It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Barak Obama "Scares You", you're a wimp

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Me: If the Iraqi nation wants a US presence in their country, then the US should be willing to do so, even for a hundred years. We've had agreements with other countries for very many years without problems.

Are you familiar with the Middle East and it's history, Crusades ring a bell? They will not tolerate us there for 100 years. Even now there is quickly growing discontent.
Iraqis protest U.S. Security Agreement

Another false dichotomy. Look up some of my posts on this matter and you'll see that perfectly good arguments against same-sex marriage can be made without appealing to religion. This is sloppy thinking.

I'll ask you what I asked someone else. Do you support a man whose platform is to deny a group of American citizens rights because of his own personal religious beliefs. Don't cloud the issue, McCain is against Gay Marriage due to religious reasons which he has repeatedly stated.

What I find downright funny is that he himself has divorced in the past.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Exmar]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by youvegotbighands
McCain scares me. Beyond all of his backwards, inane right-wing politrix, it's his self. A man who spent five years in a POW camp and was TORTURED EVERY DAY! That man is totally unfit to run a country.
This is truly amazing! You call the man unfit to run the country because he was tortured for five years in a POW camp?

That makes him a true patriot, and and war hero in my eyes. This is coming from a person who don't even like him!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Whoops, I just had my tonsils out a few days ago and I guess the painkillers are screwing with my head
Sorry if I seemed erratic

It was a horrible thing that he was tortured but still, doesn't that hint that there could be a little bit of psychological trauma? My great uncle was in a POW camp for 3 years and has MAJOR trauma from his captivity.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just because many republicans are 'scared' of Obama doesn't mean they are not scared of McCain. Barack is only the lessor of two evils, and what I mean by that is, they both SUCK. Either way you're voting for someone who is just terrible. Reminds me of a dual dictatorship. I think you'll find that most TRUE Republicans HATE McCain. I.E. Ron Paul supporters.

Vote for whoever is the best candidate not there political party.
Or maybe I listin to waaay to much Jesse Ventura.

[edit on 21/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by youvegotbighands

Posts like these remind me of the same old childish, irreverent, selfishly-sinister and grotesque abuses of speech. Dealing with people that constantly believe they are somehow 'stronger' or more 'intelligent' than others (those less concerned?!) is a real down side to a free and open society. The temptation offered when 'responding' to a hate-filled, irrelevant and CHILDISH snare is a practically placid situation. The beauty IS, however, that these 'children' are never aware of their self-imposed (and often tragic) blemishes. A person who believes that their knowledge of "fact", bolstered by vigor, can somehow assist in the attainment of success does not understand the true nature of change... hindsight is 20/20 for those with good vision (blinders?!) ..if you are aware of your surroundings- and yes you've got an asshole back there. Don't deny it O.o

"The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership."
-Harvey S. Firestone

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by youvegotbighands
It was a horrible thing that he was tortured but still, doesn't that hint that there could be a little bit of psychological trauma? My great uncle was in a POW camp for 3 years and has MAJOR trauma from his captivity.
I'm sure he has some PTSD issues to deal with, but I can't help admiring his courage. Will I vote for him.. "No".

I'm writing in Paul Reubens this year. He couldn't do any worse than Obama or McCain, and at least he's funny. I'll be laughing all the way to the detention/work camps.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exmar

Get my point? Don’t get all side tracked with stupid crap. What did U.S. Senator Barak Obama himself say that scared you so?

What scares me is that Barry O. seems to attract hordes of people enamored with his style and charm, and yet are so oblivious to specifics that they don't even know how to spell his name.

Yes, that's what scares me as much as anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I fear both presidential front runners. I fear most politicians.

I choose not to argue much in this thread because if one brings up points against Obama, one is labeled a McCain supporter. As if one can not support either, yet wishes for a possible third or maybe even fourth party to bring front runners to the presidential race.

Here it is ... it's not his skin color or his place of birth or his religion that I fear, it is his policies. I have paid enough taxes in half of this year to buy a third of my car, brand new. I understand that my taxes will supposedly not go up under Obama, but I know they will not go down either. I also know that voting for McCain will not lower my taxes.

I have learned to live off of the amount of money that I make after taxes, but imagine what I could do with that extra cash. I could help someone in my own town. I could feed a family with that money. I could pay for someone's rent. I could put more money into the local economy so that more people around me can have jobs.

I'm tired of the left, right punches from the politicians. Give me real change. If I am going to be taxed tremendously, I want to see it go to a small list of ideals I believe would benefit this country. Let me pick where my tax money goes, give me a list to check off. That would be nice.

End of last rant. i really must sleep now.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If Barak scares you you prolly white

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
If Barak scares you you prolly white

Enough already.

Your gimmick is very tired, please stop trolling as a fake Obama-fan for kicks. Anyone foolish enough to fall for what you seem to be trying to do has been duped by the oldest "net-trick" in the book. Cheap racial attacks and poor grammar are not going to pass you off as an ACTUAL intelligent Obama supporter.

Nice try "Obama Momma".

Anyway...although the OP may have came at this topic in a more abrasive way than I would have he does have somewhat of a valid point in terms of the reaction I've seen on these forums to Obama. The fear aspect is very real.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Get my point? Don’t get all side tracked with stupid crap. What did U.S. Senator Barak Obama himself say that scared you so?

What scares me is that Barry O. seems to attract hordes of people enamored with his style and charm, and yet are so oblivious to specifics that they don't even know how to spell his name.

You are awesome, just the person I've been looking for!!!
You must have gotten all giddy inside when you saw my misspelling.

