It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the dishes dirty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OK. I've been wanting to write a thread on this subject for some time now. It took today, after finishing lunch at yet another restaurant, to finally push me over the edge.

I want to know why the dishes are ALWAYS dirty.

Not the ones I use at home, but the ones I use EVERYWHERE else!

Stick with me on this...

The next time you go out to eat, look at the condition of the plates, glasses and silverware. They are NEVER really clean. Most often they are scuffed and scratched and half the time it looks like they were just rinsed and placed for use again.

Is it just me????

This just can't be healthy.

And btw, it doesn't matter if you are eating upscale or downscale, it seems true no matter where I go.

CLEAN THE DISHES PEOPLE!!! Your crafty lighting and white linen don't fool me one bit.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
One word dude! Steam washed! Wait... I can count to two!

I was a dish washer at a large restaurant and they use a Steam Washer without scrubbing the dishes. It's just too time consuming. They do scrub the large pots and pans though.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think most places use the high pressure extremely hot water sprayer to wash the dishes, like they did in school. I am sure it is easy to miss spots with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They should try soaking the dishes first to loosen up the sticky stuff leftover on the surfaces. Then that hot sprayer will get the rest off. But I guess there is little or no time for all places to get it right for the more germophobic customers.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People don't take pride in their work anymore esp. when you only make min.wage.You work in a large diner or rest. esp during either fasted paced or rush hour.You just want to get the dishes out and not worry about much less.Most of these dishes still have to be washed by hand esp. morning breakfast when u get the yucky egg and pancake syrup mixed goop.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I work in a restaurant..so do my sons. All three have been dishwashers.
A high pressure spray is used to rinse them off, then they are put through a dishwasher.
It is a fast paced job, and sometimes things are missed.
Occasionally this is caught by the line cooks or servers.
Only sometimes silverware slips under the radar, and we are quick to replace it, if a customer is unsatisfied.
This happens very rarely though, as we have high standards of cleanliness as ordered by the health department.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The solution to your problem is to eat fast food, that way there is nothing to wash. Unless there is a piece of hardened food stuck to your plate, I think you are overreacting.

new topics

top topics

join