It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spyware in Cars??? Would you pay more for privacy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In this time when they can take your picture walking down the street, monitor your internet usage and visits, and listen in on your phone line...now comes knowing where you are and where you've been in your car

" The committee passed AB 2800, a bill that would allow insurance
companies to require drivers to install spyware devices in their cars with
no limit on the information - including speed, acceleration, location, time
of day and mileage - the companies could collect. Under the legislation,
consumers who refuse to give up their privacy by allowing the hardware in
their cars would pay higher rates."

While currently this bill is for CA it's only a matter of time for it to be adopted by Insurance companies nationwide.

So my question is this...how many would pay the higher rate for the sake of privacy.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by angelonmyshoulder]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
oops, sorry, here's the link.

www.prnewswire.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by angelonmyshoulder

They already have this in all GM cars. It's called OnStar. They track all of this information, as well as track you, whether you subscribe or not.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Not just paying for it. What about my privacy? I think they'll soon be putting out gadgets to read your mind too. Beware! Big brother is watching you. And it's getting more intrusive. Is it part of the NWO assimilation strategy??

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think the chip is coming, then I don't think there is anything left to do short of operating on yourself.

P.S. I'm sorry by the way mike singh, I'm not sure how I posted under your thread.. I don't do this too often so I apologise for my error. ;-)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

They already have this in all GM cars. It's called OnStar. They track all of this information, as well as track you, whether you subscribe or not.

I was led to believe (my sister had Onstar) that it could be disabled, she ended up having it removed (it was an older vehicle) Not sure about the newer vehicles where it does seem more integrated.

top topics

join