It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity 'could die out within a century'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh great.

I'll be waiting as patiently as possible and providing as much ammo as needed. These criminals, liars and scammers need to be taken out of the world so that we can all finally unify under the real truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why do people feel the need to attack / dismiss religion just because they have no faith? Is it due to the fact that it is human nature to fear what we do not understand?

Do the major religions not provide people with a good way to live, regardless if they are the supposed word of God or not?

My argument is this:

There is no way to provide irrefutable evidence that a God exists. There is no way to provide irrefutable evidence that a God does not exist.

*Cough...

RELIGION IS NON-FALSIFIABLE

The sooner the Human race accepts that the better. There are people that need to have a belief in a higher power, so let them be. There are people who do not need to have a belief in a higher power, so let them be.

Like i have stated before, i personally feel that those that exhibit their faith in public are neither more staunch or devout than those who keep their faith private. Indeed, i find it more respectable to have a personal faith and not feel the need to proclaim to anyone and everyone.

Just a note to add.....I do not have a faith. I (personally) do not feel that i need one.

Christianity will never die out. Only evolve to meet the needs of its followers. The same with Islam, Buddhism, Judaism and any major religion. Religion is a social trend and has to change as its followers lifestyles change.

If you do not follow that particular religion, do not let it concern you.

Wishing the death of anything is not exactly a great place to be.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The sooner religion dies out the better off everyone is.

Hell, eradicating religion would save lives.

Yet another case of foregoing medical care and relying on "prayer" has claimed another life.

Authorities say a teenager from a faith-healing family died from an illness that could have been easily treated, just a few months after a toddler cousin of his died in a case that has led to criminal charges.

Source

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I'm sorry brother, I'm on your side in the medical debate, but I can't resist this because it's just setup too perfectly. Do you suppose the little guy might still be alive if his parents could have gotten government subsidised health care for him?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

That would be speculation at best, assuming at worst.

not a word was mentioned about not being able to afford healthcare. This, like many other cases, is child abuse neglect at the best, murder at the worst.

They knowingly withheld vital healthcare and instead chose prayer as a means of treatment.

Loonybins like these clowns actually belong in prison.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
The sooner religion dies out the better off everyone is.

Hell, eradicating religion would save lives.

How well did that work out in the USSR and PRC? How many tens of millions were murdered under those regimes? Not that they were/are truly without religion, communism is their religion and the state their god. People who want to kill or commit other evil will find an excuse. Without religion they would simply use something else, which would probably in fact be a religion, but just not called that. Face it, religion - by any other name- is endemic to the human condition.

edit for ususal crud

[edit on 24-6-2008 by resistor]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As an Atheist, I have no desire to see Christianity or religion Vanquished. These things are not the real threat, concepts do not kill people or cause problems. People twisting these things to suit their own agenda is the real threat. Unfortunately, this is not something we can vanquish, it is human nature.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Yes concepts do kill people and cause problems. If we have concepts that are not capable of being twisted to fit agendas then we have no threat facing the world.

Essentially religion is an extremely dangerous and fanatic organization where one man (pope, pastor, etc.) can sway the minds of many. I'd rather all minds be objective minds of their own, not controlled by subjective opinion through brainwashing.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Yes, that can't ever happen with science now, can it? No disagreements or swaying minds going on with issues like man driven global warming, let alone global warming in general... oh, wait. Well, OK, how about peak oil, there's an iron clad science issue in which no debate can take place nor battle lines drawn... dammit! Uhhhh, ok, I may have one, human equality... now there's a concept everyone should be able to agree upon and... well crap, I give up.

There is no such thing as a concept which cannot be twisted to fit an agenda. Hell, atheism is an example of a twisted agenda driven concept just as much as religion is. We can either live in a fantasy world constantly chasing after these unmanipulatible, everyone agrees with everyone, pipedreams, OR we can live in the real world and accept the fact that not everyone agrees with everyone else and sometimes conflicts arise.

To everyone cheering this ridiculous "report" predicting Christianity's demise, slow down. Fear of God's judgement is one of the few things keeping a large number of heavily armed American citizens from snapping at any given time on any given day. It isn't fear of jail or the law that provides restraint, it's the fact that we believe our Bibles when they tell us we'll burn in a lake of fire for going off the deep end.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar
Why do people feel the need to attack / dismiss religion just because they have no faith? Is it due to the fact that it is human nature to fear what we do not understand?

From my experience, it's because non-theists are tired of being attacked for their desire to be free of religion.

Essentially, we experience verbal assault on such a regular basis, that we have little option but to assume an aggressive stance toward anyone who is religious.

If you're one of the few religious people who can keep their mouth shut around non-theists and not repetitively tell us "You're going to hell, worship my god, heathen" then I'm sorry for taking an aggressive stance against you.

But there are far too many of those who condemn us for not being religious for us to lower our guard around religious people.

In essence, we're tired. Many of us just want to be left alone... seeing as the religious aren't going to let that happen, we have to get aggressive against anyone who could potentially push us.

To sum it up, We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it any more

[edit on 24-6-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
There is no such thing as a concept which cannot be twisted to fit an agenda. OR we can live in the real world and accept the fact that not everyone agrees with everyone else and sometimes conflicts arise.

People don't agree with each other because they don't deal with fact, they spew opinions and assumptions and anger each other like little children on a schoolyard.

