It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Something had sparked my curiousity. I've only heard and read about guardians angels and spirit guides. I would like to know of them, what they are, what they do, why, and if there is any circumstance under which a living person rather than an entity would be given this role.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hello?!!! You mean to tell me there is no one here with one single SPECK of knowledge about guides? NO ONE?!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I believe guardian angels can manifeat themselves in human form. When I ran away from in high school a man helped me by showing me where to eat and get help. He also "guided me" back to my parents and into a normal life again. Yes, I believe they exist.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Depends really on faith and perception mostly.
Guardian Angel or Guardian 'Being' some of the most normal people (who even see themselves as normal) are more than likely guardians and don't know it. Don't know that there helping but just doing it out of the goodness of there heart and being.

Also think they would more or less be mentors and not so much as guides as we all have that choice of doing what we want

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

But, a living person, rather than an angel/ spirit, could be a guide, then?
What would the purpose be? What do they guide the others to, hypothetically, and why?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

To help people get over troubling times and to keep them from falling into despair or evil. (Sorry way to late and can't really think of the other word besides evil). They probably aren't guiding but laying out the options for the person to take. Options that lead to a rich and fulfilling life [Hopefully].

As to the why portion, well from experience it's a feeling of Euphoria knowing that you helped a soul find closure, even though you [you being the angel or spirit or whatnot] cannot find the immediate closure you helped someone else. That in a nutshell is generally always more fulfilling. At least for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh, no, you're not too late. I was afraid i was never going to get any posts at all! That does make sense, thankyou. That wouldn't, by chance, mean you've served as a guide yourself, would it? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
reply to post by Leviatano

But, a living person, rather than an angel/ spirit, could be a guide, then?
What would the purpose be? What do they guide the others to, hypothetically, and why?

Ofcourse living beings can be guides. They are specialized in some skill or have intimate knowledge of a certain topic and years more experience than the one they are guiding. This allows the guided for faster advancement in such a topic. Could be anything, from a mechanic taking on an apprentice to geshe's and guru's teaching meditation. You could strip a car yourself and learn by trial and error or you could have someone tell you what you better not do so you don't break things and learn about an engine quicker. The same with the mind, not only preventing evil from influencing you without you being aware of it but also to inspire different outlooks making you aware of things you didn't see before.

Why I have a 'spiritual' guide that's not physical is because I have not met a suitable (living) teacher yet. When I had my first conscious experiences with spirits, he made sure I didn't freak out about it, kept me calm somehow even though in retrospect I would likely run out my house screaming and losing it. I've only seen him a few times through my minds eye (like a memory) and he appears as a fat friar Tuck kind of monk though more serious, reserved and calm. Sometimes I can communicate with him in some way, he has a very calm, deep yet booming voice. He's very patient, easygoing and it doesn't matter whether I'm angry, he's never insulted. He doesn't so much explain things to me directly but more like he watches out for me in case I encounter any nasty spirits which I can't handle myself. I'll still have to deal with them myself but in a way he calms me down so I can deal with them better.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

For a while yes, but I am certainly no Angel :p.
Still in it actually.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Leviatano]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey Levitano, you wouldn't have an opinion on the following idea, would you? The idea is that living people can be somehow angel-related/involved. That's all. Well, maybe that living guides in some cases would be? I don't know. I just like thinking on things like that.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hmmm,angels guardians..Intersting post there my friend.

There are many aspects of wich your need for knowledge comes from.In fact the question itself in a way could be looked at as part of the answer.

As far as a spiritual guide is concerned.throughout our history as a knowledged being of our surroundings we have been curious as to what exactly is going on around here.

On the religious side of things and this can be of any creed really,we tend to give alot of our inner reality,(our personal views on life and exsistence) to powers that are outside ourselves,and in most cases with due respect.

Life and exsistence at large can be a very huge thing.So in this aspect of the guardian angel,being whatever.One can perhaps see that there are levels of the unknown that we tack certain beliefs or even titles to.Usually to a being much like ourselves or atleast humanoid like in our perception.

For instance to creation we have an end all a beginuing a source.A being who made everything and in some cases is looked at to be an overseer of sorts like a governing force.

On a smaller but still important scale we sometimes can think that unbelievable things that happen to us.like get in a car crash or something like that.Are made possible by some outside force again.Preventing us from going on a plane that crashes,or a boat that sinks.I dunno.

In many cases these forces represent the good or light in the universe.Something very strangely only presnt in a few species here on this planet,the process of feeling good and evil so to speak.

But on the other hand. Every thing is connected so i dunno.

But at any rate that is just one angle.

In many studies and even personal experience,Within kinda what i was talking about before.We can come across very strange things,feeling presences, seeing visions having dreams,even hearing voices.

We work on frequencies of energy and information,everything wee see feel hear and so forth,are part of a transferring system of these energies and information.

And in this there is much that we cannot explain or simply do not understand.

So on another side.AS i said we work on energy and information.Many believe there to be beings of differnt types of structures of this information.They can be called ghosts angels demons all sorts of things.

In many of these circles of study we attatch our own personal energy to the beings we attract.In this we start getting into occult and even as i was talking about with god and the angels from above. Each side represents one half of our inner selves,and what many say the universe works on,yin and yang.In this we see that the more we put out a positive type energy we will get more attention from an entity who may help us,hurt us and what not.Some circles of study claim that one side will try to go for thea human of the other side to try tio change their energy.And perhaps therere is an eternal struggle at all times happening.

at any rate i can sopeak much more on such things if needed just let me know.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Yeah I think there are living beings like that, but I think Toraylin has it correct when he says forces of light. I guess you can say it's like a militia of light in a way really, a band of people who work for striving to make things right again after it went wrong.

A few of those could be the angels themselves while others may be other races and such wanting/striving to see that greater good come about.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
as far as i know humans have at least 6 guardian angels more or less i dont know but there all there to protect you and point you in the right direction (you as in us and us as in human beings)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It has been a while, but dark energy, if you make it back here: doesn't that seem like a stretch? Six for EVERY human? ...("being")? Why six? And why would these not be seen? I've never seen one...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are no such things as angels, anyone who tells you there are is lying. sorry to wreck the religions of about half the planet but you are wrong. There are beings aligned to right and wrong but they have no care about humans and do not interact with them. The only protection anyone has is their own power.

top topics

join