It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Barak Obama "Scares You", you're a wimp

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

The OP's attitude is precisely why I not only will not vote for Barack Obama, I will also do all I can to make sure he isn't elected. Remember, its not only Republicans who are against him, over half of the Democrats who voted in the primary didn't vote for him and a large portion will not vote for him in the fall.

Barack Obama defeated:
The most famous female political figure of our time
Arguably the most well-connected and powerful political team since the Kennedys
The undisputed King of Democratic fund raising, Bill Clinton.
The initial attack of Rebulicans with Rush Limbaugh’s “Operation Caos”.

A virtually unkown, black, junior senator with an arab sounding name out fund raised, out organized and out campaigned the most powerful Democratics in the country. But, you won’t vote for him because of my attitude? What did he need, 100% of the vote to satisfy you?

The condescending, bullying tone isn't helping your candidate.

I’m not posting because Barack Obama is “my candidate”. I’m posting about my dislike for Republicans who are trying to make us believe that after an impartial look at the candidates, they will reluctantly vote for John McCain because Obama “Scares” them.

Answer these questions for me:

1. Do you believe we have a right to occupy Iraq for 100 years if we choose?
  2. Do you believe Americans are so important that we have a right to torture others to protect ourselves?
  3. Do you believe it’s better to bomb Iran than to diminish the stature of the Presidency by having direct talks?
  4. Do you believe that Separation of Church and State should be suspended to protect marriage from evil gays?
  5. Do you trust the co-author of an immigration bill written against the will of the American people.
  6. Do you agree that FEMA, FDA, FAA, DHS are all broken agencies and do you believe McCain is the one that will rid these agencies of the Bush appointees that ruined them?

My intent is to offend only those hypocrites who are using deceit, fear mongering and divisive politics to accomplish their agenda. If you answer yes to the questions above, you will be offended by me. If you answered no, I doubt your are.

You see, we aren't so much afraid of an inexperienced Senator as we are a leader who has followers who are easily unhinged and think they know more about how this world works than people twice their age.

So you don’t vote the man or woman, you vote based on their supporters? A large majority of McCain supporters voted for Bush (twice) in the past. Is that the group whose judgment you trust? Age doesn’t equal wisdom. Let me tell you how the world works, military men are prone to seeking military solutions to diplomatic problems. And, truth is what you afraid of is losing. Let me help you get over that fear, McCain has lost already. Just look at turnouts during the primaries.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Exmar]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

• 2. Do you believe Americans are so important that we have a right to torture others to protect ourselves?

• Great question, I like how you put it. This is exactly the message they are getting from us over in the middle east. And unfortunately a lot of nutty people here don't care.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:37 PM
    link   
    Obama = Bildeberger connections.
    Obama = CFR

THOSE are enough to scare the stuff'n out of any sane person.

Add to it THIS and everyone should be very frightened.

His own freak'n seal. ILLEGAL too!

Stop smoking the hope-ium.
    Quit drinkiing the kool-aide.
    Wake up.

edited IMMEDIATELY to fix url link

[edit on 6/21/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by AnOldFriend

2. Do you believe Americans are so important that we have a right to torture others to protect ourselves?

Great question, I like how you put it. This is exactly the message they are getting from us over in the middle east. And unfortunately a lot of nutty people here don't care.

Yes, the extreme group of right-wing, patriotic, war-mongers who support torture and taking American citizens rights away, have the nerve to say how scared Barack Obama makes them.

These people are hurting our image in the world and are helping create the danger that they constantly remind us we face.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Exmar

You got a star from me on this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
    link   
    I love Barack Obama. I am so excited about the way the world is changing, it's wonderful.

The more energy Obama gets, negative and positive, the better.

This will push him over the line!

Go Obama, the world needs you

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:45 PM
    link   
    If a six-year-old behind the wheel of a moving vehicle scares you, you're a wimp.

If a drunk brandishing a weapon scares you, you're a wimp.

If a surgeon with Parkinson's disease scares you, you're a wimp.

If a wild-eyed man with a box-cutter in the seat next to you on your next flight scares you, your a wimp.

If the guy driving the bus you're on and keeps nodding off scares you, you're a wimp.

If the guy filling your gas tank while lighting his cigarette scares you, you're a wimp.

[edit on 2008/6/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:04 PM
    link   
    What scares me is how you so flagrantly violate the Terms & Conditions of use established by ATS, and have yet to have you post censored by a moderator..

