It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Welfare-Warfare State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The Welfare-Warfare State

www.antiwar.com

The dollar is hitting bottom, and the real estate market with it, yet the War Party is telling Americans we have to "liberate" oppressed peoples overseas. Who will liberate America's homeowners from the looming threat of foreclosure? Who will protect us from the corrosive effects of inflation, which eats up our savings and ravages the economy? Not this government, nor one likely to take office in the near future.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Indeed-The Two-Party Crime Family (which is really just one big party of thieves and greed-mongering criminals) has decided that the people of the nation are irrelevant. They will just keep using us as their personal ATM machines to continue profiteering off their endless wars and special interests, until the entire country is bled dry, bankrupt and all but the top-tier elitists are living in poverty. They have all sold us out, both "parties", at all levels, and it won't end until we take back control and return this trainwreck to a government of the people-One which it hasn't been in so long, it's hard to remember when we actually mattered...

www.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Did you honestly think the Dems would be any different once they took control of Congress? Remember all the promises they made prior to the election? Do you think they kept any of them?

Heck, one of the ones they made was to reduce the price of gas. It's gone thru the roof since they took office! Pelosi was more concerned about her access to military aircraft for travel than what's going on with the American people.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, I see two immediate problems with the little snippet of news.
First, the mortage crisis is not because of the falling dollar.
Secondly, it's not the governments job to bail out homeowners. The homeowners in forclosure knew what they were signing and should not have tried to buy a house they could not afford. Now they must reap the consequences of their own doing. The government should not have bailed out the Banks who approved the loans because the Banks knew they were handing out risky loans.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I agree. Even CNN is getting ridiculous with it's bizarre stories, such as the "thong lawsuit." They'd rather feed dumb Americans this garbage, instead of focusing on the bigger stories such as the war and the economy. It's getting absolutely crazy.

People are still wrapped up in the pursuit of mundane pleasures, such as the summer movie season, what celebrities are doing, etc. A lot of people don't even read anymore. They just keep filling their minds with the crap on these television shows, the mainstream media broadcasts, idiotic movies, videogames, and music. Heck, the number two song on iTunes is entitled "I kissed a girl" or something.

Come on people! Wake Up!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I fail to see the welfare, but I have to admit it's more than compensated with an overabundance of warfare. What I find sad in this whole situation, and here the american people will just have to forgive me, is that you have a volunteer army. So it's not just congress and white house, you have millions of people co-responsible for this madness. Things in history have never really changed from the top down, it takes grass roots cultural change to modify the path of nations. So you guys have some soul searching to do.

Sold out? No, you guys bought into the madness.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I agree. That's the problem with a lot of the public. They feel that the government is responsible for them and their crappy financial decisions. What ever happened to personal responsibility? That hasn't been around in a long time.

new topics

top topics

join