It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to watch for at Jeddah’s oil summit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
reply to post by mybigunit

Your extremist theory makes no sense...They hated us for our freedoms long before we were ever in their land.

Stumpy read up on your history Im not going to debate this in this thread. if you want to start a thread to debate this let me know.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Inflation is a Monetary phenomenon. Monetary inflation leads to price inflation. As long as their oil is priced in our monetary unit they will have to deal with the inflation of our monetary unit. The amount of inflation they are experiencing is becoming intolerable.

As far as our Debt being so attractive to other nations, the same scenario played itself out in Germany before the hyperinflationary collapse of their currency. Many were buying into Germany's Debt because they felt it was a bargain and would rise again. We all know how that played out!

The real bubble is not oil, it is Derivatives. They increased by some 500 Trillion over the last year. There are now over 1 Quadrillion Dollars worth. Some 20 Times World GDP. That bubble will either pop or they will try and print the money to cover the Hundreds of Trillions necessary to shore it up if it starts to unravel. Either way, the world is in Trouble.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
BTW the extremists DO hate us because we are in their land not because they hate our freedoms

Both counts are false. They would still hate us even if we were not there and 'our freedoms' is a very small part of the reason they hate us.

These extremists are crazy religious nuts who would kill you in a instant only because you don't believe in their religion. These people are on the verge of an mental collapse. They are insane and who really knows the true reason for their craziness. These nutjobs hate our way of life because of the way we treat woman, our capitalism and of course our freedom of religion. I think the reasons they hate us are many and not any one thing in particular.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

unless they had true confidence the 'elite' of American power would still, try to contain oil,as the 'addiction' to western economy?

Yes, hydrogen is there, but for the past 10yrs, there's a definite influence by the oil cartels on western direction.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Why would they do that for, they are not our friends no matter what the Bush administration tells us, they are Arabs and they are supporters of terrorist organizations.

Their goal is to bring down the west for years, the greed of America consumption for oil, the meddling of our government in their lands and the support for Israel has made us their enemy, but an enemy that has made them filthy rich.

They actually do not need us anymore when they have an open and growing market in China and other developing countries like India.

They would do it if we say, Take out Iran and Pakistan as a nuclear threat to them. I bet that is whats in play. The Saudis do not want Iran with the bomb and we want cheap oil.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

They could but I think it has to do more with the GOP and the friendly business ties with the Bush family.

Have you read Robert "Bob" Upshur Woodward books specially the one about the bush family ties with one of the Saudi princes.

It seem that when Bush needs some help with oil one of the specific Saudi princes is the one to call, can not remember the name but he is one that is more western loving of all the princes and the one that allow US to use his airport in Saudi.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
They could but I think it has to do more with the GOP and the friendly business ties with the Bush family.

I realize you think the Bush administration and the GOP in general is evil because of their oil ties but you cannot seriously believe the DEM's don't have any ties either.
Hell, even Obama has contributors from 'big oil'.

Obama and oil

More Obama oil contributors

Ooh, ouch, that must hurt.

I guess you have to start hating and calling the Obama campaign evil and corrupt to 'big oil'.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
If only we hadn't wasted so much money on the Iraq war, we could better afford to make these needed changes. (as if)

I hear this alot, like somehow the politicians wouldnt have found some other way to spend the money??

This gets thrown around alot, if no Iraq war we could have ...."Universal health Care for everyone" solve... "Homelessness"... take care of all our problems.

This is the same crap people bring up about almost any government expenditure they do not agree with. Like NASA, Farm Subsidies or even the DOE.

The argument doesn't hold any merit.
The crooks would still be in charge (either party)

as far as the main topic goes.. SA isn't going to do squat, they aren't that smart. it's the here and now just like every other corporation or government on the planet, NOW is all that counts.

If prices keep spiriling up.. alternatives will start to look as appetizing as a virgin on prom night.

Heck.. in the US, support for more drilling is skyrocketing with every extra dollar per gallon. In a few months we'll have riots demanding we drill right on top of the elk and polar bears.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

nice way to quash and debate you know you would lose, Ok ...enough said, oh yeah one more thing...My major in college was history, mainly eastern civilizations. And I have spent quite a few years in the ME as well, let me know if you would like to debate.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Boy, you sure have a twisted view of the world.

Actually she is very well informed about what seems to be the main motivation for western interventions almost everywhere in the world and i would suggest that it's you who don't seem to know what's going on.

Greed of America consumption for oil?? What does that even mean?

It means that a good proportion of Americans have come to believe that they must intervene in the world to secure enough oil to fuel their economy. This is a fallacious belief and not coincidental as it stems from decades of corporate and governmental propaganda to co-opt the American public and gain their passive support.

It's not greed. Oil just happens to be the foundation of industry. Without oil, industry would cease to exit. It's like humans needing food & water.