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
    link   
    reply to post by LLoyd45

Yeah. I'm reading this thread, and I have seen more hate than in a long time...

Why haven't the mods stopped this yet? Do they need to be ALERTED?

Hey, OP. Tell me. What plans of Obama's do you really think helps the nation as a WHOLE, and at the same time does so constitutionally?

Oh, and I realized yesterday that Lincoln held FAR MORE people illegally, and as war criminals, and the same with FDR and the Japanese here. So please don't argue my constitutional question by citing your list of Bush woes.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jasonjnelson

Oh well, what can be said? I guess this falls within the boundaries of aceptable T&C rules.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:27 PM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Quit drinkiing the kool-aide.

I love those that mindlessly repeat Karl Rove's catch phrase.

Answer these please:

3. Do you believe it’s better to bomb Iran than to diminish the stature of the Presidency by having direct talks?
    4. Do you believe that Separation of Church and State should be suspended to protect marriage from evil gays?
    5. Do you trust the co-author of an immigration bill written against the will of the American people.
    6. Do you agree that FEMA, FDA, FAA, DHS are all broken agencies and do you believe McCain is the one that will rid these agencies of the Bush appointees that ruined them?

Tell us your positions so that we can determine your judgement and wether or not we should listen to anything you say.

Seals aren't illegal, ever heard of a corporate seal?

I am sorry you're so scared though, hopefully all the rest of us can manage despite your fear.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:44 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Exmar
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Answer these please:

Seals aren't illegal, ever heard of a corporate seal?

I am sorry you're so scared though, hopefully all the rest of us can manage despite your fear.

(literally cracks knuckles)

Since flyers fan is not here to defend himself, allow me, albeit in a less elegant fashion.

1) Yes. But I don't want to. But we have the right, yes.

2) Think of someone you love. I mean really, really, love. They are currently having the worst, WORST things imaginable happening to them. The man tied up in the chair has the address. You can stop it if you get the information.

And you say?

3) Thats a misleading question. I believe that we must do what protects us. I am not an analyst, and you only play one on T.V. So I can not pretend to know all of what is happening. But If it helps my nations security, fire away aat their reactors.

4) Again, misleading. Find me one shred of credible fact that the church is indeed mandated a complete separation of church and state. And I think you are making too simplistic an argument of a complex case.

5) I trust all the counter productive bills Obamas voting record supports a lot less than Mccains push to get ANYTHING done. Obama's stance? "Si, se puede".

6) Broken? Half shouldn't exist. Sorry you want a Nanny to take care of you.
    And again, compared to the terrorists that Obama surrounds himself with?

And read Flyer's link. That Seal IS ILLEGAL.

But since you can't read the T&C, obviously you can't read at all.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
    link   

Hey, OP. Tell me. What plans of Obama's do you really think helps the nation as a WHOLE, and at the same time does so constitutionally?

I'm going to start with one plan to see if we have any common ground.

Direct talks with Iran without the ridiculous pre-conditions that would (if met) negate the reason for the talks in the first place. This ranks as my highest reason for currently supporting him.

McCain and Hillary's reckless talk of striking Iran is a threat not only to our countries interests but most of the world. Airstrikes without ground troops following it will not work. Iran has co-operative security agreements with Syria and (I believe) Venezuela. They have tacit support from Russia and received nuclear materials, training, equipment and design plans from both Russia and China. WWIII is not an exaggeration.

There is a large group trying to walk us into a war with Iran and say it was unavoidable like they did Iraq. If we hit Iran, I'm telling you it's going to be nasty for us. Partisan politics will be a luxary of the old days just like $4 a gallon gas will be.

Do you agree?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Exmar

I say that the regime in that part of the world has done nothing to earn the respect or esteem given to other leaders of the world. No, I don't agree. But I did write a whole post and all before this.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Exmar

Exmar: Do you believe we have a right to occupy Iraq for 100 years if we choose?

Me: If the Iraqi nation wants a US presence in their country, then the US should be willing to do so, even for a hundred years. We've had agreements with other countries for very many years without problems.

Do you believe Americans are so important that we have a right to torture others to protect ourselves?

Your use of the term torture is laughable. Even water boarding is a training procedure for certain US troops. I'm not saying its fun, but it's gotten the job done and I'm pretty sure it's been used on a total of three prisoners.

Do you believe it’s better to bomb Iran than to diminish the stature of the Presidency by having direct talks?

