It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity 'could die out within a century'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerevar

I've read this article a few dozen times and I BELIEVE what it means is that the religion over there is CHRISTIAN but... legalistic in a way. I know from my own experience that MY church that I grew up in was VERY legalistic to the point where you couldn't get up to go to the bathroom without getting into trouble. It was ridiculous but then I changed churches to a way more loving active church. The point I'm trying to make is that the British are hungering for more.

The Christianity is becoming "unattractive" mostly because they go to church services because they feel they HAVE to and when they go they do all the required things but not in a sense of worship and praise to God. Sometimes the Christian "religion" should be more about doing it because you want to not beacuse you have to. I think they were meaning that since it IS becoming unattractive that definately is an indication that it is dying out. Their still may be christians THERE but they will probably get few and far between because so many people base their Christianity on the good they do, doing what they're supposed to, and trying to be perfect that they teach this person, and that person teaches that person, and etc. I think it's become SUCH an unwanted epidemic.

WE should still try our hardest to be better for Christ and to love others and follow his law and sin less and less. We should even strive for perfection BUT never we'll never reach it. And that's a good thing because who wants to struggle to be perfect and "good" anyway? And I think that to be honest if someone doesn't step in and kindle a revival for REAL Christianity the British people as a whole will never know the reward of a relationship with Jesus that is about love and (sometimes discipline) not one where he's distant and you have to self loathe to feel forgiven because you didn't do 1, 2, and 3 right on you list of rules.

Trust me I've been there and will never go back. I hope I didn't offend or bore you but I just feel like the intent of the article was based on findings and was only pointing out that it COULD die out. And like I said if someone doesn't step in Christianty there probably will die out.

That's all I have to say. I know I talk too much but, hey, I'm a bit of a dork. lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theaterchick720

Erm, its really more a problem with believing in something that has no historical or scientific basis in fact, that was standardised by a pagan emperor and then warped by 2000 years of powermongering clergymen.

If I pray to God, nothing happens. No voices, no lights, no magical miracles, not a darn thing. I think its because nothing is actually happening, myself, but I guess people can ascribe that vast void of response to any supernatural entity they want.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

healings and the raising of the dead.

Where has Christianity raised the dead over there? And if it has how come they are keeping it a secret? Illusions abound................

<< 4  5  6   >>

join