Sure it's greed only the people who give their support does not understand that they are not in fact benefiting by support of their governments actions abroad. Oil is not the foundation of industry, as that spot is firmly occupied by coal, but it is the foundation of the very important transport sector as well as a whole host of other important economic activities. The question should not be about the relevance of oil to modern economic activities by why modern economic activity seems to involve so much oil when it doesn't have to involve oil at all?

As for our existence being due to oil that's just nonsense as countries fed themselves long before oil or coal came into use and they could do so again today by using other technologies.

This is how industry works in all developed nations. Why is it only America which you consider greedy and not China or India?

She didn't say that and for good reason as China and India does not yet have the military or economic muscle to throw it's weight around in the same way that the US national security state has been for the last few decades. When things change so that China and India starts invading other countries for economic reasons ( and yes, i think Tibetans are far better off than they used to be which isn't the case of Iraqi's or Afghan's, Koreans or Vietnamese ) we can discuss their abuses and crimes but until then i suggest we keep our eyes on the current criminals.

Meddling of our government??
Well, if it were not for our 'meddling', Saudia Arabia would not even exist in it's current form.

Obviously not and that could have either led to better or worse things for the people of that region.

You do realize it was Americans who found the oil in Saudi and showed them how to get it out of the ground.

Yes, but what does that have to do with anything other than the fact that the US were leading such enterprises at the time due to the discovery of so much oil in the US? Do you think the Saudis could not have gotten out the oil if they had sufficient resources to invest in such a enterprise?

Those bastards should be grateful for our 'meddling' because otherwise they would still be a bunch of nomads traveling in the desert.

The princes most certainly are but for the most part the people of that country has only recently benefited by the oil riches that have kept certain factions in power....

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Both counts are false. They would still hate us even if we were not there and 'our freedoms' is a very small part of the reason they hate us.

That's always the case for a few nuts in each country on the planet but who invaded who recently enough for anyone but a nut to seriously care about?

These extremists are crazy religious nuts who would kill you in a instant only because you don't believe in their religion.

So my question is why there aren't attacks against Americans in the USA every other day? Where are all these supposed nuts and why aren't they buying plane tickets to come kill the people they hate so completely?

These people are on the verge of an mental collapse.

Apparently so close that they can't get a job to afford plane tickets or work up the brilliant plan of attacking American tourist overseas?

They are insane and who really knows the true reason for their craziness.

Classical fundamentalist reasoning at work there; their so crazy they can't even be considered human for lack of their ability to explain their motivations? Why is it then that they explain exactly why they hate whoever they may hate? Why is everyone person on the planet motivated towards such goals and ends by a relatively clear chain of thought? Don't you have motivations and reasoning involved in having come to the conclusion that others aren't reasoning properly and don't you think they feel exactly the same about your reasoning processes?

These nutjobs hate our way of life because of the way we treat woman, our capitalism and of course our freedom of religion.

And yet you were treating your women almost the same way not so long ago? Whoever understands capitalism wont be jealous of it and what they may despise is the fact that capitalist consumes entire countries and continents in it's effort to enrich the actual capitalist class ( a small minority) of the given imperial power. Do you think they hate your freedom of religion which allows them to practice their religion in your country or do you think it has more to do with what they think a competitive religions aims are?

I think the reasons they hate us are many and not any one thing in particular.

And yet you have not managed to come up with even one reason that makes much sense? Want to take another stab at it?

Stellar

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
See theory this is why I like very limited foreign interventions. it seems we go to war to help allies all the time and they all screw us in the end. Like we helped France in Vietnam we all know the crap they did...

If the motivation of the US national security were to 'help' the French they certainly succeeded as the picked up much more than half the cost of the last ten years of the French occupation; the fact that they were in fact helping themselves by trying to destroy yet another liberation movement proves that that it had nothing to do with helping France. The French had to leave due to the same economic and public pressure that eventually forced the US out and if it wasn't for the US support France would have been forced to leave Vietnam MUCH sooner. What did France do to the US any ways?

kuwait first gulf war now they are threatening to depeg from the dollar, and on and on.

Kuwait didn't need the help as they had a dictator before the Iraqi invasion and a dictator after the invasion the main difference being that the Iraqi installed dictator would have westernized and modernized the country faster than the Kuwaiti's probably would have. The US intervened with a invasion not because Kuwait needed to be 'liberated' but because it was seeking to use the situation to make Saudi-Arabia and other countries long term staging areas for future aggression against Middle eastern nations.

I think we need to keep to ourselves all these people we build them all up and they all screw us in the end.

Which countries did the US build up in the last six decades and can you show me at least one case where altruism or 'building democracy' were serious motivational forces?

BTW the extremists DO hate us because we are in their land not because they hate our freedoms

And it's sad that this is not readily obvious to everyone on the planet. You would think such facts could be more obvious but it just shows how well indoctrinated some sections of each country have become indoctrinated by the nonsensical propaganda we should all be seeing trough.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join