This is the reason I started this inflamatory thread. You quote me asking readers a question and instead of answering the question, you attack me on misspelling his name. The vast majority of those who say they're scared of Barack Obama give no specifics. Like you, they accuse me of no specifics then don't provide any of their own.

I have numerous posts over the last few pages detailing my opinion.
Please grace the forum with yours and answer the question, what has HE said or done that scared you?

You prefer McCain's specifics?
Bomb, Bomb, Bomb......Bomb, Bomb, Iran
Thinks it is acceptable to be in Iraq 100 years.
Believes warrantless wire taps are legal and needed.
Actively opposed GI Bill increase
Supports overturning Roe Vs Wade

It's fine if you do, as the debate needs to be on ideas not obscure fear mongering which I loathe.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You prefer McCain's specifics?
Bomb, Bomb, Bomb......Bomb, Bomb, Iran
Thinks it is acceptable to be in Iraq 100 years.
Believes warrantless wire taps are legal and needed.
Actively opposed GI Bill increase
Supports overturning Roe Vs Wade

It's fine if you do, as the debate needs to be on ideas not obscure fear mongering which I loathe.

The ridiculous amounts of irony in this post alone made this entire baiting thread of yours worth reading. Now I will wait for Jamie to shut you down, before putting your rude butt on my ignore list.
Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

The ridiculous amounts of irony in this post alone made this entire baiting thread of yours worth reading. Now I will wait for Jamie to shut you down, before putting your rude butt on my ignore list.

Actually, I agree with you completely about myself. I laughed out loud about my loathing fear mongering while at the same time fear mongering on McCain.

I agree this thread should be shut down. 3 pages and still no specific answer to my question.

For everyone else:
As usual, I will have to carry the weight on this thread and answer my own question.

Barack Obama scares me because:
He wants to reform Health care, I like it the way it is
I think he’s for Big government, I’m more comfortable with the current republican version of small government.
I’m sure he’s going to raise my taxes even though Bush is handing him a vibrant, healthy and fiscally responsible government.
I’m afraid he won't torture terrorists or nuke Iran properly.

I think it is a great day in this country when Rush Limbaugh is able to get hundreds of thousands of freedom loving Republicans to cross party lines and vote for Hillary Clinton.

I don't think someone who doesn't wear an American flag pin everday should be allowed to be President.

Does anyone get where I'm coming from?
Don't be played for fools, people act like they are looking at facts and making decisions. B.S. they have their position already and look for facts to support it.

Numerous posts say I'm rude and condescending. At least I'm open with you instead of acting like I'm looking out for you when, what I'm really doing is feeding you propaganda.

Sure, shut down the thread and everybody put me on your ignore list. I've already put myself on mine.

Know this: My sole issue now is Iran. We are going to war with them unless people wake up real quick. If it looks like Barack Obama is going to win, Bush will strike before the election. Everything will go to s**t real quick. Government, Politics, Economy, Foreign Relations it's not normal right now, no where close. Do what you feel is right but, don't you dare act surprised when this all comes tumbling down.

How's that for fear mongering?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Obama doesn't scare me, I just think he's talking crap to get allected. On that note, so does every other politician seeking power. So many things occur that the common man will never know behind the scenes. Advisors, friends, lobbyists, coverups, payoffs, etc all in the name of election. I can't really knock Obama for doing the same thing every other person running for president does. Its just unfortunate that we are stuck in a two party system and even more unfortunate that our government even allows lobbyists. If you want a true democracy, one of your first steps is removing lobbyists. Lobbyists are just a legal form of bribery.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Why haven't the mods stopped this yet? Do they need to be ALERTED?

Yes. When you see something then hit the alert button at the bottom of that offensive post. The mods can't be everywhere ... ATS is semi-self policiing. YOU alert them .. and then THEY come in and smack the offending member.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I love those that mindlessly ...

Mindlessly eh?
Try again ...

Answer these please:

ALL off topic. Try starting another thread about those.
This is about people being scared of Obama.

so that we can determine your judgement and wether or not we should listen to anything you say.

By your lack of understanding about how to post on this site, your inability to stay on topic, and your severe lack of understanding of the law in regards to Obama breaking it with that faux-seal of his, you have shown that you aren't capable of determining if my judgement is sound or not.

Seals aren't illegal, ever heard of a corporate seal?

Some seals ARE illegal, junior.
Ever heard of these laws?

oy

edited IMMEDIATELY for spelling error.

[edit on 6/22/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Based on the title of this thread......I guess that you and maybe others can call me a wimp.

Obama is very dangerous because he doesn't know what he is doing. Has anybody seen the video on You Tube - 52 Seconds

If that video doesn't speak volumes about what Obama is all about then the people who support him haven't been listening.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

Ruby.....and you think a 52 second video of a person misspeaking is worse than EIGHT years of a buffoon named Bush???

What really scares me, here, is that some people don't even know how to spell Barack Obama's name correctly!! Oh, and to be fair, I've seen McCain spelt 'Mccaine'....

Really, if you want to discuss politics, and be taken seriously, then know how to spell the names of the individuals you are either hailing or dissing!!!

(To add....we all make typos, true. But I have seen posts where the name has been spelled "Barak" repeatedly.....maybe in a subtle sarcastic slight???)

Still waiting for someone to write 'Jon McChainey'.....because that, at least would be closer to the truth.....

[edit on 6/22/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i think they say "SCARE'S ME"

as...

how can any American..with over a 5th grade education.

want a president that has no experience running this country.

he use's fancy one liner's like HOPE ect...

if i wanted to fix my car i wouldn't find the first guy with barely any experience fixing car's.

i would find a professional....someone that has done it for decades....and knew what they where doing.

so how is it not right to be scared this many young voter's cant tell the difference?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join