It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting object beside the moon - picture from last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey, this is a first for me. I've been on ATS over a year now and I'm happy to post an interesting picture!

My friend, who lives near by, took this picture last night, around 9.30pm/ish. Location around 50kms West of Melbourne, looking in the Eastern sky at the full moon. He was around my place not long ago to give me the image, so we could post it here. I've got the original images straight from the camera card saved onto my desktop.

He was taking pictures of the full moon and noticed this when he was scanning the pictures. The original image size is 3.31M, which makes it difficult for me to do anything on a 56K modem. I've cropped the important part and saved it as a 27K file instead. I have never had the need to open a photobucket account, but I might do so later on tonight, when I have time. He has some other pictures taken at the same time, around 36M altogether, which will blow my modem up if I try a mass upload!!!

What do you think? I won't bias your opinion by making suggestions...

Thanks for looking.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing the picture.
I tend to believe before I disbelieve when it comes to UFO pictures, lol. but that is just me...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I actually tend not to believe too many UFO pictures, unless I know the person who took them. In this case, I do know the person! He didn't know about ATS, but his first thoughts were to show me, as he knows that I have a keen interest in all things related to Aliens and UFOs.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I would reckon that the object is the planet Jupiter. The small object is showing the typical "trail" of a point source subjected to camera shake. The moon, being relatively larger and closer, just blurs a bit from the shake.

Below is a picture of the night sky above Melbourne at 21:30 from YourSky. It shows Jupiter located in the Moon's lower quarter, just as in the photo.

Edit : change to ground view

[edit on 6/21/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
very nice, very interesting! you could always upload the picture on netload.in or rapidshare.com, megaupload... etc.

I wouldn't use photobucket, I think the site downgrades the image quality.

Would love to see the big file!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

top topics

join