It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Cusack on Countdown...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So I was watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann and for the second time within a few days was inspired to write a thread.

John Cusack was on the show to talked about his affiliation with moveon.org as well as his new film. He appears in a "TV ad that challenges voters to try to tell the difference between George Bush and John McCain".

Now my question to you all is, what do think about celebrities getting involved in politics? Is it o.k. to speak out when you have that kind of influence?

Recently I got into a discussion over this subject with my Mom in respect to the "Oprah endorsement." I thought that it was o.k. and without getting into too much detail I said that every person has a right to say what they think no matter how many sheeple they do or do not have following them.

What do you think?

[edit on 21-6-2008 by anyone]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Its perfectly acceptable for them to speak out. Of course, on the flip side, I've never understood why anyone cares what they have to say. Taken as a group, celebrities tend to be idiots.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Its perfectly acceptable for them to speak out. Of course, on the flip side, I've never understood why anyone cares what they have to say. Taken as a group, celebrities tend to be idiots.

LMAO

Agree- they are people and have very right to endorse whom ever they believe in. It doesn't mean we have to listen, though. Frankly, I don't give a rip who Oprah likes or dislikes. I respect her, I just prefer to listen to the issues and discussions from politicians (always with a grain of salt) and political experts.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I concur with this. I don't think people are really swayed by them. However, I do think that there are some who aren't usually into watching Countdown who might actually stop on the news channel if they spot their "boyfriend" (John Cusack) talking politics.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just on a side note I found this thread about Cusack in politics. I find Cusack a pretty interesting fellow.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
However, I do think that there are some who aren't usually into watching Countdown who might actually stop on the news channel if they spot their "boyfriend" (John Cusack) talking politics.

THEIR boyfriend???
He's MY boyfriend! At least that's what my husband calls him. Last night when the Olbermann segment was coming up, my husband called me in, telling me my boyfriend was going to be on... He knows what i like.

Anyway, yes, celebrities absolutely have a right to voice their personal opinions. Why shouldn't they? They're just like everyone else.

I also find him fascinating and interesting (besides being a hottie).

new topics

top topics

join