This is not a valid question and represents a false dichotomy. You must work for a political poll firm.

Do you believe that Separation of Church and State should be suspended to protect marriage from evil gays?

Another false dichotomy. Look up some of my posts on this matter and you'll see that perfectly good arguments against same-sex marriage can be made without appealing to religion. This is sloppy thinking.

Do you trust the co-author of an immigration bill written against the will of the American people.

Not enough facts to decide. What bill are you talking about.

Do you agree that FEMA, FDA, FAA, DHS are all broken agencies and do you believe McCain is the one that will rid these agencies of the Bush appointees that ruined them?

Way to many presumptions here. For my money, McCain's the man regardless of the condition of these agencies. There's certainly no guarantee that Obama can do better.

Obama doesn't really scare me. His bots do worry me, though.

[edit on 2008/6/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
    link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:19 PM
    link   

1) Yes. But I don't want to. But we have the right, yes.

I was hoping you'd make it farther down the list before getting one wrong. The answer is: No, we do not have the right to occupy Iraq for 100 years. The resolution passed by the U.N. did not authorize that. "Operation Iraqi Freedom" is not a success until Iraq is free, you can dress it up any way you like to make us seem wonderful but, we are occupiers in a foreign land. History shows what happens to the occupiers in the end. Funny how we Americans forget our own nations history

2) Think of someone you love. I mean really, really, love. They are currently having the worst, WORST things imaginable happening to them. The man tied up in the chair has the address. You can stop it if you get the information.

Funny, when I served in the Marine Corps during the Gulf War, they forgot to show me that exception to torture in either the Geneva Convention or the Rules of War.

3) Thats a misleading question. I believe that we must do what protects us. I am not an analyst, and you only play one on T.V. So I can not pretend to know all of what is happening. But If it helps my nations security, fire away aat their reactors.

Read up on Iran's buried nuclear facilities. The only way to destroy them is with Tactical Nukes. Do you really think a Tactical Nuke first strike on Iran helps your nations security? Also, airpower never won a war on it's own, ground troops always follow. Mark my words on that.

4) Again, misleading. Find me one shred of credible fact that the church is indeed mandated a complete separation of church and state. And I think you are making too simplistic an argument of a complex case.

You may not like this but, I'll make it even more simple. Do you support a candidate whose platform includes denying certain Americans rights due to his own religious beliefs?

5) I trust all the counter productive bills Obamas voting record supports a lot less than Mccains push to get ANYTHING done. Obama's stance? "Si, se puede".

You are right on pointing out Obama's "Si se puede" stance. It is disturbing. But, McCain went even farther by co-authoring a bill to sell us out.

6) Broken? Half shouldn't exist. Sorry you want a Nanny to take care of you.

What I expect (not want) is for:
    FEMA to provide disaster assistance in major disasters
    FDA to do its best to ensure the safety of our food and drugs
    FAA to ensure the safety of the airlines.
    DHS to secure our borders and ports 7 years after 9/11.

If they accomplish all that and still have a little of my tax money left sure, I'll take a nanny to babysit my frightened little Republican friends when Obama is President.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:20 PM
    link   
    McCain scares me. Beyond all of his backwards, inane right-wing politrix, it's his self. A man who spent five years in a POW camp and was TORTURED EVERY DAY! That man is totally unfit to run a country. How messed up must he be? A man who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class. A man who married into one of the most wealthy, invulnerable families in America. This wacked out, doltish, rich man scares me.

I could never give a man of those qualities my vote. Obama is a change of pace- for the better. Barak is a strong man who wants to save America. He does not have any "cronies" like King George the Second. He has nothing to gain but America's power, integrity, and name back from the rest of the world.

I am not afraid of change, only of those who stifle it.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
    link   

Originally posted by youvegotbighands
    McCain scares me. Beyond all of his backwards, inane right-wing politrix, it's his self. A man who spent five years in a POW camp and was TORTURED EVERY DAY! That man is totally unfit to run a country. How messed up must he be? A man who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class. A man who married into one of the most wealthy, invulnerable families in America. This wacked out, doltish, rich man scares me.

You'd really have to look pretty hard to find a statement that exemplifies bigotry the way this one does.

That's the most pathetic statement I've read in a very long time.

The left never ceases to amaze me. While they're clucking their tongues at the rest of us and screaming racism and sexism, statements like this are bandied about on a regular basis.

Sick, sick, sick.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join