It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GameStop Experiences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm interested in hearing your experiences with GameStop. We have shopped there since way back when we were playing the N64 and the store was called "Funco." It seems lately to be changing -- anyone else noticed?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
it was better as funcoland, at least back then you knew you were getting ripped off.

i got gh2 from them for xmas, and the guitar broke on the first day (strummer). so per their claim, i brought it back to the store to get a replacement (i didnt even want a replacement game just a guitar, i wouldve paid the diff if any). so i get to the store and yea of course there's no more gh2. the manager takes my name and number and says he will call me when a new one comes in. 3 weeks later (and lots of calls wondering if theres one in stock) and nothing. 2 months later, nothing. I guess they just stopped selling gh2.. right? -_-

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
midnight wait for Halo 3

i preordered halo 3 legendary, fully paid for it 3 weeks before the midnight launch

had my receipt in hand

waited in line 3 hours (flame me later)

get all the way to the front (after 7 receipt checks in line)
and iwas told i had to go to the back of the line because i didnt have a "preapproved check" on my receipt

i blew up on every human being there

needless to say
never been back

never will

felt good though - ya know those moments in life, when in retrospect you wish you would have said certain things?
I dont have that problem with gamestop, i told that fat bastard manager prick everything i thought about him.

I got a full refund the next day, bought halo3 at Best Buy, and have never been happier (....till i realized how bad the story sucks)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The STORE SUCKS!! And the people who work their have no lives..... yea sounds a bit mean but hey what ever they suck! Lol. NEVER EVER TRADE IN YOUR GAMES THERE TOTAL RIP!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Agreed.

They are completely useless for trading games in. Although I don't know why anyone would do that anyway?:shk:

I do go in there from time to time to pick up some cheap games though. I can get sports titles that are a couple years old for like 99 cents most of the time. So I can't argue with that.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
just sell your games in a yard sale, get more out of them, here is a little story, i went into EB Games(same thing as gamestop, just a different name), and i asked if they had a game, they took five seconds to say no, they didnt even look, so i go, buy a used copy of metroid prime 3 corruption, and they make me pay the price of a new one, RIPOFF, so i get back in line to ask them why this happened, i get to the front, guess what they say

"im sorry but we cant be held responsible for your mistake"

the moment i heard this i almost exploded, i got home, the game did work, but they have horrible customer service, no more used games ever again

new topics

top topics

join