However we can not argue over the fact that Hydrogen2 and Oxygen1 combined creates water here on this planet. That is a concept which can not be twisted to fit an agenda, it's called objective observation. It would create a completely different world than subjective conviction.

Only through subjectivism can the illusion of division continue.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
However we can not argue over the fact that Hydrogen2 and Oxygen1 combined creates water here on this planet. That is a concept which can not be twisted to fit an agenda, it's called objective observation.
Man is ingenius, and if given the proper motivation, could probably turn this seemingly innocent concept into something sinister. It doesn;t have to be logical, it doesn't have to be grounded in reality, it simply has to be worded in such a way that ignorant people will gobble the agenda up. There really is no uncorruptable concept, if man is smart enough to dream soemthing up, another man is smart enough to twist it around for his own purpose. And the rest of the men are stupified enough to be in awe of these men and defer judgement to them. We all base our knowledge on information passed down through other people, somewhere along the line this information is bound to be corrupted,misconstrued, or simply mistaken.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yes concepts do kill people and cause problems.
I disagree. A concept is simply an idea, thought, or philosophy. It must be wielded by someone with an agenda to become a threat.

Essentially religion is an extremely dangerous and fanatic organization where one man (pope, pastor, etc.) can sway the minds of many. I'd rather all minds be objective minds of their own, not controlled by subjective opinion through brainwashing.
And this is a perfect example of what I said. Religion,at the very beginning, was just a concept of moral guidelines and the ebst attempt at explaining the (then) unexplainable. It was just an idea, over time men took control of this and twisted it around to suit their agendas. Without people following this agenda, it has no power. There have been countless religions over time, and only a few had any power. These are the religions that were expertly manipulated by men who understood the way people think and behave, and this is what led us to where we are with organized religion. Religion as a concept can be a beautiful thing, but as a tool of greedy power hungry men, it is a threat.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Finally the scourge of the ever preaching, crossbearing pulpit pimps & tax exempt damnation auctioneers is coming to a close.

If someone has to "SCREAM & YELL" at you for 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon to get paid and sometimes laid... then curses you out in the name of Jesus if you don't drop a dollar.... something is definitley wrong!

Just how Catholic worshippers can sit in their church, knowing their priest, has molested 100 choir boys over the last 30 years is utter insanity.

What kind of freakish oath of silence is that!??

"Honey, I know Bishop Jacob has laid more than just hands on Edward... I'll just get on my knees and squeeze my rosary as if nothing happend."

Time to rid the planet of these simple minded charlatans with stone-aged mentalities --------- Leaders of the old-old school!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have no doubt in my mind that Christianity will eventually fall just like other religions before it..

The only real question is when...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Cant happen soon enough. People are becoming more educated and with the Internet we now have quick access to information once forbidden on penalty of death. Every cult or con artist has a proficiency of non believers and the doom to come if you don't, keeps them hooked. Who has 12 followers, born dec 25th, son of god, died for his faith, reborn days later, started a religious organization that has a grand papa?. Christians have no idea nor were allowed to know how and where their cult began. The Roman Empire was split with two powerful emperors and like all leaders of that time each wanted it all. Constantin's slave made up a religion based on miscellaneous documents loosely based on Judaism and Mythria. They then conned gullible uneducated souls into support for a war of religious unity. At that time Mythrism was the leading religion and after the invention of Jesus any reference to Mythria or other Gods was forbidden, they destroyed all temples and writings. Those who refused to follow the new religious dictates were burned alive, sound like something we heard before. Then there is Dionysus of Greece, born of a virgin on December 25th, was a traveling teacher who performed miracles such as turning water into wine
There are many historical Gods identical to the mythical Jesus that if alowed would cause questions so the official position of the Roman Church is “ They were sent by the Devil to trick people into turning away from the true son of God Jesus” Wow! at that time there were plenty of God Sons on ever corner in fact. Any free thinking person asks themselves Well if Jesus was the last Son why then did God not make him different to shame the devil and foil his work, common scene one would think.
People are waking up and realizing they are being made to look like fools blindly following man made fables. Would a real Omnipotent being be anything like a human or cook someone in fire for simply refusing to except the writings of other man, we all now man for what he is and purity is not one of our top quality's. Know a real honest man without an agenda?
www.near-death.com...
www.occultopedia.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerevar

You have a big misconception, Religion and God are two completely different things.
God cannot be proven or disproved that is the concept true of any fable.
Religion on the other had can and has been proven to be false ,
The world is older than 5767 years, proven.
The world is not flat has no corners and cannot be seen in whole from any mountain top anywhere.
Cannot create a whole race with so many blood types and colors from just two people when the second is a clone of the first and all in less than 6000 years. (snicker)
Could not travel the globe in year 1000 and collect two of everything in a million liftimes.
Cannot get 52 million spices in one small boat, nor would it stay afloat without cracking in half
Cannot then recreate the whole human race yet again with a single family.
And on and on and on the bible is book of simple fables for the simple.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am reminded of a quote of Gandi's:

I love your Jesus, its your Christians I can't stand.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I don't agree. Religion. whichever one you follow, is the basis of most people's human character and values. I personally am a Christian and I know that Jesus is "the way the truth and the life" and the only way. If you take ALL religion away (wrong religion or not) people would be stealing and going nutso. lol. They would DEFINATELY be the scorgue of the earth then. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't see the reason why every athiest state has to be compared to communist Russia. We got rid of God, not morality, thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join