It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Meat our Worst Enemy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is my first time posting but this subject concerns me. I've heard from many people, (internet/ web postings), that our meat supply is tainted! If this is all true and we are Text tainted with this "brain eating disease" are we passing it on to our children? I read somewhere that it can pass through a Placenta, if so, are we sentencing future generations to a fate of early Dementia? More disturbing, maybe I'm being to much of a conspiracy nut, but who has seen any leader eating beef?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I do not know about brain eating disease (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy aka mad cow aka CJD when in humans maybe? -but there are outbursts which so far had being more or less successfully halted) but there are a lot of drugs - like antibiotics and such - and in lot of places cows get milk increasing hormones which causes eventually even greater antibiotic use.
As for CJD (or mad cow disease) - it kills person in about a year. So if we are all infected - no one will witness doom of 2012 and so many people are building for that. It will be a shame,really.

And as far as i know CJD is not transmitted to offspring, but through ingestion of prion-infested food.
Hope it helps.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

I would say unnecessary killing (of animals, in this case) is, along with fear, our worst enemy.
I have been successfully avoiding this particular enemy for the past 20 + years.

And if I could do it, anyone can.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've been eating beef all of my life.
I like it. So the short answer is a resounding NO.
Now where was I going with this?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I was concerned after listening to C2C the other night. The pryons and so forth... The Japs had evidence that this can "pass through" the placenta. I have friendly relations with a person that admits cows are being fed to cows and that this may be spread more widely than is being publicized. I LOVE MEAT but I've also heard about a study involving Veterans being tested for Alzimers and it coming up wrong in almost 30% of the cases! Doesn't that make you wonder?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is meat our worst enemy?
Damn, you sure wouldn't hear that crazy question anywhere else but ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

i believe it is tainted

top topics

join