege that he realized his true love for America. This is what he makes reference to.
As for Mrs. Obama I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she misspoke . However, I will say that she does have a history of writing that may say otherwise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join