It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Who cares about the meaning of life. Why don't you live life? Life's meaning is whatever you make it out to be.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I guess people just get caught up in thinking about it. It's like looking at the sun. You know you shouldn't but it's just so doggone bright that you have to try at least one or two times.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There's a meaning to life?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes, there's meaning to life.
We're not just here alone, in a vacant, maze of humanity.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those are great letters stringed together forming sentences. Perhaps you can use your own letters stringed together to form sentences. i feel this would benefit both of us.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
:shk:

some folks are allergic to anyone else having a different belief system.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

but the question is wrong

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Answer to the Ultimate Question

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I like the way Ben put it..
2 liner

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Darn you beat me to it! And I don't believe anything in the bible so I believe you make your own meaning to life, whatever it may be.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
-the meaning of life is life.
-maybe the better question is what is your goal in life?
and that is not an easy question to answer in fact it's so complicated that you won't find two having the same answer for it.the answer is easy to those who reached the highest awareness but it gets complicated when it's perceived egoistically.
-the op says Life's meaning is whatever you make it out to be. but is it?
isn't that what's leading us to all the trouble around all the suffering and pain..everyone is bragging with what he/she thinks ,knows and wants with mostly no regared to the effects of his/her choices.when will it be enough to step out the vicious circles to see your just a tiny part of the all and whatever you do and perceive effects the all.

-the meaning of life is life.Existence is Existence(God's name).if you want the answer become one with creation and you will become the answer.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To get born, piss then maybe # a little. After a while you are supposed to eat, piss and # again and after a longer while you should reproduce a thing that does that, too.

Another option in evolution is to create your own meaning by learning enough about something, then applying it and gaining purpose by need of others.

Or, you can live like a hermit. Alone in the middle of some wilderness. Then you fish, hunt, eat and #. But do not reproduce.

Seriously speaking, though, I have pondered this a lot in the past. It took me several years to actually believe my own conclusion that there propably is no meaning. Even if there is, it is obscured enough to only stumble upon it by a life experience which makes you realize it. God apparently never bothers to reveal it either, if such exists.

Even if you do figure it out, nobody else believes you. This brings us back to the fact that then your meaning of life becomes useless as there is nobody else around to realize.

[edit on 25/6/08 by rawsom]

top topics

join